Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangefighter

Master Member
Reaction score
Reality is bbfa, so can only fantasize...

Now not penging liao later midnite not tired then chut a bit for headstart.. 630 gems is no joke never achieve before yet
Can be done..
Just eerrr...no life
13-15hours daily pure driving..
Not yet include jiak meal..toilet break..

Unofficial_FAQ

Reaction score
Can be done..
Just eerrr...no life
13-15hours daily pure driving..
Not yet include jiak meal..toilet break..

For me is a bit more complicated.. I need to strike a grab/private driving balance.. past few months can make 2k+ extra a month from fetching ktv gals but sacrifice the top 2 gem tiers.. now have to try to balance back

Ambienlim

Reaction score
What’s he talking about. I own my own car leh.

有人要散风点火 :s13: :s13: :s13:

Whatever it is as long as phv drivers Don steal or break the crime, people say what they want...
Who care ... I also phv driver but I am not ashamed of myself it's a honest living.... Can sit straight and stand straight.

This tangsen nothing much better to do. ..

Littletaffy

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently semi retired and would like to do something part time while during my free times. Thinking of driving PHV but i'm driving a BMW 523i with 13L/100KM fuel consumption. Still viable to drive and earn a profit ? I'm planning to drive during peek hours about 8 hours a day. Would really appreciate some bro's genuine advise. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vincent Ng

Hi,

I'm currently semi retired and would like to do something part time while during my free times. Thinking of driving PHV but i'm driving a BMW 523i with 13L/100KM fuel consumption. Still viable to drive and earn a profit ? I'm planning to drive during peek hours about 8 hours a day. Would really appreciate some bro's genuine advise. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vincent Ng

Stop. Rent a car for a week first and try out. See if you want to subject your bmw to the harsh traffic mileage first.

I fear you may be disappointed at the end of the day.

1. Tyre replacement - bmw 17 inch?
2. Gear box risk - 10k ? ( mine stalled and I had it replaced for 2k for a jap car)
3. Fuel - are u sure 16km/L? U double check. I doubt that. My bmw was a guzzler
4. Insurance going to fk you. Commercial insurance x 2 ( if u paying $1,5k now your insurance going to pay $3k for z10)
5. Your fares expect to get fk fares 80% of the time. If you work 8 hr. Expect around $25/hr GROSS fares ( haven’t inc com) . This includes surges and all. Some hours u get $15/hr some hours you get $50/hr. Average out $25 - $30 ( emerald tier ). If you 8 hr x $20 ( NETT) = $160 x 30 = $4800 ( max) Fuel I expect $2-2.5k for bmw.
So you are left with say $2k net.
If your one component screw up, u work for free for 5 months
Don’t forget you prob need to do servicing every 2 months (10k mileage) + change filters / spark plugs/ etc. Budget $200 a month
Finally , last main issue. Unless your scrap your car, your car will have super high mileage at the end of 1 year. U want to sell your car, value drop. So likely will need to take scrap + Parf value + body value. Worth it or not?

My suggestion is rent for a week/ a month first then decide

All the best

BlancaTrueba

Reaction score
Grab gems incentives slashed liao...

260 gems from $238 to $200 zzz

Last week, I only needed 60 gems to get $48. This week, need 90 gems to get only $60. Sigh.

Difficult to get 90 gems for part timers like me unless if I drive on weekends as well.

BlancaTrueba

Reaction score
20190210-181337.jpg

Bullsh*t!! I have my own car already fully paid, driving PH for additional income and to relieve stress after work.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left 24months~ expiry.
V fast one.
So it ideal to just whack.
Not feasible to rent either.
Bruder not gg full haul isnt it, hopefully.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all bros for the information. Now I can be sure I can convert my bmw 523i 2.5L into Z10 and start the PHV job for my free time and not worry about the fuel consumption. I think base on the information by all nice bros here I can get a decent part time income driving 8-10 hours daily during peak hours. I'm happy with 3-4k income after deducting all expenses to drive and pass my time. Hope to see you guys on the road. Gd luck and safe driving for all bros here.

Unless you want to do premium. However, most of the time, the job you'll be getting is Just Grab, normal Grab car job with low fare.

Your fuel will be a killer, next is your servicing and wear and tear. Insurance will be much higher too.

Hence highly recommend is bread and butter car.

101love

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
Anyway put another note. Own car or rental car what is the difference. Even if you buy a car, you are also renting from garment for 10 years, after that renew 5/10 years or scrap. It's not as though we really own the car. Own something means you can keep it forever until you throw.

The only difference is probably own a car is cheaper than rental long run for phv.
For rental, there is no long term commitment which is the advantage. One fine day you stop phv or lose a full time job, you can get rid of car easily.
So smart choice is still rent car. If can afford of course buy a car can save some money for phv or personal use.
Anyway who care as long as rider reach destination safely most important.

Seriously, customers dont care owned or rent etc.
As long as pt A to B, paid service is all that matters

101love

Master Member
Reaction score
There's always people who got red eye. Don bother. If one to say something there is always things to say with practically everything. :s13:

Sometimes best solution is silence...
Let people say what they want. It's their stinking mouth. My mouth always stay fresh so can la ji :D

Bullsh*t!! I have my own car already fully paid, driving PH for additional income and to relieve stress after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.