[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

xbfloater

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently I bought some games & top up eWallet in the SG PSN store, using a local credit card.

But when my cc bill is here, there’s a 1% conversion fee for each transaction & it’s stated HK location although currency is in SGD...

Probably this is due to fact that PSN is based in HK but how can I avoid this conversion fee that doesn’t make sense at all... TIA.

Elysium87

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently I bought some games & top up eWallet in the SG PSN store, using a local credit card.

But when my cc bill is here, there’s a 1% conversion fee for each transaction & it’s stated HK location although currency is in SGD...

Probably this is due to fact that PSN is based in HK but how can I avoid this conversion fee that doesn’t make sense at all... TIA.

Buy psn card

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
I find it very strange that the game is 3rd person but when in the hub it's 1st person. (Games like Destiny is 1st person but 3rd person in hub.) Don't know what's the point of being 1st person, and the 1st person movement in hub is so slow.

Running is disable in demo.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel like ammo quite limited in Anthem, if u are firing far away esp against boss, u wun be able to collect dropped ammo from enemies easily.

ez to run out of ammo.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Anthem demo is quite fun. The demo has very little tutorial, so have to learn by reading the tutorial text, but once I got into the game, the gameplay is good (when it works). I especially like using the Storm javelin, don't even have to use weapons, just shoot ice or fireball from one hand, call down lightning on another, easy elemental combo, the ultimate is OP too and can fire a few times per activation.

It is very buggy though. Some may say it's only a demo, but with the release date just weeks away, it doesn't give me confidence. The game blue screen on me once, and one time it blackout my ps4 (maybe overheat?), had to power on again (and wait like 10 min to do hdd check). At mission end results screens, the javelins were not shown a couple of times. After the last mission, visit the NPC, the cutscene hangs (video freezes from beginning, music continues but nothing happens), quit app, relaunch, same thing, randomly press buttons and found that can skip cutscene by holding O.

Also encountered connection issues frequently. In Destiny, when you get dropped out, you are put in 'Orbit', where you just access the map and select where you want to go. In Anthem, when you drop out, you are back at the title screen and have to wait for searching for server, loading, loading, read messages, look at the bald guy, walk through the hub, before you can attempt to launch again. This is not just a demo network issue, this is design issue, since there is no orbit/director, you can only launch from hub. Loading into game area takes a long time, and if you die and respawn, or strayed outside the mission area, you have to suffer through the long loading again (yes, even a death respawn is full loading).

Got kicked out during mission also, and the worst thing, this game doesn't register your loots unless a mission ends or you select quit mission properly. This is so stupid, if you run into connection issue or crash during mission (or during mission end), bye bye loots. Destiny saves your loot immediately and if you didn't pick up something, you can get them later from a post office NPC. But here not sure if those loot drops you didn't pick up will be registered even if you end mission properly (hard to tell cos what you picked up is not revealed during mission) and I don't think there is any post office function. (btw, after completing a story mission, cannot select to play it again or play at higher difficulty, can only do quickplay and let the game randomly choose.)

The UI design is bad (and I thot Destiny is bad already) and slow. It's also not intuitive, like how to select texture vs color (btw I encountered a bug where it seems to let me select 2 colors for the same item, I thot can set 2 tones but nope). During mission you also cannot check what you javelin is equipped with (and of cos cannot change the loadout). The vault menu (accessed via an NPC in the hub) is super super slow. (Have to mention again, movement in the hub is super slow, like you are floating around in single digit fps.) Move an item to vault or dismantle takes some 5 seconds. Again, this shows that the game has design issue in handling inventory, maybe that's why it doesn't register you loot till mission ends. (Again, Destiny handles inventory item moves instantly. You can even use mobile phone app to manage inventory while you are in the game.)

I like the game, but not keen to jump in soon. Even if all the technical issues are fixed (and design issues like inventory management and UI are fixed), it's still not clear how much contents there is - got burnt before with Destiny 1 (and Destiny 2 too) - remember, folks, this is EA. I'll just go play the demo a bit more during the beta. (Will use another account to try out the other javelins. There are 4 different types in the demo. You get the same one, Ranger, at the start. Then when you level to 12, you can pick another one. You can't pick more since the demo is capped at level 15, and you need higher than that to unlock another javelin slot.)

Last edited:

ksw101

Reaction score
Use paypal to avoid

Hi all,

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Played a bit more of the Anthem demo and find it quite a mess. Had another blue screen, 3 times when the audio cut off (had to quit app and relaunch for it to return), the javelin in the launch pad often loses the visual customization I made, post mission victory screen doesn't show any javelin, etc. And many many times when connection dropped (fought till boss of stronghold left little hp, kicked out, lost all loots; another time it put me in a team that's fighting the boss, but a gate locked me outside the arena).

While the network issues may be attributed to it being beta, it highlighted the basic design flaws, like loots earned during mission is not registered immediately and can be lost if you get network issues. It very likely is not your fault, your network is probably fine. Destiny sometimes has this problem till today, but by design, you don't lose any loot earned in Destiny. And here you get thrown back to title screen and it takes many steps before you can start mission again. Sometimes it gives you option to rejoin but had other issues, like after I rejoined, the other 3 players disappeared shortly.

Which lead me to some design issues. Like:

- When out on mission, the UI doesn't show teammate locations. They only show as blue dots at the edge of you screen when you are near. Otherwise you have to pan the camera around to look for tiny chalk outlines (very tiny if they are far). This game doesn't have mini-map, only a compass meter thing which doesn't show teammates. There is no menu page to show who's currently in the team (in Destiny you can check the roster, can at least see how many people is currently in your team, so you know whether someone got dropped from network). It also doesn't show the level of your teammates, you can't inspect what items they have equipped etc. (And button mapping for doing emote is stupid and confusing.)

- When out on mission or free roam, you can't check your current loadout (and cannot change, unlike Destiny which lets you carry 10 of each weapon class and armor items so you can hot swap in the field). It also doesn't let you check your inventory. Like I needed to farm certain materials for crafting, but when in the field, I can't check how many I have collected, so I don't know whether I had enough (it turned out I didn't have enough, there are 2 similar sounding materials and I harvested the wrong type, took 3 trips to find out).

- Enemies are very hard to spot. They are shown with a red dot (which becomes hp bar when near). But there are so many red dot UI things. HP orbs dropped by killed enemies are red. When flying there is a meter and the ends of it are red dots indicating overheat. The enemies blend in with the environment, especially the Scar type (they are mostly black), especially when they are coming out from red shimmering teleports. You just can't see them even if they are right in front of you (again, no mini-map in this game, no radar) and there's red dots every where! Playing this game really strains the eyes, I had to put on blue ray filter glasses and still I had one eye watery after playing.

- Always 'out of ammo'. Most of the time this message is wrong, it only means you magazine is out or short of ammo, you have to reload. It may also mean your second weapon (you can have 2 in the loadout and swap between them) is out of ammo, the currently equipped one is ok. Indeed, often you do actually run out of ammo. I think there is some balancing to be made to let you carry more, or get more when you pick up.

Even though it is 'just a beta', it shows me some fundamental design snafus that is impossible to change when released (Destiny had lots of design issues too and many only changed in Destiny 2, many you just have to get used to it). This is a pity, cos the core gameplay is very fun. Just not sure I am willing to drop us$60, especially when it's EA (probably some nasty surprises only to be discovered after launch and after some DLCs down the road). But then it does fit as the type of game you just mindlessly play every now and then (cos of familiarity and a fun core gameplay) when you are not in the mood to start other new game. Basically it falls into the same category as Destiny where you can waste endless hours in (so in that respect maybe us$60, plus DLCs, is worth it?).

Last edited:

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm just glad enemies jitao disappear from my screen is not my problem, saw someone's video same thing happen to him :s13:

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watched the ending of KH3 on youtube…. ***** confusing... and what? there more series coming? KH4?:eek:

the story so confusing... but ppl still play lol...

earthtk

Reaction score
watched the ending of KH3 on youtube…. ***** confusing... and what? there more series coming? KH4?:eek:

the story so confusing... but ppl still play lol...
https://youtu.be/oV2DcmIK1rU

Might help?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm just glad enemies jitao disappear from my screen is not my problem, saw someone's video same thing happen to him :s13:
Happened to me a couple of times, I think they are 'world event' types, after killing all enemies, the game still wanted me to kill more, but no more enemies spawned. One of those was supposed to be a boss that I have to kill to get a key to release some folks, but the boss is nowhere to be found. I did die during that mission and was respawned outside that mine, perhaps they didn't program the conditions properly to handle player death. Another was to kill all the skorpion creatures but I combed the area and there just isn't any more to be found. Maybe one was stuck in the map somewhere (can happen with poor path finding, actually I was stuck between two big rocks before, couldn't jump out, luckily teammates completed the mission without me). Or maybe these world events have a timer (not shown to the player) and the events just expired (but it doesn't remove the objective text).

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happened to me a couple of times, I think they are 'world event' types, after killing all enemies, the game still wanted me to kill more, but no more enemies spawned. One of those was supposed to be a boss that I have to kill to get a key to release some folks, but the boss is nowhere to be found. I did die during that mission and was respawned outside that mine, perhaps they didn't program the conditions properly to handle player death. Another was to kill all the skorpion creatures but I combed the area and there just isn't any more to be found. Maybe one was stuck in the map somewhere (can happen with poor path finding, actually I was stuck between two big rocks before, couldn't jump out, luckily teammates completed the mission without me). Or maybe these world events have a timer (not shown to the player) and the events just expired (but it doesn't remove the objective text).

quite alot of people experienced crashes during the game and they didn't get the rewards. this type of game best to wait for them to sort out all the bugs and crashes. not worth to buy day 1.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
If your PS4 doesn't have optical output, then have to use HDMI audio decoder/extractor. Basically HDMI from PS4 goes into the box, the same HDMI output from the box goes to TV, the box also has separate 5.1 channel output to speaker. Should support Dobly, DTS, LPCM etc.

Some examples (search Aliexpress for more):

HTB1Tzyosf5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaj.jpg

HTB11yZqLXXXXXXuXpXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.