Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazues

Reaction score
They mentioned that even I report and inside police station also must pick up their call, they want their money that I owe them?!????!

hungryllama

Reaction score
From my last conversation with him yesterday. He warned me if I report also need to pay back these money. And also suggested me to loan money from licensed moneylender to pay them. And also I wanted to ask, not quite sure about it. They harassment me about if I report to police, I'll get depot back to Malaysia because I'm not local is it true?

It is not true that you must pay them what they demand, esp since you already paid them more than you borrowed (is that correct?). They won’t be able to take legal action against you as they are illegal. So if you can stand up against their harassment (which is also illegal), you’ll be fine.

It’s true that work pass holders cannot borrow from unlicensed moneylenders (new regulation from 2019). If the harassment gets bad, you might want to think about reporting and letting the police know that you were not aware they were illegal. Since this is a new law, the authorities might exercise more consideration on genuine cases of ignorance.

I would suggest you follow the tips here first, and don’t pick up the calls or see the msges from them. Alot of these scoldings are lies and empty threats, and it will not be good for you to react to them out of fear.

Dazues

Reaction score
Wa... how come so bad xia.. I cannot kena knock back just like this .. My parent will kill me instead of them..

Dazues

Reaction score
I've just read the new article in channelnewsasia. And it seems like if Work permit borrow will get barred and knock back to Malaysia...

Statement below :-

"When a work pass holder has been found to have borrowed from unlicensed moneylenders, MOM will inform the employer and revoke the work pass," said the ministries. "The foreign worker will then be repatriated and debarred from further employment in Singapore."

Last edited:

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Wa... how come so bad xia.. I cannot kena knock back just like this .. My parent will kill me instead of them..

just do your best to ignore them, i was in your situation, they demanded me to pay 5k when they banked in like some pitiful **** amount which i stupidly over returned by 3x

Ignore whatsapp calls

Do Not Disturb Mode to ignore any phone calls from people not on your contact list or unknown number (This helps a lot because you wont call them back or pick up their calls) From the looks of it, you have been constantly calling them back, "easy person to eat"

Put up with it for awhile, (the calls used to scare me, but after like a week, i got over it and their calls just become irritating)
2 weeks free from these ** loan scammers hope they got arrested or died in a car crash. (mine was chinese malaysian)

Most hdb areas have cctv at the void decks, try to walks those paths on your way home (just in case they really send people to stalk/disturb you on your way home)

Do not provoke them, just ignore them (You dont want to cause unnecessary problems just because you challenged their manhood, they will eventually get tired from you ignoring them)

THEY MIGHT TRY CALLING YOU BACK A FEW WEEKS LATER. so just ignore any phone calls you receive from people not in your contact (Do not disturb mode)

EDIT:
Oh yea i forgot one important point, they might send you demonstrations of what they will do to you/your property. (Just ignore it, this is singapore)
Example :
House burning
Getting kidnapped and tortured
Splashed paints

Last edited:

Dazues

Reaction score
I didn't pick up any calls and turn off mobile data since this morning, and only my laptop to access this forum. I really hope nothing turn up.. And they don't do anything **** to my landlord or me.. I damn scared.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I didn't pick up any calls and turn off mobile data since this morning, and only my laptop to access this forum. I really hope nothing turn up.. And they don't do anything **** to my landlord or me.. I damn scared.

Just set do not disturb mode -> only calls from contacts
pretty sure most of the people u receive calls from are in your contacts

Dazues

Reaction score
They have my WhatsApp/Wechat. Should I block? I afraid if I block will triggered them to be more rage and more mad.

Messup

Reaction score
They have my WhatsApp/Wechat. Should I block? I afraid if I block will triggered them to be more rage and more mad.

Bro. Sorry and to put it bluntly, sooner or later you will be in this stage.

It’s either you stop now and face it or you pay them more and be in this stage again. Your choice.

Pray that God will give you strength and protect you from them.

Dazues

Reaction score
Yes. I understand. I already stop replying or picking up calls. And also blocked unknown number / stranger call. The last place they can contact me is WhatsApp. I mean I should just block it? Or just act ignore until they no bother me I just remove them?

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. Its not a death threat.Fight your fear like a man. They are rage ?? ?
They are COWARDS
Can make phone threats. Be brave bro.
Take our bros advice.

Dazues

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for all the advise and encouragement. :| Ill just block all. And pray everything will be fine.

Messup

Reaction score
Yes. I understand. I already stop replying or picking up calls. And also blocked unknown number / stranger call. The last place they can contact me is WhatsApp. I mean I should just block it? Or just act ignore until they no bother me I just remove them?

If you think their Whatsapp msg is affecting you emotionally and mentally, then block them in Whatsapp too. (By right, once you block a number, they should not be able to contact you in any form)

But please keep the conversations and dun delete it, it may be useful in the future.

Off your blue tick function and time stamp.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
When they start calling your workplace to shame you, explain to your boss or colleagues .
Get prepared to find a new job should they dont buy your story.

Those mudder fockers want to destroy you. Be prepared.

Ok. Thanks for all the advise and encouragement. :| Ill just block all. And pray everything will be fine.

pls_help_me

Reaction score

Just block, they cant threaten you if you cant receive their threats

6916817FD76AAFF8A4B1D735EE15512A233DE10B

Dazues

Reaction score
Wa.. like that really need to prepare find new job.. Haizzz. I hate this thing seriously. FML

Messup

Reaction score
Face it bro. Nobody wanted it to be this way. Most of us here got into some form or another kind of **** from these scammers.

And we are still surviving, they feed on our fear. So never show them this and they will continue.

Try to inform your office people and NOK that you had been scammed and now they might want to squeeze more $ from you and you are trying to ignore them. Get them on your side, trust me, you will feel a lot better after letting this load off your shoulders.

Leave the rest and try not to think about it and move on, there’s really nothing you can do to stop what they “intend” to do to you but you can be prepared for what they “might” do to you.

Bite the bullet for the time being and hope all these will pass since they had already squeezed more than had given you.

I know it’s not easy, try not to think about it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.