NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

pmamate

Reaction score
Just finished my medical at Raffles Hospital. Took a grand total of 1hour. Good luck to everyone going for it.

Hi did they give you anything after the x-ray like the overall report or something. Just curious because I left straight after the x-ray empty handed. Felt kinda weird.

HD665JS

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I check, for those who are starting their contract stint on 11Feb, are your career@gov status still "shortlisted" or has it been changed to something else?

Thanks!

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi! Was wondering if you did a blood test?

If by blood test, you mean a finger prick, then yes. The nurse did prick my finger to check but she said it is only done at random. I did not fast and had my lunch 2 hours ahead of the check up.

Last edited:

mayain

Reaction score
If by blood test, you mean a finger prick, then yes. The nurse did prick my finger to check but she said it is only done at random. I did not fast and had my lunch 2 hours ahead of the check up.

Ah ok cool, because i did not have any and asked the nurses twice whether i required one and they said i did not so it got me kinda worried!

pmamate

Reaction score
Ah ok cool, because i did not have any and asked the nurses twice whether i required one and they said i did not so it got me kinda worried!

If I am not wrong blood test is needed for people aged 25 and above.

Mamimo

Reaction score
How long do you think the results of the medical would be out? It should be the email for the signing of the contract next right?

Also, if we start teaching in July, do you think the NiE posting would be this Dec or the year after?

Thanks!

Cesium-137

Reaction score
How long do you think the results of the medical would be out? It should be the email for the signing of the contract next right?

Also, if we start teaching in July, do you think the NiE posting would be this Dec or the year after?

Thanks!

Medical results will normally be out within 3 days , but you wont be given the copy of the results as the results will be sent directly to MOE. You will only know that you are successful when they send you the offer letter for the contract signing which will be staggered in batches. I believe you need to complete a minimum of 4 months of teaching+ pass the evaluation in order to qualify for NIE, so yes, if you start in July you should qualify for the Dec 2019 NIE intake together with the Feb batch.

Mamimo

Reaction score
thank you! Nothing left to do but pray now 😂😅

Medical results will normally be out within 3 days , but you wont be given the copy of the results as the results will be sent directly to MOE. You will only know that you are successful when they send you the offer letter for the contract signing which will be staggered in batches. I believe you need to complete a minimum of 4 months of teaching+ pass the evaluation in order to qualify for NIE, so yes, if you start in July you should qualify for the Dec 2019 NIE intake together with the Feb batch.

Nabiltan7

Reaction score
Anyone who's AOD is on the 11th of Feb has received their school posting yet? When would we be receiving it?

Thank you in advanced!

kihyunation

Reaction score
Hi! I've applied for the kindergarten teacher training programme in October 2018. I was shortlisted after the interview and even got called up for EL EPT in November. After 3 weeks, the officer called me to inform I was able to go for the stint and wait for the medical check up.

During that week ^ I received my EL EPT results, in which I failed... I emailed twice regarding the outcome but I only had the "awaiting for your EL EPT results" update. Does anyone know what this means?? I already got my results tho....

poppyave

Reaction score
Congrats! Pls share your experience here!

here's a rundown of my timeline!

5 Sept 2018: Applied for DipEd music
21 Sept 2018: Completed Annex A
29 Sept 2018: Received call about interview
19 Oct 2018: Received email with details about interview
22 Oct 2018: Interview @ MOE HQ
30 Oct 2018: EPT (music) availability check
5 Nov 2018: Email about EPT
13 Nov 2018: Music EPT @ NIE
17 Nov 2018: Status change on Careers@gov (Shortlisted)
19 Nov 2018: Call to confirm some details that was entered in the portal (not anything impt, just a quick confirmation)
22 Nov 2018: Email from VITAL for medical
26 Nov 2018: Attended medical checkup
27 Dec 2018: Received offer letter
10 Jan 2019: Appt briefing/contract signing
1 Feb 2019: Received posting results
11 Feb 2019: AOD

hope this helps!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.