E_G_G_S

Reaction score
- Your rig: Samsung Galaxy S7
- What type of usage: Music while traveling
- File format used in your source: youtube, mp3
- Genre of music you listen to: japanese
- Headphone / earphone type: in-ear headphones
- Budget: $50-$150, as cheap as possible
- Requirement: preferably with a bit of noise cancellation, can pause/skip to next song using the earphone, and also wires/cables that doesn't break too easily

Reaction score
not sure this one is good or not
BuolMKT.jpg

simple_mind

Reaction score
Recently, there's the new creative headset that is on the market boosting a 3D stereo effect. Is it worthwhile to purchase one?

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hi all, I am considering between the Sennheiser Momentum In Ear Wireless and the Sennheiser Momentum Free. My understanding is that the biggest difference is the battery life. Anyone tried both before and can tell me how different is the sound of these 2?

Also are there any other Bluetooth wireless headset that you guys would recommend?

Most important factor is sound follow by battery life.

They are both similar in sound, it's just different design. The In-Ear wireless sits around the neck comfortably, and you can wear the entire day. The Free version might slip off the neck if you are not mindful, especially when the in-line controls are bulky and weighty.

Hi All,

need some advice for headphone for the journey to work.

- Your rig: Samsung note 8
- What type of usage: music while travelling
- File format used in your source: mp3 or mp4
- Genre of music you listen to: generic
- Headphone / earphone type: Headphones
- Budget: max $150

Thanks All

Hi bros!

am new here, not lazy to research but dk **** about earphones and not a audiophile

- Your rig: Xiaomi Max 3
- What type of usage: music or light gaming
- File format used in your source: Spotify
- Genre of music you listen to: generally any
- Headphone / earphone type: earphones
- Budget: max $100
- Requirement: very durable cables

previously bought 1More earphone on promo from Stereo, gonna say it's pretty good and their cable is made of Kevlar(?)

Using the new Skullcandy crusher 360. Best basshead headphones in my opinion. Has hard sub bass thumping and yet the mids and highs are good too. After hearing this headphones, the Sony xb950bt sounds as though it doesn't have bass. The bass can be adjusted to your intensity level and it's a big upgrade from the first version crusher wireless.

The build quality is also made of metal and have soft memory foam cushions compared to the plasticky build of the first version.

Go check out YouTube reviews. All those who review it are blown away~

you can compare your headphones and earphones till the cows come home but please go to plaza singapura's Stereo Electronics on the fourth level. They offer price matching so if you find the same model on other sites which are cheaper then just show the website to the staff and they will match the price.

https://www.stereo.com.sg/

vibranze

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to get some advice/recommendation

- Your rig: OP6/Mix 2S/Laptop
- What type of usage: General purposes but mostly music
- File format used in your source: MP3, Streaming (Youtube, Netflix, etc)
- Genre of music you listen to: Pop, heavy bass song
- Headphone/earphone type: Prefer headphone but will consider earphone as well
- Other requirements (if any): Wireless (with wired with a mic as the option), ANC, Microphone (for call/conference), USB-C charging
- Budget: S$200-400

Currently, for wired earphone, I am using Yamaha HA-FXC51, for wireless, I'm using ERL true wireless earbuds but the battery life really sucks, less than 45mins and ears feel sore after usage, and for headphone, Sony MDR-XZ770BT with the issue of it's getting hot easily so can't really use it for long hours.

I'm considering WH-1000XM3 but the price is a bit on the high side, the alternative will be Galaxy Buds. I am open for other brands as well, e.g. Audio Technica, AKG, etc but don't really know how good they are compared to WH-1000XM3. Thank you.

Last edited:

chanbri

Reaction score
Sony wh1000 the mic not good for calls based on online reviews.

Bose QC35 will be better for your needs. But give it a try first.

For me I don’t like Bose ANC, I like the Sony better.

Hi,

I would like to get some advice/recommendation

- Your rig: OP6/Mix 2S/Laptop
- What type of usage: General purposes but mostly music
- File format used in your source: MP3, Streaming (Youtube, Netflix, etc)
- Genre of music you listen to: Pop, heavy bass song
- Headphone/earphone type: Prefer headphone but will consider earphone as well
- Other requirements (if any): Wireless (with wired with a mic as the option), ANC, Microphone (for call/conference), USB-C charging
- Budget: S$200-400

Currently, for wired earphone, I am using Yamaha HA-FXC51, for wireless, I'm using ERL true wireless earbuds but the battery life really sucks, less than 45mins and ears feel sore after usage, and for headphone, Sony MDR-XZ770BT with the issue of it's getting hot easily so can't really use it for long hours.

I'm considering WH-1000XM3 but the price is a bit on the high side, the alternative will be Galaxy Buds. I am open for other brands as well, e.g. Audio Technica, AKG, etc but don't really know how good they are compared to WH-1000XM3. Thank you.

fzelpie

Reaction score
Has anyone bought headphones from carousell, I intend to buy brand new but does not have warranty. Should I continue with the purchase? Any things I should look up for?

lucied

Reaction score
But that is not official and could be fake?

Yeah if they somehow managed to produce a fake that achieves identical levels of noise cancellation and sound signature within a few months then I will gladly give them my money.

theaudioguy

Reaction score
If the price don’t differ much from retail, should get it from authorized retailers. You will never know when the headphones breakdown 😂

Has anyone bought headphones from carousell, I intend to buy brand new but does not have warranty. Should I continue with the purchase? Any things I should look up for?

bill2012

Reaction score
Hi guys is there any shop in Singapore can audition and buy on the spot (have many options )? Not the cheapest but reasonable pricing is good enough and prefer portable Iem .. tks.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys is there any shop in Singapore can audition and buy on the spot (have many options )? Not the cheapest but reasonable pricing is good enough and prefer portable Iem .. tks.

Stereo, connect-it, jaben, E1 audio just to name a few.

pathfinder6

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend wired earphones with mic, and with noise cancellation for a budget of $100?

Intending to use them for webex/ conference calls, be it on the laptop, galaxy tab or android, plugging into the 3.5 mm jack.

Been using old Logitech G332 headphones for the past few months, ears feeling the heat after 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance!

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend wired earphones with mic, and with noise cancellation for a budget of $100?

Intending to use them for webex/ conference calls, be it on the laptop, galaxy tab or android, plugging into the 3.5 mm jack.

Been using old Logitech G332 headphones for the past few months, ears feeling the heat after 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance!

Not many manufacturers make earphones with noise cancellation anymore. Maybe you can consider the audio technica anc100bt, it's slightly more than $100 but there's bluetooth and a cable for wired use :s12:

pathfinder6

Reaction score
Not many manufacturers make earphones with noise cancellation anymore. Maybe you can consider the audio technica anc100bt, it's slightly more than $100 but there's bluetooth and a cable for wired use :s12:

Thanks the pendant design is quite interesting

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.