Win10 cannot update since 26 Jan. Please advise.

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi computer gurus.
Need help on the update problem of my win 10. Error msg is cannot connect to update service since 26 jan and that update took approx 4 hours to complete.

No internet problem on my end. I have attached the screenshot. MS Virtual help asst is totally useless, keep asking me for error code when there is none and cannot proceed further. Sent feedback to them but still no reply.

If any of u knows how to solve it please advise. Thanks a million.

uQBSfDZ.jpg

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi computer gurus.
Need help on the update problem of my win 10. Error msg is cannot connect to update service since 26 jan and that update took approx 4 hours to complete.

No internet problem on my end. I have attached the screenshot. MS Virtual help asst is totally useless, keep asking me for error code when there is none and cannot proceed further. Sent feedback to them but still no reply.

If any of u knows how to solve it please advise. Thanks a million.

uQBSfDZ.jpg

If click on Retry/Refresh do not work then here are some of the options.

1. Free up disk space.
Do check on your storage space of the hard drive and do "Disk Clean-up" to delete/remove temp files.
This may due to major update which may require more storage space.

2. Disable anti-virus software before trying to install Updates.

Update will download and install ONE Update at a time and may take a long time, so let it run it process and check if restart is require or not.

May have to Restart as it some updates need to download &or install separately.

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If click on Retry/Refresh do not work then here are some of the options.

1. Free up disk space.
Do check on your storage space of the hard drive and do "Disk Clean-up" to delete/remove temp files.
This may due to major update which may require more storage space.

2. Disable anti-virus software before trying to install Updates.

Update will download and install ONE Update at a time and may take a long time, so let it run it process and check if restart is require or not.

May have to Restart as it some updates need to download &or install separately.
I have cleaned up my hd space but still the same. The last updates were fully ran and completed. only now cannot connect to ms services to check for new updates. Will try disable my anti virus and see if that works. thanks

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem, gud luk! :)
Thanks bro! I changed dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 now running updates. THANKS! AND THANKS EVERYONE FOR YR HELP!

PLEASE EXCUSE ME NOW, I WANT TO SCOLD MS "KKNBCCB, WAKE UP LAH!"

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.