BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

talkonly

Reaction score
Yes no grants.. but ballot chance x 2 coz near parents

Hello, my combined income is 8,500. I am intending to apply for the matured Kallang Whampoa bto. Parents within the 4km radius.

Does this mean that I don’t get any grants at all?

Gordonator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have question. Take for example Kallang/ Whampoa BTO, the price says "From $374,000" so that price means the lowest floor? aka 2nd floor price?

What is the market rate for each storey? I heard people say 1k per storey? True?

AndRiy80

Reaction score
The grant for kallang Whampoa is only 5k right? Can we not use the grant so that once MOP can apply bto again as first timer?
Kallang mature estate no grant. Once get Bto whether u get grant or not is consider 1st timer gone liao

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

catlover24

Reaction score
For $374K, you could get a 16th floor 3-room BTO flat at Dakota back in May 2017.

Fast forward to Feb 2019, and all $374K can get you is the same BTO unit type in Boon Keng... on the 2nd floor.

Asslann

Reaction score
Does hdb do some form of filtering for impractical income levels applying for exp flats?

keroro1337

Reaction score
i have just applied for the flat with my fiancee however the status of my application keep reflects as public scheme instead of fiance/fiancee scheme. Am i doing smth wrong in the application?

Hi, first timer here.
I have finish my application too. But how did u know u are fall under public scheme? Under application status i only see :

Date Submitted
Reference No
Registration No
Mode of Sale
Build-To-Order Exercise
Flat Type Applied
Town Applied
Applicant Name(s)

bluesoundz

Reaction score
No grants for mature estate

HDB-Grant.png

BubbleSoap88

Reaction score
omg whampoa

Mature Town/ Estate
Kallang Whampoa (Kallang Breeze/Towner Crest)
3-room 192 166 0.6 5.9 0.9
4-room 663 2089 2.7 11.7 3.2

HCS_HCS

Reaction score
That’s expected :s12:

First day already 2.7x for 1st timer, i foresee it will be around 4x by end of the application.

omg whampoa

Mature Town/ Estate
Kallang Whampoa (Kallang Breeze/Towner Crest)
3-room 192 166 0.6 5.9 0.9
4-room 663 2089 2.7 11.7 3.2

Last edited:

morellonomicon

Reaction score
BTO distribution for non-elderly in mature estates

Flat type: 2-room Flexi to 5-room

Families (PPS): 30%

Families (MCPS): 30%

Other families: 35%

Hi there, anyone can help me make sense of the numbers? :)
If I’m a first timer (no PPS no MCPS) trying out for 4 room Kallang does that make me fall under the ‘Other families’ category of 35%? Does that mean I’m considered for only 35% of the total of 663 4 room units available, but will not be in competition with other second timers?

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyoneknow about this new rule: one bought resale hdb now must wait for MOP which is 5 yrs, before can apply bto. So Feb 2019 launch is affected…

HDB's reply to me on 18 Sep.

Flat owners of an HDB resale flat bought on the open market (without CPF Housing Grant) may apply to buy a flat from HDB within the 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP). However, they can only apply for a flat with Delivery Possession Date (DPD) that falls on or after the MOP of the current resale flat. The MOP starts from the completion of the purchase of the resale flat, i.e. the resale completion date. They must also meet all other eligibility conditions at the point of application.

You may continue to collect the keys to the BTO flat if it is completed earlier before the MOP of your current flat. You may then approach the Branch managing your current flat to sell it in the open market within the 5-year MOP.

AaronZzZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does hdb do some form of filtering for impractical income levels applying for exp flats?

I think at application stage very hard for them to look in-depth. Income alone not sufficient to judge whether they can afford or not.

An example would be parents top-up downpayment by 200k for them. Already win by miles even their income levels are low. lol

AndRiy80

Reaction score
I called HDB, they said fron 12 fed 2019, even who did not take grant also must wait 5 yrs before you can APPLY bto. it is ridiculous because HDB did not publish this new rule anywhere just verbally now saying, their website still not updated as of today. I am angry!
I tried b4. Within mop can apply. But when collect keys must be over mop

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

contacted

Reaction score
I called HDB, they said fron 12 fed 2019, even who did not take grant also must wait 5 yrs before you can APPLY bto. it is ridiculous because HDB did not publish this new rule anywhere just verbally now saying, their website still not updated as of today. I am angry!
This is something new, I called a few times last year and confirmed that even with a resale on hand can still apply for BTO within MOP. But of course the timing must somewhat match, after receiving the keys of the BTO must sell the resale unit within 6 months.

ctstalin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh...I always thought must complete MOP then can apply

like that i want to apply kallang bto liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.