Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

N

Reaction score
Rm 10-RM15? Where you learnt from sia.... So far cheapest i got was RM30. Did not used CC cos of distance.
Thats what i like about sending car to JB for servicing. No hard selling, do the checks and advise accordingly. Tell you to take note of this and that. Can tahan for time being, next servicing bring your parts then change together.
You are lucky that CC not busy yesterday.

Btw in SG, based on friendship and kam cheng, labour for change EO and filter is SGD$20.

Hey, buddy thanks for your opinion, I think we have different surroundings /budget/expectation. for years I have used workshops that do the basic EO and filter for under $15 labour, yes this price is relationship price.

locally EO and filter under $50 (parts + labour) are possible at pioneer/woodlands workshop area, nearby where I stay. Sin Ming, Bukit Batok, or any workshop within 2km of inspection centres tend to be expensive. SIC

Budget shops are often at high rise workshops, high high levels where their rental is cheap and the main revenue is not from maintenance. Also possible if their shop is deep inside the industrial estate.

It is just 1 bolt to loosen and large pliers to remove the oil filter. How much for 10 mins effort? Yes, I am a cheapskate. :D I don't critique friends who spend close to $200 on "branded" quality; their money, their peace of mind.

I have the capability to do it myself too, as I am willing to go under the car, further lowering the cost to below $40 if I pick up Fully-EO from our Supermarket during a promotion.

I guess you are suggesting I got lucky that the gentlemen were free and able to diagnosis, thus my good review may be one-off.:s11: or maybe you are suggesting that this service I experienced is common in JB, nothing to rave about. :s11:

sorry- i habitually type in paragraphs, not shooting. i also realise this thread is on JB workshops, oops.

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never hear about RM10-15.....
My Car wash at DLUX already more than that.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

N

Reaction score
Never hear about RM10-15.....
My Car wash at DLUX already more than that.

on the topic of a car wash, my friends patronise 10RM car wash near Sentosa area, is there any budget wash near to Paradigm / Aeon Indah that opens till 10 plus?

I'm not particular, I just don't like a layer of greyish ash on the car every time after JB. It does not go away after heavy rain or splashing water. no problem with 1 sponge to wash the whole car etc.

I know about R&R Auto Detailer Centre Indah at 17RM+

Last edited:

weeza77

Reaction score
Not trying to be funny or what. RM10-15 labour is which year price since rarely enter JB. Last I paid this price around Taman Sentosa is between 2001~2008?...

N

Reaction score
Not trying to be funny or what. RM10-15 labour is which year price since rarely enter JB. Last I paid this price around Taman Sentosa is between 2001~2008?...

Colleagues who stay in Malaysia. Maybe price pegged to number plate? Now I'm updated.

Last edited:

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may be rm15 is jus to lift the car up. need to top up another rm15 to drain, put new filter, pour new oil, and check oil level.

some places charges > rm40. try asking some of those shops behind ksl and tmn sentosa area.

funky05

Reaction score
Colleagues who stay in Malaysia. Maybe price pegged to number plate? Now I'm updated.

You are right. When I park my car further down , and walk to workshop to ask about prices in Malay and car model etc, their price will be A.

A few mins later when I drive in with my SG plate car, they will tell me sorry I quote wrongly or this car model abit different and price will be ( A + rm20 to rm50)

I haven't gone to carclick yet. But I've been to other workshops and gotten this treatment before.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may be rm15 is jus to lift the car up. need to top up another rm15 to drain, put new filter, pour new oil, and check oil level.

some places charges > rm40. try asking some of those shops behind ksl and tmn sentosa area.

Its true. Tried one shop near KSL called SY auto. RM40 labour charge for EO and filter change. Considered cheap compared to SG so I don’t mind.

N

Reaction score

:s13: can't be helped, shops open in these areas to cater to the deeper pockets, demand for convenience, comfort, speed and lack of basic Bahasa. within 2km of CIQ, is pretty much little SGtown in Malaysia.

If one really heads to places that serve locals, I think the amenities, products and services will be below the acceptable standard for most Singaporean's tolerance.:s22:

You are right. When I park my car further down , and walk to workshop to ask about prices in Malay and car model etc, their price will be A.

A few mins later when I drive in with my SG plate car, they will tell me sorry I quote wrongly or this car model abit different and price will be ( A + rm20 to rm50)

I haven't gone to carclick yet. But I've been to other workshops and gotten this treatment before.

;) i confirmed with my friends, never quote wrongly, their car 10-15RM to unscrew an oil filter, and open 1 bolt then replace accordingly. If I go with them maybe the mechanic will give him face.:o I think easier if I buy a number plate and replace it when i'm inside JB.

when I go in with my friend everything is cheaper than quoted to the typical Singaporean. Maybe that's why my concept of prices makes you all frustrated.

example, for similar size, 1 tin of CNY cookies Singapore sell $15, my relatives bought several, RM15 each already celebrating. I went in with friend, blur blur just buy some- in bulk we bought 5RM per item...taste wise, I just said its from M'sia, guests say delicious.

Last edited:

seanboi

Reaction score
Rm 10-RM15? Where you learnt from sia.... So far cheapest i got was RM30. Did not used CC cos of distance.
Thats what i like about sending car to JB for servicing. No hard selling, do the checks and advise accordingly. Tell you to take note of this and that. Can tahan for time being, next servicing bring your parts then change together.
You are lucky that CC not busy yesterday.

Btw in SG, based on friendship and kam cheng, labour for change EO and filter is SGD$20.

10 years ago can get that price.
He was lucky CC not crowded yesterday. They are packed today.

In SG, EO and filter change can get below $15.

Last edited:

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: can't be helped, shops open in these areas to cater to the deeper pockets, demand for convenience, comfort, speed and lack of basic Bahasa. within 2km of CIQ, is pretty much little SGtown in Malaysia.

If one really heads to places that serve locals, I think the amenities, products and services will be below the acceptable standard for most Singaporean's tolerance.:s22:

;) i confirmed with my friends, never quote wrongly, their car 10-15RM to unscrew an oil filter, and open 1 bolt then replace accordingly. If I go with them maybe the mechanic will give him face.:o I think easier if I buy a number plate and replace it when i'm inside JB.

when I go in with my friend everything is cheaper than quoted to the typical Singaporean. Maybe that's why my concept of prices makes you all frustrated.

example, for similar size, 1 tin of CNY cookies Singapore sell $15, my relatives bought several, RM15 each already celebrating. I went in with friend, blur blur just buy some- in bulk we bought 5RM per item...taste wise, I just said its from M'sia, guests say delicious.

CC's pricing is very reasonable given the quality of work. my 2 cents. agree with your fr and most folks here. ah yuan is pretty good with troubleshooting and doesn't ask u to change this and that unnecessarily. been going to him for > 2 yrs now, when he was with another shop with the xmm. now no more xmm to beo liao. :(

some mech in malaysia charge you the same reasonable price for labor. and when it comes to simple things like tire rotation, they couldnt even do it properly. my friend kena recently. all 4 rims were found with scratches and deep marks near the bolts. wah he kpkb to us, very heart pain. paid a few k his 20", only < 6 months old, and all 4 rims have deep scratches and marks on them. knn.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, buddy thanks for your opinion, I think we have different surroundings /budget/expectation. for years I have used workshops that do the basic EO and filter for under $15 labour, yes this price is relationship price.

locally EO and filter under $50 (parts + labour) are possible at pioneer/woodlands workshop area, nearby where I stay. Sin Ming, Bukit Batok, or any workshop within 2km of inspection centres tend to be expensive. SIC

Budget shops are often at high rise workshops, high high levels where their rental is cheap and the main revenue is not from maintenance. Also possible if their shop is deep inside the industrial estate.

It is just 1 bolt to loosen and large pliers to remove the oil filter. How much for 10 mins effort? Yes, I am a cheapskate. :D I don't critique friends who spend close to $200 on "branded" quality; their money, their peace of mind.

I have the capability to do it myself too, as I am willing to go under the car, further lowering the cost to below $40 if I pick up Fully-EO from our Supermarket during a promotion.

I guess you are suggesting I got lucky that the gentlemen were free and able to diagnosis, thus my good review may be one-off.:s11: or maybe you are suggesting that this service I experienced is common in JB, nothing to rave about. :s11:

sorry- i habitually type in paragraphs, not shooting. i also realise this thread is on JB workshops, oops.

Good reviews of CC so far as i read from others that uses this wksp. Ya, usually when the workshop is packed with cars, they do not have time chit chat with the drivers, change parts, pays and leave.
CC way of business practice same as the wkshp i uses till current. Ya, i assumed most JB wkshp does similar lor.

N

Reaction score
Good reviews of CC so far as i read from others that uses this wksp. Ya, usually when the workshop is packed with cars, they do not have time chit chat with the drivers, change parts, pays and leave.
CC way of business practice same as the wkshp i uses till current. Ya, i assumed most JB wkshp does similar lor.

so it means, CC is not really spectacular, just that they happened to be empty. Also, their prices are transparent n closer to local price than the tourist, though not the cheapest. ok la once I see the pictures, they got no XMM, no wifi, no lounge, no team of 5-10 blur young boys, the cheapskate in me says :D lets go!

strangely they have a solid machine to do the alignment but no tyres in sight? Means must wait 30 mins for them to call in a truck from a nearby distributor?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so it means, CC is not really spectacular, just that they happened to be empty. Also, their prices are transparent n closer to local price than the tourist, though not the cheapest. ok la once I see the pictures, they got no XMM, no wifi, no lounge, no team of 5-10 blur young boys, the cheapskate in me says :D lets go!

strangely they have a solid machine to do the alignment but no tyres in sight? Means must wait 30 mins for them to call in a truck from a nearby distributor?

Did see bro done wheel alignment there. Posted photo here.
Asked CC over FB for tyre quotation before and price is abit steep compared to other tire shop for that model i looking for.
Did not used CC before so i think they may not stock up tires.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Keeping stock requires a lot of capital and this workshop is still very new

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.