SUSS Part Time 2019/01

khairulain

Reaction score
SUSS t-shirts

Hi fellow SUSS students!

I am quite envious of other universities when I see their students/alumni wearing t-shirts with their school name on them. So, I was wondering if any of you would love to have our own unofficial school t-shirts? I have a few designs in mind but if I'm the only one wearing them then it's not much of a "school t-shirt", is it?

Do let me know if you like the idea!

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Our school not satki like NUS hahaha so no t-shirt to show off school pride HAAHAH . But wow I like your enthusiasm bro 👍🏼

Hi fellow SUSS students!

I am quite envious of other universities when I see their students/alumni wearing t-shirts with their school name on them. So, I was wondering if any of you would love to have our own unofficial school t-shirts? I have a few designs in mind but if I'm the only one wearing them then it's not much of a "school t-shirt", is it?

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Actually I realise UniSIM welfare Better compared to SUSS. They offer more extra courses u like resume writing, photoshop etc

Morrsmorrdre

Reaction score
Hi fellow SUSS students!

If you really want more traffic showcasing the SUSS name, you should propose to the school and suggest they give it out during orientations and have it for sale

Namida_rei

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow sch mates, just to check. For the 2019/1 intake, theybonly have 3 suss core ?? That is super boring? The previous ucore has things like western painting. So they are not offering to current batch?

Apple Jack

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi fellow sch mates, just to check. For the 2019/1 intake, theybonly have 3 suss core ?? That is super boring? The previous ucore has things like western painting. So they are not offering to current batch?
Nope :( only the 3 to complete

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score

ya dont have.u all first batch lol so that everyone take same thing.

Namida_rei

Master Member
Reaction score
Wahhhh..heng ar..hahhaa! Sorry to hijack this thread. I am actually from the 2018/7 intake.
No wonder I heard so many ppl complain at the simi why do good and the space people module. I will sure zzz. So i am the last batch to enjoy nonsense modules like western painting, music appreciation. Lol!

Okay.. everyone have fun in sch!

anvily

Reaction score

Yes, the 2019/01 intake will take the 3 UCORE modules. Personally, I enjoy the "Why Do Good?" module and am looking forward to the other 2 in the upcoming terms. These modules require a general understanding and awareness of philosophy, moral, technology, economics and more. Essentially, the more general knowledge you have, the better you will perform and readily grasp these concepts.

Where I see other students struggle, is largely due to them possessing a narrow view and understanding of general matters, unable to extrapolate and bridge varying perspectives and ideas.

You can opt to take different modules outside of your major/minor with the 10 Cu General Elective basket. Fancy 4 modules at 2.5 Cu? Or 2 at 5 Cu each? Go wild! :D

orinyori

Reaction score
Yes, the 2019/01 intake will take the 3 UCORE modules. Personally, I enjoy the "Why Do Good?" module and am looking forward to the other 2 in the upcoming terms. These modules require a general understanding and awareness of philosophy, moral, technology, economics and more. Essentially, the more general knowledge you have, the better you will perform and readily grasp these concepts.

Where I see other students struggle, is largely due to them possessing a narrow view and understanding of general matters, unable to extrapolate and bridge varying perspectives and ideas.

You can opt to take different modules outside of your major/minor with the 10 Cu General Elective basket. Fancy 4 modules at 2.5 Cu? Or 2 at 5 Cu each? Go wild! :D

I'm from an earlier semester so I don't get to do the Why Do Good module. I had to do The Moral Compass instead. It's also an ethics module and I enjoyed it so much!! :)

Hope you'll enjoy your other modules too! :)

anvily

Reaction score
I'm from an earlier semester so I don't get to do the Why Do Good module. I had to do The Moral Compass instead. It's also an ethics module and I enjoyed it so much!! :)

Hope you'll enjoy your other modules too! :)

Thanks! I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm for classes.

It feels like "Why Do Good?" is a revamped "The Moral Compass" module, from speaking with a friend who completed the mod. It's punishing on teams with mates who show a complete lack of interest in the subject though. Had to tank the group project when mates failed to grasp ethical concepts and theories.

But hey, such is life. ;)

MissLeong

Reaction score
KILLER MOD FOR HRM

Hello everyone.
May i know of the killer modules for HRM , so i will not stack it together?
Thank you for the helpp :) :o

Morrsmorrdre

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
May i know of the killer modules for HRM , so i will not stack it together?
Thank you for the helpp :) :o

LOL hello fellow HRM student!

I'm taking HRM263 Team Dynamics now, its damn shiong, theory-heavy. Next term I'm taking HRM231 Employment Law and Industrial Relations and the textbook looks killer enough

I heard HRM373 Assessment and Selection, FIN303 Financial Management are killer mods

Anyway, this kind of question you should ask in the BHRM Whatsapp group lo then all the old birds can answer you

calliope

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm for classes.

It feels like "Why Do Good?" is a revamped "The Moral Compass" module, from speaking with a friend who completed the mod. It's punishing on teams with mates who show a complete lack of interest in the subject though. Had to tank the group project when mates failed to grasp ethical concepts and theories.

But hey, such is life. ;)

I really enjoyed The Moral Compass too, so Why Do Good sounds interesting. Sorry to hear that you got dragged down by the rest of your group though. The Moral Compass was compulsory for social science students and quite a few people complained about having to take it as well.

Glad to see you being positive though! Hope you'll be able to maintain your enthusiasm for classes, as you put it, and enjoy the modules you're taking. All the best

haoKRR

Reaction score
The e-services really cmi. Anyone experience this as well. Can't access webpage

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

orinyori

Reaction score
The e-services really cmi. Anyone experience this as well. Can't access webpage

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

That's weird. I haven't had any issue with it in the past few years. On peak days it may be harder to get in, but other than that, it works fine for me.

haoKRR

Reaction score
That's weird. I haven't had any issue with it in the past few years. On peak days it may be harder to get in, but other than that, it works fine for me.

i got this, 'The page cannot be displayed'
i am able to access the student portal, but not the e-services

anyone have this issue too? tried on IE, chrome and Firefox too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.