Official MIO TV Thread.......

tazmic

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm currently on starhub and quite keen to switch to Singtel Mio TV. But i have a problem. I need 2 TV box, one for living rm, and one for room. The living room has a network point, but my room has no network point where i put the tv box.

Does MIO TV box comes wireless? Or is there any other options such taht i can have a 2nd box in my bedroom?

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm currently on starhub and quite keen to switch to Singtel Mio TV. But i have a problem. I need 2 TV box, one for living rm, and one for room. The living room has a network point, but my room has no network point where i put the tv box.

Does MIO TV box comes wireless? Or is there any other options such taht i can have a 2nd box in my bedroom?
Pay extra $9.90 per month for 24 months to subscribe to Singtel wireless Airties mesh. Connect first Airties wia cat6 cable to the ONR, then connect the Airties to the STB via cat6 cable.

Power up the second Airties and connect to the first Airties via wireless. Than connect the second STB to the second Airties via cat6.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When. U sign up for mio tv
Tell them to inform the tech u want lan cable to room

I did mine too
I use starhub fibre
And mio tv ane mio tv to room via lan not wifi

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, i have a technical question and hope some bros here can help me out.

Currently, i'm using ONT -> Asus AC88U (Singtel-others vLan profile) -> Singtel TV (port 4) but when i access Channel 404 and 405 to link up my netflix and HOOQ, i'm getting error after pressing "OK". I have check with Singtel representative they inform me that i can only access the 2 channels and link my account only when i use Singtel's router. This can't be done on a 3rd party router.

I have swap out my router to the provided AC Plus router and i'm able to link both my accounts. I do notice after using AC Plus router, i'm experiencing lag on my Singtel TV and sometimes, it would hang.
I also experiencing issue with my NAS unable to work as FTP mode using AC Plus router.

I hope to be able to go back to use my Asus AC88U router and will appreciate anyone can advice me if this is possible. Do drop me a PM if it's not convenience to post here. Thanks!

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far there isn’t any turnaround for this issue. You’ll have to use the singtel router for it. You might wanna use the Asus in ap mode?

Hi Guys, i have a technical question and hope some bros here can help me out.

Currently, i'm using ONT -> Asus AC88U (Singtel-others vLan profile) -> Singtel TV (port 4) but when i access Channel 404 and 405 to link up my netflix and HOOQ, i'm getting error after pressing "OK". I have check with Singtel representative they inform me that i can only access the 2 channels and link my account only when i use Singtel's router. This can't be done on a 3rd party router.

I have swap out my router to the provided AC Plus router and i'm able to link both my accounts. I do notice after using AC Plus router, i'm experiencing lag on my Singtel TV and sometimes, it would hang.
I also experiencing issue with my NAS unable to work as FTP mode using AC Plus router.

I hope to be able to go back to use my Asus AC88U router and will appreciate anyone can advice me if this is possible. Do drop me a PM if it's not convenience to post here. Thanks!

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

But if i were to set up this way:

ONT-> Asus AC88U (all ETH connect here) -> AC Plus (AP Mode, connect to Asus Port 4) -> Singtel TV, will it works?

Or i have to set :

ONT -> AC Plus -> Asus AC88U (AP Mode) -> Singtel TV.

So far there isn’t any turnaround for this issue. You’ll have to use the singtel router for it. You might wanna use the Asus in ap mode?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

s3856

Reaction score
I am currently using Starhub cable TV and fibre internet. Thinking of switch to Singet Mio Tv and remain Starhub fibre internet. How does it work if watching mio TV?

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Starhub cable TV and fibre internet. Thinking of switch to Singet Mio Tv and remain Starhub fibre internet. How does it work if watching mio TV?

Singtel will acrivate the 2nd port of your incoming fibre point. But U will end up with another ONR, with the Mio STB connecting to the ONR via cat5e.

If ur StarHub Internet is no longer under contract, signing up MIO TV with Football channels u will get 24mths free singtel Internet.

s3856

Reaction score
Singtel will acrivate the 2nd port of your incoming fibre point. But U will end up with another ONR, with the Mio STB connecting to the ONR via cat5e.

If ur StarHub Internet is no longer under contract, signing up MIO TV with Football channels u will get 24mths free singtel Internet.

I am currently no more contract with SB. But thinking of remain the internet because of the fibre internet is cheaper than ST. If get free 24 months fibre with ST , the package is how much? Thanks.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
I am currently no more contract with SB. But thinking of remain the internet because of the fibre internet is cheaper than ST. If get free 24 months fibre with ST , the package is how much? Thanks.
$65.33 for Action Value Pack (including all the Football channels) and 1G fibre internet.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi s3856,

If you'd like our sales team to contact you with offers for your consideration, do PM us with your contact no. and they can be in touch.

Thanks.

s3856

Reaction score
Hi s3856,

If you'd like our sales team to contact you with offers for your consideration, do PM us with your contact no. and they can be in touch.

Thanks.
Hi. Any special offer during the IT show on 07-10Mar19 at Suntec ? Thanks.

Dellboy

Reaction score
I can confirm this set up works if you want to connect singtel mio tv wirelessly using airties mesh + Asus router.

Big thanks to renfred. So the set up is this for anyone who wants to try.

Tp-> (optic cable) -> singtel ont -> (ethernet cable) -> Asus Router -> (ethernet cable) -> Airties mesh 1 -> (wireless) -> airties mesh 2 -> (ethernet cable) -> singtel mio tv.

1) reset all your devices ( ont, ASUS router, both airties mesh, singtel miotv)
2) turn on ont. wait for all the lights to be green
3) turn on ASUS router. Make sure Wan port is connected to ont. wait for all lights to be stable
4) connect router to computer using ethernet cable. (Can use the wifi also)
5) configure the vlan profile. Select singtel-others. This will block port 4 of ASUS router for miotv. Save settings
5) turn off both router and ont. wait about 30 seconds.
6) turn on ont. all lights to be green
7) turn on ASUS router. All lights stable
8) turn both airties mesh on and wait for both to be linked ( stable light on both device)
9) connect airties mesh 1 to port 4 of ASUS router using ethernet cable
10) wait for 30 seconds
11) connect miotv to airties mesh 2
12) wait 30 second.
13) turn on singtel tv and wait 2 mins

It should work fine. I don’t have any signal problem since last night. It’s working well. Hope it work well for everyone else who wants to do a similar setup.

Hi everyone, I’m keen to have the same setup as above. Can anyone advise a good alternative to Airties mesh? I’m not keen to pay SingTel $10 a month for a pair of Airties.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.