2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon86

Reaction score
finally system is UP, will take pic when I tidy up.

All used :
Monitor Audio MR2 ( selected as it's front ported ) slight toe-in
Audiolabs 8000A ( A class ) existing 9 ( Volume @ laptop 75, Vol @ amp 8 o clock )
SDAC + O2 ( O2 for headphones ) existing
Spotify Premium
Accessories : all recycled , Belden, Kimber Kable etc.

Let it run in first.

Hi bro congrats on your new passive setup, was busy during cny period didn't saw your pm....guess you need those pads that sit below your speakers or a isolation stand to decouple your speaker from your desk will be nice enough...

haxyer

Reaction score

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

wah sounds like a superb combo.

Audiolabs 8000A

how much sia, used?

also for the foam "stands" i use them too, mine a bit small, ordered some slightly bigger pcs, seems to be quite solid, might need to tilt them up and toed in.

i also ordered some foam for the walls. hahaha, side project for fun, but haven't come.

i'm already toying with the idea of a proper amp and a seperate DAC.

Last edited:

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/

For people looking to isolate vibration/resonance of their smaller sized speakers from their table top, you can consider the ISO-PUCK from Isoacoustics.

I was quite skeptical when I bought them, not expecting them to work as well as my Iso stands. But due to a redesign of my work station, I can no longer use the stands as they bring the speakers up to a height that I cannot use.

There are other cheaper options (which are basically pieces of rubber) that I've experienced in other people's setups. but I wasn't impressed.

The ISO-PUCKS take up to 9kg each, so a minimum of 3 will take speakers that weigh up to 27kg each.

They work as well as the Iso stand, which is probably one of the best isolation tools you can buy. I'm totally satisfied with them. They work very well, are low profile (3cm height) and very well-made.

0Anhzn6.jpg

Amon86

Reaction score
http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/

For people looking to isolate vibration/resonance of their smaller sized speakers from their table top, you can consider the ISO-PUCK from Isoacoustics.

I was quite skeptical when I bought them, not expecting them to work as well as my Iso stands. But due to a redesign of my work station, I can no longer use the stands as they bring the speakers up to a height that I cannot use.

There are other cheaper options (which are basically pieces of rubber) that I've experienced in other people's setups. but I wasn't impressed.

The ISO-PUCKS take up to 9kg each, so a minimum of 3 will take speakers that weigh up to 27kg each.

They work as well as the Iso stand, which is probably one of the best isolation tools you can buy. I'm totally satisfied with them. They work very well, are low profile (3cm height) and very well-made.

0Anhzn6.jpg

I am using those 4 x isopucks on my HT's sub it decouple my sub from flooring very well actually wanna use isoacoustics gaia 3 feets but the screw they give can't fit to my sub footer so no choice

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

wah sounds like a superb combo.

Audiolabs 8000A

how much sia, used?

also for the foam "stands" i use them too, mine a bit small, ordered some slightly bigger pcs, seems to be quite solid, might need to tilt them up and toed in.

i also ordered some foam for the walls. hahaha, side project for fun, but haven't come.

i'm already toying with the idea of a proper amp and a seperate DAC.

This one Uncle give de

xuan87

Reaction score
anyone knows where can try listen to the vanatoo t0s?

wow learning about so many good small desktop speakers! this seems to be well reviewed, there is also the iloud micro monitor too which should be available at swee lee.

the vanatoo seems to be only available from the US, going to be tough to ship it back to sg.

haze_1986

Master Member
Reaction score
wow learning about so many good small desktop speakers! this seems to be well reviewed, there is also the iloud micro monitor too which should be available at swee lee.

the vanatoo seems to be only available from the US, going to be tough to ship it back to sg.
yup, think iloud is currently out of stock here. You can get from amazon prime now if warranty is not an issue though.

xuan87

Reaction score
yup, think iloud is currently out of stock here. You can get from amazon prime now if warranty is not an issue though.

Haha Amazon prime now is the bomb, free direct shipping to Sg.

Was initially planning to buy the JBL Control 2p from Amazon prime now for $287, now got choice of iloud for $353 too.

Too bad don't have Vanatoo though.

I'll pay a visit to Swee Lee, hopefully they have a demo unit that I can listen to.

xuan87

Reaction score
vanatoo price like ex leh. iloud does look good

Vanatoo's high price seems to be justified by the sound you get from it, but the bigger problem for me is still the high shipping cost to bring it to Singapore. I would have gotten this if Amazon ships them to Singapore

iloud I'll try to test at Swee Lee but from what I read online, it's really really directional, so you need them to be pointed at your ears to sound good.

haze_1986

Master Member
Reaction score
Vanatoo's high price seems to be justified by the sound you get from it, but the bigger problem for me is still the high shipping cost to bring it to Singapore. I would have gotten this if Amazon ships them to Singapore

iloud I'll try to test at Swee Lee but from what I read online, it's really really directional, so you need them to be pointed at your ears to sound good.
How about presonus eris 4.5? if space is not an issue

xuan87

Reaction score
How about presonus eris 4.5? if space is not an issue

Hmmm I doubt I can fit the 4.5... Most of the speakers I was checking out are already smaller than the Eris 3.5, though the 3.5 might barely fit.

Price looks good though, with easy availability in Sg, worth exploring.

soaresb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to audio systems so thought would be good to get some ideas before rushing out to buy. Thinking about getting a pair of bookshelves and a receiver mainly for music listening, source is streaming from Spotify. Budget is around 700-800 for everything. Looking for something reliable and fuss free. Any recommendations? I noted a number of mentions for wharfdale and q acoustic speakers but what should I pair them with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.