Guide to SPF Enlistment

plzdontcrash

Reaction score
I am enlisting in the PTP batch on the 12th of feb. My cousin, who also served in the Police, said that the 8 weeks of ptp will be tough as you will have nothing to do but PT, and the trainers take this chance to tekan you.
Anyone here have ptp experience to share?
For reference i have experienced uniform group life back in ncc and had experienced some forms of tekan. Thankyou for ur replies!

Acre45

Reaction score
I am enlisting in the PTP batch on the 12th of feb. My cousin, who also served in the Police, said that the 8 weeks of ptp will be tough as you will have nothing to do but PT, and the trainers take this chance to tekan you.
For reference i have experienced uniform group life back in ncc and had experienced some forms of tekan. Thankyou for ur replies!

It will be tough at first but eventually you will get used to it and enjoy life there. Also the forms of tekan cannot be compared your ncc life. They are very creative over there. The first few weeks of ptp will be mainly pt but after that your courses and law lessons will start

Starbarks!

Reaction score

174th intake?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only do before SAF PTP and it get very creative during close door especially when you are a REC who have not even reach BMT stage.

Starbarks!

Reaction score

PTP is mainly for physical trg stage only where BPT/BMT stage is both physically & mentally demanding with lots of tekans & screwings!

quietbug

Reaction score
vocation questions

hi all, i've been looking around forums for information on the job scopes and training for certain vocations but to no avail. could anyone elaborate on what life after POP will be like for some vocations, namely NSOSO, Transcom, PCG and Police Band? thanks!

Acre45

Reaction score
hi all, i've been looking around forums for information on the job scopes and training for certain vocations but to no avail. could anyone elaborate on what life after POP will be like for some vocations, namely NSOSO, Transcom, PCG and Police Band? thanks!

Which vocations are you interested to know ? You can also ask your CM/FI about this.
NSOSO basically you are doing admin work while being able to be deployed / depends what your department wants to do with you. Transcom and PCG you do training before being deployed respectively and police band speaks for itself

Last edited:

quietbug

Reaction score
Which vocations are you interested to know ? You can also ask your CM/FI about this.
NSOSO basically you are doing admin work while being able to be deployed / depends what your department wants to do with you. Transcom and PCG you do training before being deployed respectively and police band speaks for itself

ah i see! what's the training like for Transcom and PCG though? will i still have to stay in? and how long will the training last? sorry if i'm asking too many questions hahaha

Acre45

Reaction score
ah i see! what's the training like for Transcom and PCG though? will i still have to stay in? and how long will the training last? sorry if i'm asking too many questions hahaha

Have you enlisted yet ? You will be briefed more of this within POBC

howtoroll

Reaction score

PCG 3 months residential training course at Pulau brani camp. Book out every wed and fri.
Transcom 1 month non residential training course at Geylang npc.

Acdefgh1

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about APD vocation? Kind of interested in it but we haven’t gotten our vocation briefing yet

Acre45

Reaction score
Is the height thing true? Cause the only person I know in APD is from my FI’s previous intake and he’s below average height

Lets just say not being at a certain height means you wont be able to carry certain arms that others who are taller can... thats what i heard

Acdefgh1

Reaction score
My younger bro's CM said one.. What's ur friend's height?

He’s not really a Friend just someone from a previous intake who came to talk to us right before their POP and he had gotten into APD. I’m not actually too sure of his height but he looked average to below average maybe I’m wrong

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.