Executive Condo (EC) bubble?

fotoudavid

Reaction score
The last cheapest EC is Sol acres. The design is nice and many facilities.
Those who interested to buy already missed the boat.

EC price has raised a lot.

My friend got Sol arces... Basically can forget about using the function room etc... Too many people.

Clazav

Reaction score
Indeed price of hdb resale price contribute to ec demand. But number of ec far lower than number of hdb. Just 1% of the hdb dwellers who has the capability to upgrade regardless of whether hdb resale goes up or not is sufficient.

PostCountWarrior[+1 said:
;118912699]if hdb resale price never go up how to upgrade?

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed price of hdb resale price contribute to ec demand. But number of ec far lower than number of hdb. Just 1% of the hdb dwellers who has the capability to upgrade regardless of whether hdb resale goes up or not is sufficient.

My EC consists of many HDB upgrader. But still bring along the HDB culture along.

Lanteh

Reaction score
With $1100psf to possible $1200psf for the new EC, I can get resale private condo already lor. Nowadays EC is not so profitable like in the past. 10years from 2018 vs 10 years from 1997 got huge diff. SG's economic growth now not as high as in the past.

If you still want to wait 10 years to huat from privatisation, wait long long ah. Foreigners now rather rent HDB, and wait to get their PR then buy their own HDB coz not all foreigners coming in now very rich already. Last time SG need foreigners to get their "know-how" technology by employing them, so pay them high high. Now not so much already.

This EC developer will get greedier and greedier to test the limits of Singaporeans. Maybe in a few years time you will see them bidding the land for 700-800psf which may result in sales price of $1400-1500psf just a little under private condo.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EC is still good buys compared to condos if one is selling HDB.

From investment point of view, it is better to keep the HDB and buy a PC.

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care to clarify what you do mean by “bring along HDB culture “?

Just to name a few.

1) burning of paper money at balcony
2) littering from the windows
3) dog pee and poop at the walkway
4) playing mahjong at balcony after midnight
5) washing of dishes at car wash area (water is free)
6) stealing of slippers/shoes

:(

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
The last cheapest EC is Sol acres. The design is nice and many facilities.
Those who interested to buy already missed the boat.

EC price has raised a lot.

I also bought that place. Didn't really do any investment research. Just bought it to stay only.

Looking back, it is indeed one of the cheapest EC around, especially when compared to current developments. When I bought Sol Acres, I still considered it expensive, but on hindsight, the prices of other current developments are insane by comparison.

Don't know how come so many rich people in Singapore, or they very willing to take a huge loan.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
Just to name a few.

How can it be? Burn paper money at balcony? 😂 wash dishes at car wash bay?

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
almost 1000 psf leh.. cheap meh?

It is not cheap but you can't get a new private condominium (99 years lease) at this price anymore.

Most are selling from $1,250 psf at locations that are a bit far from amenities and MRT stations.

Scylla

Reaction score
Just to name a few.

unfortunately there are still some things that money cannot buy - such as manners, morals, intelligence and class...

soufool

Reaction score
Realistically i think the Tampines EC will launch for $1050-$1100/psf next year- which is considered pricey. In comparison, Tapestry launched at around the same price if i'm not wrong..

EC is no longer sold at a 25% discount like in the past...Do you guys think there's room for substantial appreciation in the next say, 5-10 years? Some more at a location like Tampines Ave 10

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Realistically i think the Tampines EC will launch for $1050-$1100/psf next year- which is considered pricey. In comparison, Tapestry launched at around the same price if i'm not wrong..

EC is no longer sold at a 25% discount like in the past...Do you guys think there's room for substantial appreciation in the next say, 5-10 years? Some more at a location like Tampines Ave 10

what's the point to buy EC if it is so exp?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.