Jazz 1.3 VS 1.5

CanadianSingapore

Reaction score
Happy almost CNY. Kah Motors CNY deals seem to be expiring the end of the week and I'm debating between the 1.3LX and 1.5 RS.

Price of the 1.3LX is 68,999 and seems like the most budget friendly.

What do you get for the 1.5RS except a bigger price of $82,999?
- 16" Rims that look awesome
- Nicer looking spoiler
- Keyless Entry
- Pushbutton Start (how cool)

My needs are typical of a small family of 4. 2 kids in the back wife up front. I drive to work that's about 15km away - so about 30 minutes twice a day.

I'm leaning 1.3 to be honest but reading everything hear seems like 1.5 is the way to go.

Anyone have any last minute thoughts to sway one way or the other?

Thanks!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.5RS is the way to go. The keyless entry and one button start stop matters in terms of security and resale value. Also, you will likely appreciate better horsepower especially when u are carrying full pax.

Based on specs sheet, the fuel consumption for 1.5 will be higher than 1.3, you need to factor this is as well.

Ultimately it’s not what’s best but it’s about what you need and what you want.

If 1.3 is what you’re capable and comfortably buy for; then it’s wise to follow your guts.

For me, I will personally prefer keyless entry and start stop, these are important factors when I choose which model to scout for..

Happy almost CNY. Kah Motors CNY deals seem to be expiring the end of the week and I'm debating between the 1.3LX and 1.5 RS.

- Nicer looking spoiler
- Keyless Entry

My needs are typical of a small family of 4. 2 kids in the back wife up front. I drive to work that's about 15km away - so about 30 minutes twice a day.

I'm leaning 1.3 to be honest but reading everything hear seems like 1.5 is the way to go.

Thanks!

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
why don't you get something else like a city or avante at 70+k?
atleast the boot space is better and can absorb some impact from collision compared to a hatch

CanadianSingapore

Reaction score
I was pondering the resale value with the 1.5RS vs the 1.3

Part of me thinks if I'm going to get the 1.5RS I might as well get the Vezel HR-V DX for $87,999.

Hmm.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 20k more is not worth it.
200cc difference can hardly feel it.
Bigger Rims eats into fuel consumption
Keyless entry are prone to car burglary

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Ashton

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy PI Fit 1.3, 68K with keyless entry, start/stop button, leather rims, touch screen HU.
Then just spend $2K get a set of branded 16" lightweight rims.

bigrockshow

Master Member
Reaction score
Honda Fit 1.3 petrol has keyless start stop, rear wiper, touchscreen climate control, leather seats, auto folding window amongst others, secured mine at $64k+ ( 15inch rims)

Hybrid 1.3 saves fuel, more efficient in terms of speed but that depends on your faith in hybrid tech. With a family, you are probably looking at long term maintenance cost as a factor as well

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will go for the Fit Hybrid in your case. Honda Fit Hybrid 1.5 is now around $77k. The saving in fuel over 10 years should reduce the price difference with the Honda Jazz 1.3 to possibly just $3-4k. If not, just get the Honda Fit 1.3 that costs around $63k.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But have you factored in possibility of the need for battery change? Unless your warranty is 10 years long. And you must drive alot.

CanadianSingapore

Reaction score
Fit getting lots of love. Thanks everyone. I'll need to look into a PI and see what I can negotiate this week. Cheers.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Nicer looking spoiler
- Keyless Entry

Thanks!
hmm is there a place i can see the prices ?

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u considering 1.5, u might as well consider Honda City. Got promo.

City 1.5
From $76,999^

Enjoy free upgrade to guaranteed COE*

COE price has increased but our car prices remains
- Complimentary 3 years servicing
- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty
- Discounts of up to $13,000
- Low interest rates
- Special trade-in discounts
- Attractive discounts on demo units
- Immediate registration available**

flipper_the_master

Reaction score
Was deciding over 1.5 RS or 1.3 too. The 1.5 really do look better with the RS body kit/Rim and also the keyless entry plus the digital aircon unit looks so much better. O ya. The Headlight too. DRL and LED. The 1.3 still use normal bulb and cannot be change to DRL/LED

In the end book the 1.3 due to the difference in price. Close to 15k. But now my heart still go with the RS. Guess i just need to change the body kit and rim

If you can afford the difference then got for the RS. For me i got other commitment.:s13:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
The 20k more is not worth it.
200cc difference can hardly feel it.
Bigger Rims eats into fuel consumption
Keyless entry are prone to car burglary

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

How did you get the difference of 20k?
$68999 vs $84,999 is $16000 of difference.

1.3 OMV is $15800 (approx)
1.3 depreciation is $6600

1.5 OMV is $17500 (approx)
1.5 depreciation is $7625

200cc, you sure you can hardly feel it?
have you tried both 1.3 and 1.5?

and how is keyless entry prone to car burglary?

Last edited:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Was deciding over 1.5 RS or 1.3 too. The 1.5 really do look better with the RS body kit/Rim and also the keyless entry plus the digital aircon unit looks so much better. O ya. The Headlight too. DRL and LED. The 1.3 still use normal bulb and cannot be change to DRL/LED

In the end book the 1.3 due to the difference in price. Close to 15k. But now my heart still go with the RS. Guess i just need to change the body kit and rim

If you can afford the difference then got for the RS. For me i got other commitment.:s13:

if you calculate the difference in the depreciation, you might want to go for the 1.5.
the actual value between this 2 car is $10250. but upon purchase it's $16000 difference.

Last edited:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
If u considering 1.5, u might as well consider Honda City. Got promo.

City 1.5
From $76,999^

Enjoy free upgrade to guaranteed COE*

COE price has increased but our car prices remains
- Complimentary 3 years servicing
- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty
- Discounts of up to $13,000
- Low interest rates
- Special trade-in discounts
- Attractive discounts on demo units
- Immediate registration available**

the $76999 model is pathetically basic.
the Jazz 1.5 is in it's highest spec.
therefore, you should compare City's highest end model at $82999.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Honda Fit 1.3 petrol has keyless start stop, rear wiper, touchscreen climate control, leather seats, auto folding window amongst others, secured mine at $64k+ ( 15inch rims)

Hybrid 1.3 saves fuel, more efficient in terms of speed but that depends on your faith in hybrid tech. With a family, you are probably looking at long term maintenance cost as a factor as well

Good choice.
1.3 should get the Fit over the Jazz.

btw there is no 1.3 hybird. i think you are referring to 1.5 hybrid.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good choice.
1.3 should get the Fit over the Jazz.

btw there is no 1.3 hybird. i think you are referring to 1.5 hybrid.

1.3 fit from PI does get the function such as start/stop engine start and automatic climate control aircon

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.