AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read the starting of this thread in July 2018 have $200 discount. Now cny 2019 also have $200 discount. When I was placing order after 10pm, discount changed to $250. Sweet..... Decided to order one set.

Yes, I noticed this happens on one night as well. The usual code "AMD18/ AMD19" that gives 200 bucks discount will become "SGNIGHT" that gives the 250 bucks discount.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using E585. How do we go into BIOS? I tried F1 during startup and it does not work.

You can either,
1) At start up, hit "Enter", then select F1 to go into BIOS at the selection screen, or,
2) Hold Shift and restart the PC. When the screen appears, you need to look for one that allows you to select "Troubleshoot PC" and then Boot in UEFI.

Shib

Reaction score
You can either,
1) At start up, hit "Enter", then select F1 to go into BIOS at the selection screen, or,
2) Hold Shift and restart the PC. When the screen appears, you need to look for one that allows you to select "Troubleshoot PC" and then Boot in UEFI.
And need press quickly if you are on ssd. I missed most of the time.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Point (1) does not seemed to work. Point (2) works except during boot up I must press ENTER to enter the Bios, else it does into normal boot.

You can either,

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Point (1) does not seemed to work. Point (2) works except during boot up I must press ENTER to enter the Bios, else it does into normal boot.

I see. When I shut down, I always hold Shift before I hit the shut down button. I read somewhere that if you don't do that, it goes into sort of a hibernation mode, which bypasses the BIOS screen. Not sure if this is the reason why you can't find that screen to press "Enter".

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered E485, Ryzen 5, 8GB x1, 256GB ssd, 65W ac adapter for $857.03 with SGNIGHT discount

Good buy, but I would still opt for the cheapest SSD if I choose again. I feel the SSD upgrade is quite expensive. For example, I can find a Crucial MX500 1TB SATA 3 SSD on Prime Now for 176 bucks (after 10 bucks discount).

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup. I think the difference here is the pressing of the SHIFT key during shutdown. Else during bootup the interruption message followed by ENTER option will not appear on the screen.

I see. When I shut down, I always hold Shift before I hit the shut down button. I read somewhere that if you don't do that, it goes into sort of a hibernation mode, which bypasses the BIOS screen. Not sure if this is the reason why you can't find that screen to press "Enter".

maleman

Reaction score

Good buy, but I would still opt for the cheapest SSD if I choose again. I feel the SSD upgrade is quite expensive. For example, I can find a Crucial MX500 1TB SATA 3 SSD on Prime Now for 176 bucks (after 10 bucks discount).
I agree too. I had actually initially selected the 128gb ssd. But after the extra $50 discount appeared after 10pm, I decided to just go for the 256gb and not bother having to manually upgrading it.

Sent from HMD Global NOKIA 7 PLUS using GAGT

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree too. I had actually initially selected the 128gb ssd. But after the extra $50 discount appeared after 10pm, I decided to just go for the 256gb and not bother having to manually upgrading it.

Sent from HMD Global NOKIA 7 PLUS using GAGT

I believe you will add in another slot of ram? Optimal to run dual channel for this APU because of the shared memory for CPU and GPU.

DMC_Coolie

Reaction score
hello guys, I just put in my SSD
What program would you recommend to move the OS over from the default HDD to SSD?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
If I have a new SSD I generally prefer to re-install the OS rather than cloning the OS. Your windows keys are already embedded into the BIOS. After you have re-install the OS you can then find the key and activate Windows.

The advantage is that you have a clean installation. The disadvantage is of course it is a tedious process and you need to copy the drivers over. I would try the clean install first (just for knowledge learning). If it dun work then you clone it lor. I have already used the clean install method on two machine last year alone.

I cannot recommend any cloning software as it has been a while that I clone OS liao.

:)

hello guys, I just put in my SSD
What program would you recommend to move the OS over from the default HDD to SSD?

Shib

Reaction score
I saw a few 1TB priced down. They are getting affordable.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.