Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miltah

Reaction score
So guys. Mostly support jp here right?hoe about Micheal trio?

I support anywhere with a well cut diamond for a decent price
Interestingly M.trio site states they are 20-40% cheaper which is hardly the case

From their site, taking their signature 1caret, G, VS1 clarity, their cheapest (without fluorescent) is $12k+ (but note this does not include gst). And based on the gia cert, dimensions n angles are just outside of super ideal cut

The comparison 1C sic from JP is 14k (gst added). An ideal cut from HOH will be cheaper. So is M.trio really cheaper?

Last edited:

Maccabi

Reaction score
I support anywhere with a well cut diamond for a decent price
Interestingly M.trio site states they are 20-40% cheaper which is hardly the case

From their site, taking their signature 1caret, G, VS1 clarity, their cheapest (without fluorescent) is $12k+ (but note this does not include gst). And based on the gia cert, dimensions n angles are just outside of super ideal cut

The comparison 1C sic from JP is 14k (gst added). An ideal cut from HOH will be cheaper. So is M.trio really cheaper?

Hoh stands for? Sorry for the noob question

Liewell

Reaction score
hello all, its my turn now to shop for a proposal ring,

i got a budget of 5k.

should my first stop be JP or HOH for this budget range.

Please help......

Miltah

Reaction score
hello all, its my turn now to shop for a proposal ring,

i got a budget of 5k.

should my first stop be JP or HOH for this budget range.

Please help......

U dun need to deliberate, if that’s where u going.. it’s the same stop
Just ask to see the JP sic beside the HOH ideal cut

Liewell

Reaction score
oh, ok i didnt noticed the address. Thanks!~

If i want to custom make, how long would it take?

if buy their design, when can I collect? - on the spot?

Trying to get hold of it before 26th Feb if possible o_O

H0cusP0cus

Reaction score
Doubt you can get it in time if want custom make. It takes around 4-6weeks as it’s handcrafted in hk

rosifiedZ

Reaction score
The sales lady that attended to me told me that my customised design will take 1 - 2 months as their workshop for ring customization and diamond setting is in Hong Kong.

Anyways, i hardly see peeps here go for the standard ring design provided by JP/HOH as the price is the same as a customised one(not including melee diamonds etc). Even special engravings such as the one i decide to do for my ring too(face of our corgi), did not cost anything extra so why not get a placeholder ring for your deadline(proposal i suppose) on the 26th? Then slowly design a ring that suits the two of you, u can even ask your S/O to chip in some ideas?

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score

So last min? You can forget about customization.....only can go for those ready made liao. Especially not V day period they rushing orders for those rushing for this week, i doubt any customization shop will rush for you, maybe those local workshop ones which may be priced higher.

So last min hard to get a good for value one...suggest u propose later or as the other suggested, buy just the diamond and use clip to propose first and then design the setting together.

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
arghhh last min hug buddha leg...

diamond clip means just the diamond itself?

Yup, i think most shops willing to give u free, its like a temporary clip that holds onto the diamond, it holds it like a real proposal ring (however meaning to say you wont be able to take the photo of your ring during the proposal day as it may look weird).

Also the ring clip sizing are probably in the bigger range, hence it may be abit loose on the finger.

XxlwAteRzlxX

Master Member
Reaction score
The sales lady that attended to me told me that my customised design will take 1 - 2 months as their workshop for ring customization and diamond setting is in Hong Kong.

Anyways, i hardly see peeps here go for the standard ring design provided by JP/HOH as the price is the same as a customised one(not including melee diamonds etc). Even special engravings such as the one i decide to do for my ring too(face of our corgi), did not cost anything extra so why not get a placeholder ring for your deadline(proposal i suppose) on the 26th? Then slowly design a ring that suits the two of you, u can even ask your S/O to chip in some ideas?

do you have a sketch of how yours is going to look like ? the engraving with face of corgi

simple_mind

Reaction score
First time finding proposal ring

Hi all,

I am drowned in the amount of information regarding all the diamonds.

I am currently looking for a ring that is around 0.3-0.4 crt with a budget of 3k. May I know where is a good place to start.

In addition, there's a sale on-going for Valentine's period. May I know if the sales is worth chasing?

Thanks.

Miltah

Reaction score

I am currently looking for a ring that is around 0.3-0.4 crt with a budget of 3k. May I know where is a good place to start.

In addition, there's a sale on-going for Valentine's period. May I know if the sales is worth chasing?

Is that budget including the ring?
Have u seen an actual 0.3c size? Would u be happy with it?
If not, perhaps you should go look ard comparing color grades from E to I and clarity grades from Vs to SI1 and decide what is your tolerance level and what you can maximise

simple_mind

Reaction score
Is that budget including the ring?
Have u seen an actual 0.3c size? Would u be happy with it?
If not, perhaps you should go look ard comparing color grades from E to I and clarity grades from Vs to SI1 and decide what is your tolerance level and what you can maximise

My gf's finger is a bit on the smaller end (around size 6), hence, after checking around, we realised that 0.3+ seems okay.

And yes, the budget includes the ring. I was thinking of getting perhaps color grade E and VS clarity.

So I am not sure if it is worth while to get it from the sales. I am not sure if those on sales are of good quality. I am currently considering Lee Hwa's (but not the desiree).

In addition, does anyone know's what exactly is the desiree series versus the normal ones carried by Lee Hwa?

H0cusP0cus

Reaction score
Go check out HOH, you should be able to get a ideal cut 0.45 E VS1/2 for $3k with ring.

The destinee is just their signature cut compared to normal round brilliance for the rest of theirs

My gf's finger is a bit on the smaller end (around size 6), hence, after checking around, we realised that 0.3+ seems okay.

And yes, the budget includes the ring. I was thinking of getting perhaps color grade E and VS clarity.

So I am not sure if it is worth while to get it from the sales. I am not sure if those on sales are of good quality. I am currently considering Lee Hwa's (but not the desiree).

In addition, does anyone know's what exactly is the desiree series versus the normal ones carried by Lee Hwa?

Miltah

Reaction score

I was there during the 50% off new year promo and I can tell you that it’s no sale.
The normal Lee Hwa is not even all guaranteed 3ex. Their top of the range is promoted as AGS000 but that’s just another grading lab. Any of the super ideal online dealers will all use AGS grading.

If u HOH, ask to see a F n G color as well

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
I was there during the 50% off new year promo and I can tell you that it’s no sale.
The normal Lee Hwa is not even all guaranteed 3ex. Their top of the range is promoted as AGS000 but that’s just another grading lab. Any of the super ideal online dealers will all use AGS grading.

If u HOH, ask to see a F n G color as well

Agree with this, head go HOH and check out ideal cut F/G color, Vs2/SI1 clarity.

Those so called 50% sales by those brand jeweller are not really sales and typically clearing off Lower quality diamonds.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.

3k can get. Can check out poh kim. Affordable price and for small fingers, 0.4c will look ok

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Sharing my JP ring :)

DzdCZc0.jpg

uRpQE3Z.jpg

8QnvuZs.jpg

kPrS2Nr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.