Ask me any questions - Part 2

luishoon

Reaction score
Which means for the itinerary, just set aside half a day (say afternoon) for Himeji will suffice? Will it be too late to go back to Osaka (eg no more train service) if we stay until it lights up at night?

from Osaka to himeiji, i took the JR super rapid train or 新快速.
Takes about an hour from osaka station or 60 plus mins as per the link below you can see the timing.

https://www.navitime.co.jp/diagram/depArrTimeList?departure=00005602&arrival=00007808&line=00000085&updown=1

my bad. the light up for this year is only in November it seems.
Me and my friend did not stay till late when we went though so we did not view the lightup.
https://japancheapo.com/events/himeji-castle-light-exhibition/

however if you stay late, there are jr trains running to 11 plus to osaka station.
but i dont think the local subway like midosuji-line or etc runs till so late.
might have but it will be very rush to catch the connecting train.

https://www.navitime.co.jp/diagram/depArrTimeList?departure=00007808&arrival=00005602&line=00000071&updown=0&hour=0&date=2019-02-18

what i would recommend is take a morning train to himeiji, walk till noon.
Have lunch there or go to kobe to have lunch. then walk walk in kobe.
theres really noting much in Himeiji except the castle in my opinion.

in kobe which i went few months back and last week, you can try taking the Kobe City loop bus.
it brings you too almost all the attractions in kobe.
like kobe port or the foreigner house etc. theres also a an pan man museum if you know what character is that. lol
theres china town in kobe if you are intrested
you can have kobe beef too if you eat beef.
I cant post pic. if you need the map about the bus, i can send to you email.
just drop me a pm. thanks

http://www.kctp.co.jp/outline/car/cityloop/

just fyi on the jr super rapid stops. I live in kyoto so I will start from kyoto.

Kyoto- takatsuki- shin osaka - osaka - amagasaki - ashiya - sannomiya - kobe - akashi- nishi akashi - kakogawa - himeiji

Last edited:

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from Osaka to himeiji, i took the JR super rapid train or 新快速.
Takes about an hour from osaka station or 60 plus mins as per the link below you can see the timing.

https://www.navitime.co.jp/diagram/depArrTimeList?departure=00005602&arrival=00007808&line=00000085&updown=1

my bad. the light up for this year is only in November it seems.
Me and my friend did not stay till late when we went though so we did not view the lightup.
https://japancheapo.com/events/himeji-castle-light-exhibition/

however if you stay late, there are jr trains running to 11 plus to osaka station.
but i dont think the local subway like midosuji-line or etc runs till so late.
might have but it will be very rush to catch the connecting train.

https://www.navitime.co.jp/diagram/depArrTimeList?departure=00007808&arrival=00005602&line=00000071&updown=0&hour=0&date=2019-02-18

what i would recommend is take a morning train to himeiji, walk till noon.
Have lunch there or go to kobe to have lunch. then walk walk in kobe.
theres really noting much in Himeiji except the castle in my opinion.

in kobe which i went few months back and last week, you can try taking the Kobe City loop bus.
it brings you too almost all the attractions in kobe.
like kobe port or the foreigner house etc. theres also a an pan man museum if you know what character is that. lol
theres china town in kobe if you are intrested
you can have kobe beef too if you eat beef.
I cant post pic. if you need the map about the bus, i can send to you email.
just drop me a pm. thanks

http://www.kctp.co.jp/outline/car/cityloop/

just fyi on the jr super rapid stops. I live in kyoto so I will start from kyoto.

Kyoto- takatsuki- shin osaka - osaka - amagasaki - ashiya - sannomiya - kobe - akashi- nishi akashi - kakogawa - himeiji

Saw the photo in your link; The light-up scene is magnificent! Too bad I'll only be there a month later (Dec)..:(

Thanks for sharing the train stops! So Kobe is along the way.. ya could jolly spend the afternoon there.. no idea what to do there except perhaps to try the world famous Kobe beef (provided it won't break my bank haha), so really appreciate your suggestions!

BTW I read that 有马 onsen is worth going, and it's located in Kobe also? Do you think we can also go there while at Kobe? I feel that it'll be a waste going all the way to Japan (in winter!) without trying out their onsen. Since you are famiilar with Kyoto, other than 有马, is that any onsen we can try out in Kyoto (if there's any)? TIA!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checking jalan.net in native japanese + google translated pages for car rental, are other smaller car rental shops other than toyota/nissan/honda direct rental trustable?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw the photo in your link; The light-up scene is magnificent! Too bad I'll only be there a month later (Dec)..:(

Thanks for sharing the train stops! So Kobe is along the way.. ya could jolly spend the afternoon there.. no idea what to do there except perhaps to try the world famous Kobe beef (provided it won't break my bank haha), so really appreciate your suggestions!

BTW I read that 有马 onsen is worth going, and it's located in Kobe also? Do you think we can also go there while at Kobe? I feel that it'll be a waste going all the way to Japan (in winter!) without trying out their onsen. Since you are famiilar with Kyoto, other than 有马, is that any onsen we can try out in Kyoto (if there's any)? TIA!

for kobe, u can have the night view of the city from mt rokko. it is known as one of the top 3 night view in japan.

i find the view of akashi kaikyo quite nice. it is a few stations from kobe city

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for kobe, u can have the night view of the city from mt rokko. it is known as one of the top 3 night view in japan.

i find the view of akashi kaikyo quite nice. it is a few stations from kobe city

Thanks for the suggestion! OK I just did a google search and saw this: https://www.rokkosan.com/en/. From info in the link, it seems there are quite a lot of things we can see/do over there (can ski even!!!). Not sure if half a day for Kobe is enough..

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Kyoto and osaka where i am currently living and working August was
Nightmare last year. Temp went as high as 39.8 for a day in Kyoto.
Many people was down with 熱中症 or heat sickness. Ambulance were over
Worked. Coming from sg i also find the heat unbearable. Imagine hot wind
Blowing at you at 39 degrees.

My advice. Bring portable fans and hydrate yourself.
I hate it when i wear suits and reach office all wet.

For typhoon last year was a record high 20 plus. The most serious
Was number 23 if i rem correctly.
Typhoon is normally sep or oct here.
Strong wind, heavy rain. Some part of my neighbours roof flew off and some part of
The glass ceiling at kyoto station dropped of.

Take cares if you plan to come during this period
I see, thanks for the info.

What about tokyo? Do u know

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If let say my flight is to KIX, what would be the best way to travel to Nagano?

Looking to revisit Osaka/Kyoto and wife is interested in Nagano..

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If let say my flight is to KIX, what would be the best way to travel to Nagano?

Looking to revisit Osaka/Kyoto and wife is interested in Nagano..

KIX -> kyoto -> nagoya -> nagano is probably the faster way, and cheapest also.
KIX -> Kyoto -> Tokyo -> Nagano is another way, but more expesive and slower.

or u can take Hokuriku Arch pass and travel up through kanazawa. cost slightly less than then nagoya route, but will take longer.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_arch.html

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KIX -> kyoto -> nagoya -> nagano is probably the faster way, and cheapest also.
KIX -> Kyoto -> Tokyo -> Nagano is another way, but more expesive and slower.

or u can take Hokuriku Arch pass and travel up through kanazawa. cost slightly less than then nagoya route, but will take longer.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_arch.html

Hmmm, thanks..

With a kid in tow, maybe skip Osaka/Kyoto..Just do a Tokyo+Nagano for autumn.

Or perhaps land in Tokyo, do trips to Nagano then shinkansen to osaka rather than straight from Nagano to Osaka.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nagoya has the new Legoland so might be worth a night stop there on the way to Nagano? You're heading to Shirakawa also?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nagoya has the new Legoland so might be worth a night stop there on the way to Nagano? You're heading to Shirakawa also?

Not firm yet this trip..

This 2 months spend many bullets on Sonos and new rig + new chair.. :s13:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reno thread has lots of poison that's why. Stay away from wahjohreno photos lol

No la..I seldom post there riao..Wanted better sound so hooted Sonos, wanted small rig do custom a small one place on desktop, sit plastic chairs for 2+ years so wife say get a proper chair.. :s13:

Then wife suddenly msg me just now say should go Nagano then Autumn nicer(Rather than Xmas or Sakura) then say tonight discuss.. :s22:

Reaction score
Narita to Shinjuku Sanchome

Hi. I would like to get from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Sanchome (accommodation) on a weekday. My flight arrives around 2.20pm.

I initially wanted to take the Narita Sky Access from NRT to Higashi-Nihombashi, then change to the Shinjuku Line on Bakuro Yokoyama to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I think it was less than 2k yen. But when I checked the timetable of weekday, The only train that goes on the route towards Haneda Airport and stopping at Higashi-Nihombashi is 1524hrs. Assuming I can’t make it for that one, how else should I go?

The next train that ends at Misakiguchi departs at 1604hrs. would it also get me to Higashi-Nihombashi?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No la..I seldom post there riao..Wanted better sound so hooted Sonos, wanted small rig do custom a small one place on desktop, sit plastic chairs for 2+ years so wife say get a proper chair.. :s13:

Then wife suddenly msg me just now say should go Nagano then Autumn nicer(Rather than Xmas or Sakura) then say tonight discuss.. :s22:

Nagano koyo will start earlier I suppose. I am saving it for my next autumn/winter trip.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I would like to get from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Sanchome (accommodation) on a weekday. My flight arrives around 2.20pm.

I initially wanted to take the Narita Sky Access from NRT to Higashi-Nihombashi, then change to the Shinjuku Line on Bakuro Yokoyama to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I think it was less than 2k yen. But when I checked the timetable of weekday, The only train that goes on the route towards Haneda Airport and stopping at Higashi-Nihombashi is 1524hrs. Assuming I can’t make it for that one, how else should I go?

The next train that ends at Misakiguchi departs at 1604hrs. would it also get me to Higashi-Nihombashi?

I usually recommend bus limousine instead. It stops at Shinjuku bus terminal which is very central and can reach Shinjuku sanchome station in about 5-8mins walk.

luishoon

Reaction score

Hi there are different grades of kobe beefs so no worries. Yeah you can go
有馬温泉but via train is a bit ma fan as you need to change 3 to 4 trains.
https://route.ekitan.com/norikae/NorikaeSearch?AN=&TP=&CV=&TU1=&TU2=&TU3=&EP=&AIR=&RP=&PN=&DC=&SFNAME=%8EO%83m%8B%7B%28%82i%82q%29&SFCODE=5347&STNAME=%97L%94n%89%B7%90%F2&STCODE=4852&SV1NAME=&SV1CODE=&MONTH=201902&DAY=19&HOUR=20&MIN=10&SR=0&btn_search.x=81&btn_search.y=18

You can take bus too though. We drove there last time. There are 2 famous type of onsen. Gold and silver onsen. I will not say much for you to try and feel haha. Gold is the soil colour like and silver is the transparent one.
The bus link is below.
https://www.hankyubus.co.jp/rosen/pole/1175.html

If you really like onsen, theres another one in 城崎温泉。i bought a pass that allows me to go different onsen house within a day. However its a bit far though. If you are intrested let me know. I can put the link.
Cheers!

Just fyi since you like onsen. i just went to 指宿温泉in 鹿児島。the sand onsen is amazing!
I strongly recommend. One of the best of all the different onsen that I been too!

Last edited:

luishoon

Reaction score
I see, thanks for the info.

What about tokyo? Do u know

Sorry not sure about Tokyo as am living in Kyoto.however also very hot.
If i remember was 38 last year?
It made them think to change marathon for olympic to an earlier timing if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

luishoon

Reaction score
Nagano koyo will start earlier I suppose. I am saving it for my next autumn/winter trip.

I can only say nagano is one of the place I love the most in Japan even though
I am living in Kyoto.
Many natural parks and superb scenery!
You should go 上高地 if you have time!
I been 5 times and i still love there. The view is simply breathtaking

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.