[RANT] Beware of Fanco Ceiling fan!

darkfuryex

Reaction score
Encountered a bad experience here and trying to raise awareness..

The ceiling fan i'm using is Fanco Aroma 54

Please think twice if u wanna buy Fanco Aroma 54 ceiling fans.

Their ceiling fan led lights are customized to their own type of plugs, if your LED light spoil you won't be able to DIY and change yourself!!

You will have to use their service if you want to to get the LED lighting replaced! Only they have the correct LED lighting and panel available.

You will have 2 options:
1. Lan lan suck thumb bring the stupid LED panel to their office for repair

or

2. lan lan suck thumb call them, make an appointment, and then get their people down to your house for repair. Calling their people down will cost you $25 for transport fee, $15 for labour fee, total $40 for servicing, LED panel lighting itself cost $40

Total cost $80!!! just to change their stupid LED panel which is a basic necessity in life(lighting)!!

The LED panel at my local DIY store sell the same type of LED panel @ $35 only!!! DIY change yourself..

You are locked down to their service forever like how Apple lock down iPhone users!!

Careful!! really blood sucking company, beware and avoid!!!

EDIT:
Their website does not sell just the LED panel, you can only "service" your panel

here are some of their rates:
afm4k2H.jpg

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their remote control uses radio frequency to control the fan, not the usual infrared control. Can only get remote replacement from them only..

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same problem .

My remote control totally failed in the second month.

I didn't send in the warranty card. So it's my fault.

Went to Taobao, bought the similar remote control module for $50. Installed it myself.

darkfuryex

Reaction score
Their remote control uses radio frequency to control the fan, not the usual infrared control. Can only get remote replacement from them only..

nothing to do with the remote for my case...ive tested everything...

driver is not spoilt
remote is ok

its the LED thats spoilt...took it down, check the plugs, its special type of plug which only Fanco carries... :(

LowSESBuiBui

Master Member
Reaction score
nothing to do with the remote for my case...ive tested everything...

driver is not spoilt
remote is ok

its the LED thats spoilt...took it down, check the plugs, its special type of plug which only Fanco carries...
:(

Cut the wires and connect yourself? :s11:

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
acty shld've asked before hand before purchase

surely u will have some curiosity like 'what ifs .. so & so ..'
shld the product becomes defective or turns faulty

but then agn some staffs dun even know the products tht they sells

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You think Fanco no money hire lawyer ?

Their ceiling fan led lights are customized to their own type of plugs, if your LED light spoil you won't be able to DIY and change yourself!!

You will have to use their service if you want to to get the LED lighting replaced! Only they have the correct LED lighting and panel available.

You will have 2 options:

or

2. lan lan suck thumb call them, make an appointment, and then get their people down to your house for repair. Calling their people down will cost you $25 for transport fee, $15 for labour fee, total $40 for servicing, LED panel lighting itself cost $40

Total cost $80!!! just to change their stupid LED panel which is a basic necessity in life(lighting)!!

The LED panel at my local DIY store sell the same type of LED panel @ $35 only!!! DIY change yourself..

You are locked down to their service forever like how Apple lock down iPhone users!!

EDIT:
Their website does not sell just the LED panel, you can only "service" your panel

afm4k2H.jpg

Flexamoria

Honorary Member
Reaction score

You will have 2 options:

or

EDIT:

afm4k2H.jpg

For me is quite ex for local company. Will consider kdk fan

rain_myth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lotfl.
Nobody ask u get ceiling fan with led lights leh

If u want to get.. of coz must ask hw to do replacement if light spoilt or watever parts spoilt..

u mean u dont even find out before u hoot and install?

It akin to buying low end mac.. and i cant do an upgrade to the ram.. and i scold apple for selling me a lousy mac... which is own decision in first place.

I also use fanco fan, but without the led..have been working fugging good for few yrs... and i have led install separately.

and to conclude, is ur own fault. sux thumb.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.