Wireless IP Camera thread

nightkids86

Reaction score
Recently bought 2 camera (PT714 & PT716), but now it does not come with the L shaped adjustable bracket anymore.

Anyone know where can I get those bracket ?

Dave27

Reaction score
Recently bought 2 camera (PT714 & PT716), but now it does not come with the L shaped adjustable bracket anymore.

Anyone know where can I get those bracket ?

The 714 and 716 uses the small round black knob provided in the box to mount the cameras.

iichigoz

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can recommend me an ip cam? I need it to be placed on the table to monitor my pet.

Reaction score
Just want to know, how many of you are paid to post reviews for this sineoji, seems to be OVERLY positive reviews and seems to be the ONLY camera talked about at all.

Are there other recommendations? or is this really the most multipurpose brand out there?

that said can someone recommend me a pair of cameras under 150?
doesnt need to be wall mounted table top will make me happy

Dave27

Reaction score
Sineoji cameras default onvif port is 8080, can this onvif port be edited ?

If I have 3 sineoji cameras, must I assign each camera to different onvif port or all of it to the port 8080 ?

Hot2002

Reaction score
Hi,
My SingTel router only supports DynDNS which is quite ex. The mio tv box is connected to the router as well, so it’s tricky to replace the router. Any suggestions ? Thanks !

goodwin

Reaction score
Hi,
My SingTel router only supports DynDNS which is quite ex. The mio tv box is connected to the router as well, so it’s tricky to replace the router. Any suggestions ? Thanks !

You can still use your Mio TV box with an Asus router. With an Asus router, there is a free ddns which you can register. Which ipcam are you trying to configure with the ddns ?

https://www.asus.com/sg/support/FAQ/1034975/#

goodwin

Reaction score
Sineoji cameras default onvif port is 8080, can this onvif port be edited ?

If I have 3 sineoji cameras, must I assign each camera to different onvif port or all of it to the port 8080 ?

Unlike port forwarding where each device (cam) has a dedicated port number, you can share the the same onvif port 8080 across your 3 cams.

earthlink

Reaction score
I want to mount to the wall not ceiling. So the bracket does not provide me the good angle when pan the camera.

Ceiling mount and wall mount, in terms of aesthetic looks, ceiling mount looks neater ? but panning the camera, both should be same though.

51390228_1441182366018653_3931533571503685632_n.jpg

PT714V or PT716V ?

46486204_1378893038914253_6374742322176851968_n.jpg

PT713V ?

AcEz874

Reaction score
Just want to know, how many of you are paid to post reviews for this sineoji, seems to be OVERLY positive reviews and seems to be the ONLY camera talked about at all.

Are there other recommendations? or is this really the most multipurpose brand out there?

No one is paid to post reviews for Sineoji here, we bought the Sineoji camera and tested it with our own money, we reviewed and feedback here so that people know how effective and good it is, there are many brands but i can tell you that Sineoji is one of the best i've use.

Sineoji can be place on table too, i'm currently using 3 sineoji cams and it's serving me very well, no harm giving it a try and Dean is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy :D

signedupnew

Reaction score
The camera is good and the app that came with it is good. Bought the camera recently online and requested for installation(dec promo and it came with free installation). The first red flag was the delivery fee. I opted for installation and I don't understand why I had to pay an extra fee for them to deliver the camera to me. I am aware that it clearly stated that there's a special fee for delivery but I never understood the logic. I went down to sim lim and collected it myself.

The second red flag was the extra charge for the power cable extension. It was around $12(I can't really recall). It was also stated that there was a fee for it on the website and I clarified it via their facebook and they told me it was $12 and I said okay no issues. The wait was a month (totally understandable since many people ordered it) and on the installation day they came to my house and knocked on the door but no one opened the door and this was my fault as my dad was sleeping and didn't wake up. They tried to contact me but I was having a meeting and my phone was at airplane mode. This was my fault. I tried to contact them to reschedule they said they would charge me an extra $20-$30(?).

I denied to pay for rescheduling and apologised to them for coming down for no reason. I bought the power extension cable from lazada for $6 and installed myself(wall mounted) within 10 minutes.
All in all, I won't patronize it like the others over here. I believe this shop in sim lim will try to milk out as much money from you. The camera is good and I would recommend you to buy from challenger or go down to sim lim yourself and get it. As for the power extension cable, you can just search it in aliexpress or lazada , "dc power cable micro usb","wifi ip camera dc cable". There are many dc power cables and my camera uses the 3.5mm size.

monfrisco

Reaction score
Hi Bro, thanks for highlighting your concerns. When you order online with delivery service, your cameras will be delivered by a courier service to your doorstep and this are paid to the courier service. Usually it takes 2 to 4 days to reach you. That's the reason why you are paying for the delivery service to the courier service. However , if you self collect, then is free. Installers are not courier service, they basically come over and do the necessary mounting and installation and off they go to the next appointment.

At that point of time, should you wish to reschedule your installation appointment, you may do so before they come over. There will be no charges at all.. however, the moment they are at your doorstep which they have made a journey there and no one is answering at the door, they have wasted a trip especially you are residing in Jurong West. They have to make a subsequent trip again for which the transportation charges applies.

As you know the installation schedule is very full, many customers are on the wait list and we cannot afford to have several customers with no show the moment when they arrive at your doorstep as this could have been given to the next customer on the wait list for the installation. However, if you reschedule your appointment a day prior to the installation date, then this transportation charges will not be applicable.

Hope this clarifies.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Have not heard of sineonji until I came across this thread.

Yi camera 1080p - each unit is 60 and a pair would be 120 on Lazada
They also have yi dome which looks like the sineonji posted here. Try to look for international version rather than China sets - firmware upgradable and lag free.

I have personally tried several other cameras by far I think the best are:

Wyze cam, wyze pan camera (wired cameras)
Blink xt outdoor (truly wireless and good battery life - claim to last up till 2 years, my one is still running about 6-8 months into it)

I wouldn’t recommend: nest arlo (difficult to set up account, gets awhile to view the camera, runs hot and expensive)

ck_ian69

Reaction score
Hi guys I need some help on IP camera and total novice here
I want to get Sineoji based on the positive reviews here. And at 129-159 I find price reasonable also. I know the camera has SD card slot and records directly to it. Based on this recording feature, will it affect my internet in any way? I presume recording to SD will be seamless and localised and does not use any network resources at all. Only when u choose to view footage over wifi does it consume your bandwidth. Am I correct to say this?

Secondly, how is the night recording function of VT716? This is the model I have shortlisted. Will footage be blurry or pixelated at night?

Thank you

vvaness40

Reaction score
Hi guys I need some help on IP camera and total novice here
I want to get Sineoji based on the positive reviews here. And at 129-159 I find price reasonable also. I know the camera has SD card slot and records directly to it. Based on this recording feature, will it affect my internet in any way? I presume recording to SD will be seamless and localised and does not use any network resources at all. Only when u choose to view footage over wifi does it consume your bandwidth. Am I correct to say this?

Secondly, how is the night recording function of VT716? This is the model I have shortlisted. Will footage be blurry or pixelated at night?

Thank you

While the camera is locally recording to the microsd card inserted into the camera, it does not consume your network resources. Only when you viewed via the app to playback the history of the recording , then it takes up the bandwidth.

Here is a screenshot of the 716v in night vision mode taken from Sineoji .

FB-IMG-1550527118065.jpg

ck_ian69

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Anyone able to provide contact of a reliable electrician. Tried 3 contacts in carousell and 2 didn’t reply while 1 didn’t want the job. Maybe extension of wiring point too small value for them

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.