Question about recent downgrade and excuse ICT

kkh2526

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum and have a question regarding PES downgrade and excuse ICT.

Was previously PES B and was attached to a NSmen infantry unit as a Infantry leader (Sect comm). However, recently, I got downgraded by Medical Board to PES C9L9 permanently and the Medical Board Chairman gave me excuse ICT from Jul 2015 to Jul 2016.

Question now is that I have an upcoming High Key ICT in Oct 2015 in which SAF 100 has been issued before my downgrade and excuse. Do I still need to report and inpro on first day? Or I will have to apply for deferment through NS portal?

keroro

Reaction score
why do u want to defer. it's not like u are exempted for ict forever?
Just go for the ict and not do anything you cannot do.
most likely you might be helping out with admin stuff.
better to clear ur ict cycle asap and no need to worry about ict disruptions

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum and have a question regarding PES downgrade and excuse ICT.

Was previously PES B and was attached to a NSmen infantry unit as a Infantry leader (Sect comm). However, recently, I got downgraded by Medical Board to PES C9L9 permanently and the Medical Board Chairman gave me excuse ICT from Jul 2015 to Jul 2016.

Question now is that I have an upcoming High Key ICT in Oct 2015 in which SAF 100 has been issued before my downgrade and excuse. Do I still need to report and inpro on first day? Or I will have to apply for deferment through NS portal?

C9L9 still can do ICT.... just excused from all physical activities liao. :o

bobibobioh

Master Member
Reaction score
TS depends on whether u want to complete your ICT sooner than later. Talk to your CO and ask for advice.

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Excuse ICT means dun need to go liao, but i think u still need to report 1st day and tell the CO tell the MO and outpro on day 1

can NS Hotline and ask for unit number for clarifications, also if u have ur PC number OC number can sms them ask them to escalate to CO

Calander

Reaction score

highlight it to your unit via email or calling to the hotline (this is to protect urself).

nevertheless, my advice is do not defer from any ICT. the faster u clear your 10 ORNS, the earlier u MR. having being called back for ICT at a much later age is definitely something that many NSmen will never like it.

although u are given the excuse, at least participate for attendance if your CO allows.

kkh2526

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I have escalated the issues up to my PS and he said that he will inform my PC, OC and CO soon about it when they have their upcoming ICT meeting in Sep before this Oct's ICT.

I think after that meeting, I should be able to have an idea of whether I will be required to inpro on the first day of the ICT, or will be excused to skip it altogether.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I have escalated the issues up to my PS and he said that he will inform my PC, OC and CO soon about it when they have their upcoming ICT meeting in Sep before this Oct's ICT.

I think after that meeting, I should be able to have an idea of whether I will be required to inpro on the first day of the ICT, or will be excused to skip it altogether.
If it's me, I will go through the more formal way of deferring if I really don't want to go

xharuyuki

Reaction score
hi may i knw if they sent u a letter that u are excuse from ICT or you check at the saf e-health web

hi may i knw if they sent u a letter that u are excuse from ICT or you check at the saf e-health website to know ur excuse?

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
i have been downgrade to PES E9 due to weak heart . can i defer ICT as my heart condition causing my arm to hurt and feel weak .. means i cant carry field pack or SBO... Can i defer ICT totally?

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have been downgrade to PES E9 due to weak heart . can i defer ICT as my heart condition causing my arm to hurt and feel weak .. means i cant carry field pack or SBO... Can i defer ICT totally?

Here some hard truth

Only Pes F cannot go ICT,pes E9 can.

Last time Pes E9L9 say not suitable for all physical activities but now they change it to something

https://www.cmpb.gov.sg/web/portal/cmpb/home/before-ns/pre-enlistment-process/medical-screening-and-psychometric-test/physical-employment-standards-pes

Cannot carry heavy stuff,you need excuse heavy load.But for your info,my own experience i have a pem excuse heavy load,told my CSM,he reply say you excuse heavy load but not SBO,you can use a trolley push the sbo,helmet,ask me be thinking soldier.

Defer or not depend on what your unit culture and your CO but i guess your CO will refer you to MO and see whether your MO think you can attend the ict or not.

So my friend,advice to you,book a medical review before the start of your ict(yes some working day)in CV,bring all your medical documents and see MO and see how he can help.

Tried not to in pro during the first day of ict then see CO,must likely he will refer you to MO and you will be in no 4 with all your barang barang report sick let MO review have to wait and waste time but really it up to you lah.

take care

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can attempt to defer. Whether successful is another matter.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
Here some hard truth

Only Pes F cannot go ICT,pes E9 can.

Last time Pes E9L9 say not suitable for all physical activities but now they change it to something

https://www.cmpb.gov.sg/web/portal/...metric-test/physical-employment-standards-pes

Cannot carry heavy stuff,you need excuse heavy load.But for your info,my own experience i have a pem excuse heavy load,told my CSM,he reply say you excuse heavy load but not SBO,you can use a trolley push the sbo,helmet,ask me be thinking soldier.

Defer or not depend on what your unit culture and your CO but i guess your CO will refer you to MO and see whether your MO think you can attend the ict or not.

So my friend,advice to you,book a medical review before the start of your ict(yes some working day)in CV,bring all your medical documents and see MO and see how he can help.

Tried not to in pro during the first day of ict then see CO,must likely he will refer you to MO and you will be in no 4 with all your barang barang report sick let MO review have to wait and waste time but really it up to you lah.

take care

mine is E9..not E9L9..
the link it just says u are suitable for what type of vocation... that didnt answer what type of activities u can do.

but found this

PES E1 - Able to participate in simple observance parades and LIFE activites.

PES E9 - Unfit for any forms of physical activities; field duties/exercises.

PES E grading will be followed by the L-Code (Land Deployment Code) as follows: L9 – Able to bear firearms and protect themselves, others and property. Can be deployed in Combat Support vocations in Main Support Area, and/or Combat Service Support vocations of Brigade HQ and above.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is E9..not E9L9..
the link it just says u are suitable for what type of vocation... that didnt answer what type of activities u can do.

but found this

PES E1 - Able to participate in simple observance parades and LIFE activites.

PES E9 - Unfit for any forms of physical activities; field duties/exercises.

PES E grading will be followed by the L-Code (Land Deployment Code) as follows: L9 – Able to bear firearms and protect themselves, others and property. Can be deployed in Combat Support vocations in Main Support Area, and/or Combat Service Support vocations of Brigade HQ and above.
you E9 what vocation? need to carry field pack or SBO?

Calander

Reaction score

i supposed that u are now an NSmen. Which makes me wonder how is this even a question to you in the first place as you already had completed your NSF stint, meaning that u should had heard or encountered such similar experience.

if u believe that your medical condition does not allow u to perform as what u have said, u need to inform your MO and not asking for deferment. Do not forget that it is your responsibility to update your medical condition!

Otherwise, u can defer this time round. But what about the next? Are u going to defer again and again??

Furthermore since u said u have been downgraded due to your heart condition, means medically u are fit to perform in accordance to the PES description.

Let's not forget you are no longer at the age of an NSmen.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
you E9 what vocation? need to carry field pack or SBO?

NSF as combat vocation.

i supposed that u are now an NSmen. Which makes me wonder how is this even a question to you in the first place as you already had completed your NSF stint, meaning that u should had heard or encountered such similar experience.

if u believe that your medical condition does not allow u to perform as what u have said, u need to inform your MO and not asking for deferment. Do not forget that it is your responsibility to update your medical condition!

Otherwise, u can defer this time round. But what about the next? Are u going to defer again and again??

Furthermore since u said u have been downgraded due to your heart condition, means medically u are fit to perform in accordance to the PES description.

Let's not forget you are no longer at the age of an NSmen.

I am NSmen...I have been given PEs E ( which is excuse form all physical activities) that means i go into camp i need to carry my field pack and SBO that already is physical activity..

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NSF as combat vocation.

I am NSmen...I have been given PEs E ( which is excuse form all physical activities) that means i go into camp i need to carry my field pack and SBO that already is physical activity..
SAF not very intuitive. Unless you get excuse field pack and SBO, they may not think is physical activity.

Also if they give u excuse field pack and SBO, can still go ICT?

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
SAF not very intuitive. Unless you get excuse field pack and SBO, they may not think is physical activity.

Also if they give u excuse field pack and SBO, can still go ICT?

can Pes E defer ICT due to a specific condition like arm got pain not able to carry heavy things

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can Pes E defer ICT due to a specific condition like arm got pain not able to carry heavy things

from what i read from your posts,i feel for you lah your medical condition but you already nsman already you should know how ns works.

Already explain to you in regards on your issue of carry sbo ,helmet in camp,i 100% understand u do not wish to carry heavy stuff,same as me i also cannot carry heavy things i have slipped disc

and already pem excuse heavy load but saf rules is just like that,they will come out with stuff like asking you push trolley etc or even ask your buddies carry for you.

Excuse all physical activites is more on training part like they won't ask you to wear the sbo and helmet,chiong sua,etc.But now the new pes system,i think pes E also can be security tropper(correct me if i'm wrong)

My camp pes E9L9 even go outfield during ATEC but do admin work like helping DO but never carry heavy things and do any training,i can even tell you my camp was clementi camp.

Aiya, u nsman already,if u really don't wish to bring sbo helmet,then just don't bring lah.Just say you borrow your friend or some other excuse

like me,very year saf 100 put report camp 0730 with full battle order,i also ba long long come 0800 bring only my stay in things lol becos i know they tell me bring,i also no need to use at all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.