BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

BubbleSoap88

Reaction score
anyone have any idea on this?

you parents are bound to purchase 4km radius from your house within the first 5 years upon collection of keys of your unit.
thus change name to your sister should be fine, you may double check with HDB

Meinu96

Reaction score
As a person who live in Jurong West all these while, for 22 years,

- 17/18 storeys are the highest for any building in Jurong West, apart from the ones at Boon Lay Place, so, you can theoretically get a bird's eye view of the entire Jurong West from the highest storey of the Jurong West BTO apartments.

- The Jurong West Street 93 development (Jurong West Jewel) exceeded my expectations. The design is more aligned to the Punggol HDB flats, or Bukit Batok West flats, than any flats in Jurong West.

- I am not comfortable with the idea of having the former Jurong Fire Station training tower being reused as part of the Boon Lay BTO development. If they want to rejuvenate Boon Lay, they should rejuvenate completely, and not retain the training tower which doesn't really have any historical value; if I'm not wrong, it's not gazette as a historical monument, so why are they conserving it?

- anyway, the Boon Lay BTO colour scheme seems to purposely resemble the former Jurong Fire Station and former Boon Lay Secondary School, that used to occupy the land that the Boon Lay BTO will be developed on.

Considering most lands earmarked for residential development in Jurong West are already developed, it is very rare to have BTO developments in Jurong West.

So, if you happen to work in Jurong or Tuas area, or want a new flat in Jurong West, this is a rare opportunity to do so.

Last edited:

eurogroove

Reaction score
As a person who live in Jurong West all these while, for 22 years,

- 17/18 storeys are the highest for any building in Jurong West, apart from the ones at Boon Lay Place, so, you can theoretically get a bird's eye view of the entire Jurong West from the highest storey of the Jurong West BTO apartments.

- The Jurong West Street 93 development (Jurong West Jewel) exceeded my expectations. The design is more aligned to the Punggol HDB flats, or Bukit Batok West flats, than any flats in Jurong West.

- I am not comfortable with the idea of having the former Jurong Fire Station training tower being reused as part of the Boon Lay BTO development. If they want to rejuvenate Boon Lay, they should rejuvenate completely, and not retain the training tower which doesn't really have any historical value; if I'm not wrong, it's not gazette as a historical monument, so why are they conserving it?

- anyway, the Boon Lay BTO colour scheme seems to purposely resemble the former Jurong Fire Station and former Boon Lay Secondary School, that used to occupy the land that the Boon Lay BTO will be developed on.

Considering most lands earmarked for residential development in Jurong West are already developed, it is very rare to have BTO developments in Jurong West.

So, if you happen to work in Jurong or Tuas area, or want a new flat in Jurong West, this is a rare opportunity to do so.

To add on, I would strongly advise those "non westerner" interested applicants to go to the site to take a look yourself with the surrounding.

The blocks featured in the poster are all facing the industrial estate which is just directly opposite, behind the mrt tracks.

So the bird eye view is actually industrial view, chimneys, maybe can also see Jurong island. I'm not too sure about the chocolate smell from nearby factory although someone here mentioned it earlier on. It is also beside mrt tracks and behind RV school which one may takes some time to get used to regarding the mrt noise and perhaps, school bell noise?

Oh and the blocks beside Jln Boon Lay, take note it is a major road, mostly jammed in mornings.. Also a common sight of heavy vehicles, trucks along the road leading to industrial estate. Morning air quality not too ideal.

But the best part of it, it is near Jurong Point mall and mrt stn! Yooohooo

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah! so fast got over 100+ ppl go apply the 2-room flat at JW and SK liao. :o

heartcloud

Reaction score
Hi guys, any ways to edit my application after we have submitted? :(

No need to resubmit if you are just amending details. Just go to apply online page, scroll all the way to bottom there is a amend details link. Log in with singpass and u can amend details.

CherryChen313

Reaction score
Despite the steep prices for kallang/whampoa, the application rate is still going strong.
Looks like a lot of singaporeans very rich HAHAHA

Some people might not be serious buyers. The price is very much like clementi 5 room sbf whereby many ppl who got the q no. Withdraw before the selection dates.

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DONE! Submitted. First major milestone of my life. lol. Praying hard for good luck and good news come March. :s12:

mesmeriz3

Suspended
Reaction score
Some people might not be serious buyers. The price is very much like clementi 5 room sbf whereby many ppl who got the q no. Withdraw before the selection dates.

But like that also not right. Then what if serious buyers get lousy number or dun even get number. Then end up the units go to SBF/ROF. Sian leh!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.