Unable to setup singnet email on Outlook

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previous installation was Windows 10 and Office 2016. Have been using Outlook with Singnet email all along.

Just reinstalled Windows and gotten Office 2019. But when I tried to set up, no matter what permutation I put, it just couldn't go through.

Incoming: pop.singnet.com.sg (110)
Outgoing: mail.singnet.com.sg (25). Heck I even tried bbom-smtp.stm.com.sg

Username is abc@singnet right? Anyway I tried all... abc, abc@singnet, abc@singnet.com.sg.... all cannot.

Incoming tried "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) and "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)", both disabled, either one enabled, both enabled.

Outgoing tried "None", "SSL/TLS", "STARTTLS", "Auto" for encryption method. Check and uncheck "Require logon using SPA".

Toggle Incoming and Outgoing options also. Really is "system entry" liao. :s13:

But it always returned either:

"We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."

"We couldn't connect to the outgoing (SMTP) server. None of the authentication methods supported by Outlook are supported by your server."

or about cannot logon with the encryption method.

Tried 32bit version, tried reinstall 2016 both 32bit and 64bit... all cannot.

Tried logging in webmail, no problem.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited:

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Met with same problem
I closed outlook 2016 and open control panel (search via taskbar) > mail (outlook)> email accounts> new - then singnet setup ok!

like all setup options are presented, not like the default simplified gui...

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score
call up singtel and ask for guide if any other settings for Office 2019 Outlook.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u tried using terminal/command line to connect to e mail server?

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to clarify, the problem was not singnet pop email settings, which has not changed in yrs & yrs.

the problem was outlook's new updated simplified gui, somehow the settings dun work
bypass the simplified gui, get "old" setup gui - and it worked

arampan

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Tried calling 1688 but after going through so many number presses, they keep hanging up. I send them email and there's no reply. I can't seem to find a way to configure my OUTLOOK 365 also ! ! !

SLWH1976

Reaction score
Hi, any help on this issue? I am facing the same problem, and the solutions offered here can't seem to resolve it. Thanks!

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its the mail setup wizard thats causing the issue. you have to disable it and use the old web setup dialog boxes and you will be able to connect with no issues. I don't have the exact steps with me now but it involves going into registry and adding a key

anyway, singnet email has upgraded to IMAP, suggest you use this instead of POP for better email experience.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Met with same problem
I closed outlook 2016 and open control panel (search via taskbar) > mail (outlook)> email accounts> new - then singnet setup ok!

like all setup options are presented, not like the default simplified gui...
^ see if u can access the old setup gui / bypass new simplified gui
i just tried for outlook 2016 & windows 10, think i used manual setup but can't rem now alrdy:

9BPs36y.jpg

isurfer8888

Reaction score
Setup a Non Singtel email account

My problem initially is I can't get Outlook 2019 running when not able to setup the Singnet account

To cirumvent that, I setup a Non Singtel email account (e.g. hotmail, yahoo, goggle mail) on your outlook 2019 first, this way you can have outlook running

Then you follow the instruction as post by hlots123

Or follow here:
1. With Outlook 2019 running after installing non singtel email account
2. Click on "File" on top of menu
3. The Account Information screen will appear, select "Account Settings" and click on "Manage Profiles"
4. The "old" Mail Setup-Outlook screen appear
5. Click on "Email Accounts"
6. Click "New" to setup your Singnet account

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, anyone know how to stop outlook(2016) from deleting or removing old emails from inbox tab? Yesterday last saw still with dec 2019 emails but today only left with last email as of Jan 02 2020

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.