Router recommendation?

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros,

I currently using Asus RT-N56 router which sometime I get poor signal in my bedroom and also when I play PS4 via wifi (not possible to LAN)

Recently I bought a mibox S to stream Netflix and YouTube on my TV. The buffer for 4k video is bad, I am currently using MR 1gb fibre plan.

Planning to upgrade my current router any recommendations as in to increase my house coverage ? Is my issue due to the "old" RT-N56 router?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros,

I currently using Asus RT-N56 router which sometime I get poor signal in my bedroom and also when I play PS4 via wifi (not possible to LAN)

Recently I bought a mibox S to stream Netflix and YouTube on my TV. The buffer for 4k video is bad, I am currently using MR 1gb fibre plan.

Planning to upgrade my current router any recommendations as in to increase my house coverage ? Is my issue due to the "old" RT-N56 router?

N56u range is very short and it’s an older model from 7 years back. Time to change to 1 with a stronger signal and faster throughput. Ur on 1gbps but your max wifi speed can only go N which is around 300mbps.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros,

Whats your budget?
Got budget get the Asus ac86u, low budget get the Linksys EA8100.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah thanks all my budget <200 if possible. Will search lazada fr Ac86/ac68 price

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he said he got poor signal, am asking him to connect 2.4G for more network stability. it's better to connect on more stable then unstable link.

as for mibox S streaming in 4K? actually i didn't answer this portion because i doubt mibox S (paper specs yes support 4K but whether h/w can make it is another story) or even netflix android apps can do 4K, do google around.

Do some research before you say. He already facing buffering issues. You still ask him to connect to 2.4, that will make it worse, how much actual throughput can he get? Lol he’s also streaming 4K.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he said he got poor signal, am asking him to connect 2.4G for more network stability. it's better to connect on more stable then unstable link.

as for mibox S streaming in 4K? actually i didn't answer this portion because i doubt mibox S (paper specs yes support 4K but whether h/w can make it is another story) or even netflix android apps can do 4K, do google around.

Paisley bros...make both of u at each other. Sorry. My fault for leaving out info

Yes previously was on 5ghz but due to low signal (even thought the router is 1 wall away and less than 5m I switch to 2.4ghz to have more “bar” signal.

Also I got fellow edmwers who pm me with their router which I will consider but pay day next week ;)

Thanks fellow bros for input.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paisley bros...make both of u at each other. Sorry. My fault for leaving out info

Yes previously was on 5ghz but due to low signal (even thought the router is 1 wall away and less than 5m I switch to 2.4ghz to have more &#147;bar&#148; signal.

Also I got fellow edmwers who pm me with their router which I will consider but pay day next week ;)

Thanks fellow bros for input.
Try not to buy used. Normally got problem then try to push their overpaid router at high price to cut lost. Not everyday u want to change a router unless got problem.

Sent from Old Man Pressing On For Retirement using GAGT

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try not to buy used. Normally got problem then try to push their overpaid router at high price to cut lost. Not everyday u want to change a router unless got problem.

Oh okay, yesbubr correct as router seldom will change as by n56 I used for maybe 6years . Won't normally change like now got issue of poor signal and new TV box to play w. Many thanks

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update, gotten a new Linksys EA8100 off carousell. Now while house covered and no dead spot, mibox S stream 4k no buffer Liao. Thanks all

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update, gotten a new Linksys EA8100 off carousell. Now while house covered and no dead spot, mibox S stream 4k no buffer Liao. Thanks all
Enjoy! :)

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try ASUS RT AC68U. Decent but quite an old model.

Wanted to but budget lor, need to control spending. Bought the EA8100 @$70 as the seller volunteer to send to my house so just hoot it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.