Official Punggol BTO Aug 2018 2-Room Unit

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the SMS they sent us, how can we check our appointment date?

Do we need to do anything before that or can just go down on the appointment date & time?

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which unit are u looking? as the days passed, the unit/floor are lesser/low floor :(

I personally tend to look for the bigger 2-room units as the 36 sqf have alot of wasted space (especially the living room). Whether or not can see the sea or mordor doesn't really matter. Mid-levels will be great, price will be more balance.

With the current choices left, I am more in favor of Woods than Cove.

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the SMS they sent us, how can we check our appointment date?

Do we need to do anything before that or can just go down on the appointment date & time?

HDB will sent you an email stating the appointment date. I think you can also login to HDB to check the dates. However if the units are all selected or ethnic quota are met, HDB will inform you before your appointment date.

DarkAngel17

Reaction score
I personally tend to look for the bigger 2-room units as the 36 sqf have alot of wasted space (especially the living room). Whether or not can see the sea or mordor doesn't really matter. Mid-levels will be great, price will be more balance.

With the current choices left, I am more in favor of Woods than Cove.

Yes, it seems like Woods has more high floor compare to Cove. The problem with Woods is the bomb shelter and 2 door access toilet which make me think twice.

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB will sent you an email stating the appointment date. I think you can also login to HDB to check the dates. However if the units are all selected or ethnic quota are met, HDB will inform you before your appointment date.

Thanks!! I login and realized I'm required to fill in and prepare a couple of forms before heading down for my appointment

Hopefully there are still units available for my appointment next Monday

Yes, it seems like Woods has more high floor compare to Cove. The problem with Woods is the bomb shelter and 2 door access toilet which make me think twice.

I dislike the 2 door access toilet in Woods too. Luckily, all the units in Cove are all single door types.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! I login and realized I'm required to fill in and prepare a couple of forms before heading down for my appointment

Hopefully there are still units available for my appointment next Monday

I dislike the 2 door access toilet in Woods too. Luckily, all the units in Cove are all single door types.
Single door mean smaller type.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
Why toilet 1 door is better than 2 doors design?
Firstly 2rm unit is alr so small, dist to toilet so short why need 2 doors? Secondly less 1dr means more wall area for more storage options etc.. Thirdly go toilet need to lock only one dr:D

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firstly 2rm unit is alr so small, dist to toilet so short why need 2 doors? Secondly less 1dr means more wall area for more storage options etc.. Thirdly go toilet need to lock only one dr:D
But no privacy. Meaning u must come out of bedrm to use toilet.

DarkAngel17

Reaction score
Why toilet 1 door is better than 2 doors design?

the shower part is at the center for 2 doors design - if i want to divide the dry and wet area, it is a headache.

You need to lock both doors.

Storage space is limited for wall area.

eldarwen

Reaction score
I found out that some of the units windows have full-length windows for the living room, but other units have only 3/4 length windows.

punggolbto

Reaction score
Finally it's over for me!

Selected my unit. Definitely not the best possible but definitely not the worst either. Base on my big queue number, I am quite happy with the outcome overall.

So good luck to all those who are still waiting. Do as much research as you can and visit the showrooms in HDB Hub.

The best advise I can give for online research is to join the Telegram group and read ALL the messages there! Ask questions there if need be before your appointment.

Just wanna thank all those who contributed to this thread. Your sharing and replies have contributed to my research and reduce some stress in the process. Thanks and go get that $13.6 million TOTO tomorrow! HUAT AH!!

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally it's over for me!

Selected my unit. Definitely not the best possible but definitely not the worst either. Base on my big queue number, I am quite happy with the outcome overall.

So good luck to all those who are still waiting. Do as much research as you can and visit the showrooms in HDB Hub.

The best advise I can give for online research is to join the Telegram group and read ALL the messages there! Ask questions there if need be before your appointment.

Just wanna thank all those who contributed to this thread. Your sharing and replies have contributed to my research and reduce some stress in the process. Thanks and go get that $13.6 million TOTO tomorrow! HUAT AH!!

Congrats! As of now only 177 units left. Majority are lower level and smaller 2 room units. Mine will be on Monday.

Just wondering how I going to contact them in advance to forfeit...

artistick

Reaction score
Just curious why ppl here chose to buy 2 rm bto over resale flat? Izzit due to big family too squeezing to stay in parent’s house? Those who bought 2 rm how much do you all earn?
Many ppl encourage singles to buy resale so that can rent out for passive income.
I actually quite like this 2 rm small space for self stay.

I feel 2 room bto for the price even without grants is affordable for most single at 35.
Personally, I like to buy things without loan. Due to being self employed & I feel nowadays there’s no job security in today’s era.

For resale to rent out, just don’t like sharing the space with strangers.
so end up decided to go with BTO 2room after considering few option.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.