2009 COE Cars, Mitsubishi Lancer or Hyundai Avante?

rambo22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why Avante ??

buy Kia Cerato lah

Avante very old design and outdated liao

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He said either Avante or Lancer right? I’m sticking to the options. But if the Kia Forte can deliver the same FC as the Avante, I’ll go for that instead.

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
2009 lancer is glx or ex?
The glx is a workhorse if u don't mind a little less power for similar fc.. I had the glx for a couple of years till its end but everything interior still look decent.. And basically did not do any repairs

if coe for another 10 years maybe lancer is a better bet... The Korean cars are just into their 10th year so it hard to say how they perform after 10years and parts availability - especially if not many ppl renewing their COE

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parts availability guess is not worrying lah... Heads north to get it fix lor. Renew COE cars wont draw much attention there either.....

Marcus Rashford

Master Member
Reaction score
The glx is a workhorse if u don't mind a little less power for similar fc.. I had the glx for a couple of years till its end but everything interior still look decent.. And basically did not do any repairs

if coe for another 10 years maybe lancer is a better bet... The Korean cars are just into their 10th year so it hard to say how they perform after 10years and parts availability - especially if not many ppl renewing their COE

So, your experience is glx is a better buy than ex?

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
So, your experience is glx is a better buy than ex?

Sorry shld ve been more clear...
I only had a glx.
Mechanically the glx is v reliable pretty much like most older japanese.. I drove an ex a couple of times.. The drive is better... More power than the glx and this is comparing a manual glx to an auto ex and the ex is heavier so has a more stable feel to it..
Maintenance wise I can't comment much on ex as I nv owed it

If I may ask...why have u shortlisted these 2 cars?

xhlee87

Reaction score
I see Avante is cheaper than a 2009 COE lancer lei..

Then u are looking at the lancer ex. The glx definitely cheaper than avante.
I was considering these 2 cars 2 years back and in the end took the glx.
Glx is bare basic car vs Avante which is slightly better than bare basic.
Lancer ex is better than avante but heard the fuel consumption is not that good.
Best is to down and see yourself.
Test drive both cars as both cars are really similar which u can only feel the diff only when test drive them.

Marcus Rashford

Master Member
Reaction score
Then u are looking at the lancer ex. The glx definitely cheaper than avante.
I was considering these 2 cars 2 years back and in the end took the glx.
Glx is bare basic car vs Avante which is slightly better than bare basic.
Lancer ex is better than avante but heard the fuel consumption is not that good.
Best is to down and see yourself.
Test drive both cars as both cars are really similar which u can only feel the diff only when test drive them.

I'm familiar with driving the glx and feels that the engine is smooth, only it's bare like what you said. Never tried the Avante before, just scaeptical as usual with a Korean car.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

On paper,glx has a better power to weight ratio than ex. Much better in fact

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry shld ve been more clear...
I only had a glx.
Mechanically the glx is v reliable pretty much like most older japanese.. I drove an ex a couple of times.. The drive is better... More power than the glx and this is comparing a manual glx to an auto ex and the ex is heavier so has a more stable feel to it..
Maintenance wise I can't comment much on ex as I nv owed it

If I may ask...why have u shortlisted these 2 cars?

The glx with some nice kits can look pretty nice. The bare bones part is good for old cars as u have less issues to contend with. But i think glx uses timing belt n for used car with unpredictable mileages, one has to change to be on the safe side

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.