The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lemon law still apply?

Lemon law also within reason la.

If not no one wants to run business. And as I've stressed, Breitling is fixing the watch.

8sZquUp.jpg

yeerk009

Reaction score
Charge back for the watch and you keep it?

Not simple. If I'm the credit company, with the amount involved, it won't be easy on your end. I don't think you have a case here tbh.

What is the dispute based on? Goods not as delivered or promised? They gave you a Breitling that the service centre is fixing.

No ah, charge back and of course I return it and find another watch myself.

But yeah it will be based on the product being defective during the point of delivery.

I guess there is a pretty low chance of making such a case, but i'm just uncomfortable with the fact that the watch will be to be opened up and serviced (which comes with its own set of risks as well) within such a short time frame of buying it so I'm trying to see what my options are.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No ah, charge back and of course I return it and find another watch myself.

But yeah it will be based on the product being defective during the point of delivery.

I guess there is a pretty low chance of making such a case, but i'm just uncomfortable with the fact that the watch will be to be opened up and serviced (which comes with its own set of risks as well) within such a short time frame of buying it so I'm trying to see what my options are.

Not likely can in my view, but if you really want can try. I am not fixated on the history of the watch, which is why I don't see opening it up as a big problem. There are always risks. Who knows, if it was not in service centre maybe you slam it against gravel and its scratched up worse.

Life's too short to worry so much about things you spend on, wear the watch, don't let the watch wear you. Cheers.

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Seiko Diver Steel! Quite impressive against the Tudor black bay Steel.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT
The price definitely is v impressive in comparison hahah

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sunday coming to an end
5xbhmBIl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

yunie_

Reaction score
Are you expecting its small? trend 40mm at least iirc. if true to vintage size not sure can sell
https://shop.hodinkee.com/blogs/journal/the-hamilton-khaki-field-murph
vintage size will prolly be 36mm.

tbh, most asians don't have big wrists like angmohs. our wrists are usually 6inch to 6.75inch. in this case, 40mm should be the about the max for us.

wearing bigger watches just makes our wrist look small. but ok, personal preference.

and the lug to lug for the murph watch is 52mm. I don't think many asians will be able to pull that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.