Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. Listen to our bros and sis her .
Dont give them a cent more and dont comm with them. Protect your nok and workplace . Tell them to be prepared for verbal harrassment.
Keep low profile.

I'm so dead... I given all the information including my office to them...

hungryllama

Reaction score
I didn't reply that person at all.. he keep calling .. is it the best way ? I mean if I blocked, they will be rage and do something else to us ?

Our law enforcement here is very strict, so they cannot do anything crazy to you without a huge risk of getting caught and severely punished.. and your amount here isn't so big that they would be willing to take that risk. The most likely scenario is that they will just rage over the phone and scare you into paying.

Even if the possibility happens that they look you up, just keep prepared and know how to respond wisely by following the tips here (e.g. in the event they splash paint or lock door). There is always a way to counter what they do.

Reaction score
Just silent ur phone... Ignore it .. dont let fear get the best of u....
Now they already know u are scared. They will harrass u more.... Just bare with it. Once u start ignoring.... Things will slowly get better.

I didn't reply that person at all.. he keep calling .. is it the best way ? I mean if I blocked, they will be rage and do something else to us ?

Dazues

Reaction score
I paid them around 3.5k sgd already. They want another 300 by today as the defer payment and 26th another 1300

Dazues

Reaction score
I'm still super fear of the calling from them. More and more unknown message to me about borrow cash and so on. He's threatening me I still don't pick up calls or reply ? They will start action and said I'll remember the rest of my life and regret that didn't pay them. Is it my fault I transfer the total 1500 that he requested and to the account,? Suddenly I transfer and make their account freezed and money stucked. So he want me re pay all my debt again.

Messup

Reaction score
I paid them around 3.5k sgd already. They want another 300 by today as the defer payment and 26th another 1300

We can assure you it will never end and you should have a feel of how they twist and turn their words. So better put a stop right now then later.

hungryllama

Reaction score
Is it because I make their account freezed ? So they really gone crazy ?

How would you be able to freeze their account? If it is frozen, it is likely because the police have found them out that they are illegal and hence the account is frozen.

Dazues

Reaction score
Really ? Do you know how much transaction or money flow in n out will causes the account freeze ?

Messup

Reaction score
Is it because I make their account freezed ? So they really gone crazy ?

Freeze or not is what they say and not your problem.

Stay calm and you will have a clearer mind. You had been promised they you can clear so many times and yet?

Or you have a few more thousands to pay them then you discover it continues?

hungryllama

Reaction score
I'm still super fear of the calling from them. More and more unknown message to me about borrow cash and so on. He's threatening me I still don't pick up calls or reply ? They will start action and said I'll remember the rest of my life and regret that didn't pay them. Is it my fault I transfer the total 1500 that he requested and to the account,? Suddenly I transfer and make their account freezed and money stucked. So he want me re pay all my debt again.

I hear you friend, understand that you are afraid. Maybe a good question to think about is, would it be helpful and beneficial to you if you are to pay every time they shout at you?

hungryllama

Reaction score
Really ? Do you know how much transaction or money flow in n out will causes the account freeze ?

It's not about the transaction amount that freezes the account. In the cases I came across, the account is frozen when there is suspected illegal activity

Dazues

Reaction score
Hmm... Understand .. mayve I'm just too afraid of them.. and yet this is because of first time and also the last time already...

Dazues

Reaction score
Because I have no clue.. I'm just too soft and maybe don't have enough guts to act ignore and block.

Dazues

Reaction score
They talk like i transfered and over the amount of 10k and account got freezed for sure, and blame me who to pay ? Me ? And threaten if don't want pay 10k then re pay debt... I so so so so done... Clueless and full of fear now...

hungryllama

Reaction score
Because I have no clue.. I'm just too soft and maybe don't have enough guts to act ignore and block.

That's okay. It's usually like this when you encounter it the first time. The anxiety and fear is valid too, and it's something you can learn how to manage with time.

hungryllama

Reaction score
They talk like i transfered and over the amount of 10k and account got freezed for sure, and blame me who to pay ? Me ? And threaten if don't want pay 10k then re pay debt... I so so so so done... Clueless and full of fear now...

Yup, this is a way they try to instil fear to extort money. It's good that you recognise it though.

Moving forward, do you know what will be helpful for you and what kind of support you would need? It's good to think about this so you can plan what to do.

Messup

Reaction score

Are you :-

- intending to file the police report?

- continue looking at what they msg you

- answer their calls?

Dazues

Reaction score
Yes I'm intended to report police. I didnt pick up their calls nor reply since yesterday after I clear the debt and they said I make their account freeze, so I need to re pay.

Dazues

Reaction score
From my last conversation with him yesterday. He warned me if I report also need to pay back these money. And also suggested me to loan money from licensed moneylender to pay them. And also I wanted to ask, not quite sure about it. They harassment me about if I report to police, I'll get depot back to Malaysia because I'm not local is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.