Refusing my current JAE course so I can try again next year?

Extremexox

Reaction score
Hi I am in need of someone who has knowledge or past experience with my situation, recently I got my polytechnic course and it's not a course that I look forward to especially since it's not the polytechnic I wanted. Since I don't really meet the cut off point appealing is out of the options. I feel like becoming a private candidate to get a better score so that I can actually go to the course and polytechnic that I want however my concern is since I already partook in the JAE program this year can I go through the process again next year? And how do I refuse my current course that was given to me since I want to retake my 'O's

FinalFrontier

Reaction score
Hi I am in need of someone who has knowledge or past experience with my situation, recently I got my polytechnic course and it's not a course that I look forward to especially since it's not the polytechnic I wanted. Since I don't really meet the cut off point appealing is out of the options. I feel like becoming a private candidate to get a better score so that I can actually go to the course and polytechnic that I want however my concern is since I already partook in the JAE program this year can I go through the process again next year? And how do I refuse my current course that was given to me since I want to retake my 'O's

Always appeal because there are others in your situation so there are people dropping out of different courses. Also, appealing depends on the poly. Some polys will entertain parents who appeal for a long time (the camp outside the principal's door approach) if the cut off isn't too far away. You can also try appealing to other (not so good) polys. If you're retaking only 1 or 2 subjects at O levels, can start the private course now while appealing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.