Recommend me a camera

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GR 3 is not out yet, and I'm on the fence on getting a GR2 because... well like kinda a bit 'wasted' to buy a old model when a new one is coming out soon. I know, this is not the case for cameras, where people actually encourage to get an older model of a camera if budget permits. Nothing wrong with that. It's about me. lol:o

GR II is still very good, but I am like you though, knowing the new one is around the corner, I will spend more to get the latest. :o

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any good low light camera? Not too ex?

fongwk8

Reaction score
$700 with lens can only buy APS-C sized camera nia...
See if you want the Sony mirrorless A5100 (this model is quite old already).

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for low light, i need to get at least micro 4/3 ?

Last edited:

fongwk8

Reaction score
The bigger the sensor generally the better the low light.
And the bigger the sensor, the more expensive it gets.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
A6000
PowerShot G9 X Mark II

which is better?
hope to find something similar to Lx5

fongwk8

Reaction score
A6000
PowerShot G9 X Mark II

which is better?
hope to find something similar to Lx5

1) See which brand you like.
2) Go to the shop and hold both cameras, see which one you like more.
3) Look at the price, and see which one suits you better.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
look the price is rougly same.. just want to know which is value for the quality.

1) See which brand you like.
2) Go to the shop and hold both cameras, see which one you like more.
3) Look at the price, and see which one suits you better.

fongwk8

Reaction score
The Sony A6000 is an interchangeable lens camera. Get this if you want versatility, and of course, the money to purchase lens.

Whereas the Canon is a fixed-lens prosumer compact camera. Get this if you have budget constraints, and bear in mind that you'll be stuck with the same lens for the rest of the camera's lifetime.

The Sony has a much larger APS-C sized sensor, while the Canon is a 1" sensor. In theory, the bigger the sensor size, the better is the low light performance.

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ahha i tot A6000 is also 1" sensor as i saw it somewhere, now u mention. Now i know.

Thanks!

GCziGyU.jpg

The Sony A6000 is an interchangeable lens camera. Get this if you want versatility, and of course, the money to purchase lens.

Whereas the Canon is a fixed-lens prosumer compact camera. Get this if you have budget constraints, and bear in mind that you'll be stuck with the same lens for the rest of the camera's lifetime.

The Sony has a much larger APS-C sized sensor, while the Canon is a 1" sensor. In theory, the bigger the sensor size, the better is the low light performance.

Last edited:

Byfrost

Reaction score
Buy liao must come back here and announce wo

I jin headache. Now I looking at Sony A6000. :s13:

Think all the camera shop people see me also sian, keep going in ask ask ask questions end up never buy. From Fujiflim XF10 ask till XT100 ask till Canon M6 ask till M5, ask till Sony A6000 still haven't buy. :o :s13:

Lucky got a few good sales rep who are not pushy, took their time to explain my questions, and tell me relax, take your time to do your research before buying.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ah.. So you getting which? Lol

Think all the camera shop people see me also sian, keep going in ask ask ask questions end up never buy. From Fujiflim XF10 ask till XT100 ask till Canon M6 ask till M5, ask till Sony A6000 still haven't buy. :o :s13:

Lucky got a few good sales rep who are not pushy, took their time to explain my questions, and tell me relax, take your time to do your research before buying.

fongwk8

Reaction score

Ya... Really must see which one you like the most... Try holding the cameras to see which one fits your hand. A camera isn't cheap, so its important for you to buy the one you like the most, and not what others say its good.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Walao your comm money hard to earn la. Hahaha
Anyway you compare forever there is bound to be something new popping out somewhere sometime or rumours of a new release with impressive stats
Even so, i guess u will be hesitant to buy a newly released model.
A6000 is already coming to 5 years old and it’s technology is still relevant today. That speaks volumes

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.