Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does tire rotation mean swapping between back n front?

for me, i will ask the mech to move front left to rear right, front right to rear left, rear right to front right and rear left to front left.

if your front and rear different size, then just swap left and right.

my exp with most mech is they will just move the front to the rear, vice versa.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa price of my JB car wash. Dunno if Malacca practice the SG plate "premium surcharge" policy or not.
The most say you are SG PR so still considered local. For me I can't speak Malay, Chinese CMI in SG, go JB the Chinese service staff speak to me in English 30 seconds into the conversation. No choice go Malaysia sure kana pay "Sinkie surcharge", sometimes just to get them to say a few keywords in English.

That's why now I tell the kids being able to speak proper Mandarin is very important and not just get by with mixing a bit of English into Mandarin conversations.

try to read thru this thread. a lot of sharing on which shop is trusted. ah yuan is one of them. for ice, lighting, accy... sheng auto. body stuff, btss. and more.

when u go to these shops, u go with a peace of mind. no need to second guess. no need to worry about paying premium. if not sure, always whatsapp the shop staff and check first.

but always good to speak in their language or accent if u can. i think most people will usually appreciate it. may be they have the impression u are local, so they wont any how qoute. ha.

weeza77

Reaction score
for me, i will ask the mech to move front left to rear right, front right to rear left, rear right to front right and rear left to front left.

if your front and rear different size, then just swap left and right.

my exp with most mech is they will just move the front to the rear, vice versa.
Not applicable to directional tyres...>😅

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone contacted Da Sen recently ?

ignored whatsapp messages (both phones), despite one time saw him online, multiple messages ignored, and the first message that was ignored dated way back to 1 month plus ago.

calls also dont pick up.

used to be nothing but praise about him, cause I been there 3 times. cause da sen is way cheaper than Sheng Auto.

now like this :s7:

(fyi no heated argument or what leh, i didnt even negotiate whenever i am there cause he is already cheap)

walkofwinners

Reaction score
guys, tire rotation rm10 ok anot?

this was in melaka. i was drinking kopi and happen to talk to this guy who works as a mech across the street. was talking to him about cars and i suddenly rem i forgot to rotate tires during my oil change in dec. so drove over and he did it for me.

Rm10 so cheap alr, how much cheaper u want, rm5 ai mai?

walkofwinners

Reaction score
JB workshop usually won't suggest change this and that... unless spotted in critical condition and all safety related.
The usual workshop i using, the boss would tell me straight, still can tong dun need to change lah, even i said for every 10k, i want change SP, he would say take that monies treat him bfast. Lolz.
This is what i like of JB workshops, though there are some also like this in SG.
Did not use CC due to distance for me.

Actually its not that far if you go in via tuas, bout 15mins from custom if traffic is smooth.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ignored whatsapp messages (both phones), despite one time saw him online, multiple messages ignored, and the first message that was ignored dated way back to 1 month plus ago.

calls also dont pick up.

used to be nothing but praise about him, cause I been there 3 times. cause da sen is way cheaper than Sheng Auto.

now like this :s7:

(fyi no heated argument or what leh, i didnt even negotiate whenever i am there cause he is already cheap)

Classic case of a old Chinese saying
路遥知马力,日久见人心

It's been close to 2 yrs since I recommended Sheng Auto on this thread. So far so good except for long queues.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Classic case of a old Chinese saying
路遥知马力,日久见人心

It's been close to 2 yrs since I recommended Sheng Auto on this thread. So far so good except for long queues.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

yup i guess peeps that go to DaSen is because of 2 reasons.
Sheng Auto has long waiting time + more ex than DaSen, sometimes by 一倍 (based on experiencesss with both)

services wise, no doubt, Sheng better with Jackson

Last edited:

HellHunter

Reaction score

I msg'd the Da Sen specs bro last on 12 Feb 2019 to ask for a quote for my friend. He replied asking which exact model car but when I provided the variant, my msg went unread, msg'd again on 13th Feb for follow up and also unread/unanswered to date.

Personally, I wouldn't go back there other than for very basic jobs that they really cannot mess up. Like maybe applying tints to lamps or other small jobs. My own experience with them which I haven't related here is as follows(will put in spoiler tag as it'll be a long post)-

Brought my own speakers, amp and sub to wire up. Their labour quote is a bit less than Sheng Auto and Jackson was busy so decided to go there rather than carry my new audio gear in and out of JB.

They took quite a while to do the full setup and sound imaging for me so I was initially happy with their work. Interior wiring was also well secured and a seemingly clean install.

Testing there the volume was high so didn't notice but once I was driving home, I realised there was a whine from the speakers corresponding to the RPM. Went back to them another day for something else and asked about the whine. He told me it's because my headunit using stock one, if use aftermarket won't have. Just basically taichi away the problem. I didn't really accept his explanation but I don't like to argue with shops so I just left it at that.

Went to Sheng for another job and I asked Jackson to help me check on the whine. He told me the RCA cables used are poor quality, the equaliser(supplied by Da Sen) also not good and contributing to the whine and I think Da Sen had laid out the RCA on the same side as power cables also. He also said a very small amount of whine will be there regardless because of the amp which I fully understand and accept. He then pointed out inside my engine bay got unsecured wiring(although it doesn't really have much space to move and nothing to get into but still not good), my sub fuse was some crap baby fuse instead of the larger one used for the speakers and the place they ran the cables from the cabin into the engine bay was not secured. Jackson said small insects/animals and water can go in.

Went back Da Sen and they still maintain the whine cannot do much. Pointed out why the fuse got one baby one, he like no real explanation then ask me if I want the bigger fuse, I said ya, then they just come and change. No charge. I'm not 100% sure but one of the guys working there starting kpkbing about something, dunno if it's about me or something else though. He seemed to be making noise that the specky fella keep agreeing to everything.

Went back Sheng and told Jackson to change the RCA cable to decent one. Paid another RM225 or 235 for 3x RCA and labour. They rewired it. Headunit still stock, amp still in. Whine reduced by 80% or more. Very happy with the work done at Sheng and extremely disappointed by Da Sen. Should never have wasted my time and money to do with them and to top it off, live with a super loud and annoying whine for weeks before I had Sheng resolve it.

That said, I wanted a small bit of my tail light tinted, Jackson had told me RM40/60 depending on quality. Da Sen did for me for RM20. :o That's the only kind of work I'll go back to them for. Everything else, save your heartache and time and just pay the slightly higher quote from Jackson and get the job done properly.

Side note, one of the times I was at Da Sen got SG uncle with his Porsche SUV doing work there but he was literally standing over the guy's shoulder watching the work get done and telling them to do this and that. :s13:

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I msg'd the Da Sen specs bro last on 12 Feb 2019 to ask for a quote for my friend. He replied asking which exact model car but when I provided the variant, my msg went unread, msg'd again on 13th Feb for follow up and also unread/unanswered to date.

Personally, I wouldn't go back there other than for very basic jobs that they really cannot mess up. Like maybe applying tints to lamps or other small jobs. My own experience with them which I haven't related here is as follows(will put in spoiler tag as it'll be a long post)-

Brought my own speakers, amp and sub to wire up. Their labour quote is a bit less than Sheng Auto and Jackson was busy so decided to go there rather than carry my new audio gear in and out of JB.

They took quite a while to do the full setup and sound imaging for me so I was initially happy with their work. Interior wiring was also well secured and a seemingly clean install.

Testing there the volume was high so didn't notice but once I was driving home, I realised there was a whine from the speakers corresponding to the RPM. Went back to them another day for something else and asked about the whine. He told me it's because my headunit using stock one, if use aftermarket won't have. Just basically taichi away the problem. I didn't really accept his explanation but I don't like to argue with shops so I just left it at that.

Went to Sheng for another job and I asked Jackson to help me check on the whine. He told me the RCA cables used are poor quality, the equaliser(supplied by Da Sen) also not good and contributing to the whine and I think Da Sen had laid out the RCA on the same side as power cables also. He also said a very small amount of whine will be there regardless because of the amp which I fully understand and accept. He then pointed out inside my engine bay got unsecured wiring(although it doesn't really have much space to move and nothing to get into but still not good), my sub fuse was some crap baby fuse instead of the larger one used for the speakers and the place they ran the cables from the cabin into the engine bay was not secured. Jackson said small insects/animals and water can go in.

Went back Da Sen and they still maintain the whine cannot do much. Pointed out why the fuse got one baby one, he like no real explanation then ask me if I want the bigger fuse, I said ya, then they just come and change. No charge. I'm not 100% sure but one of the guys working there starting kpkbing about something, dunno if it's about me or something else though. He seemed to be making noise that the specky fella keep agreeing to everything.

Went back Sheng and told Jackson to change the RCA cable to decent one. Paid another RM225 or 235 for 3x RCA and labour. They rewired it. Headunit still stock, amp still in. Whine reduced by 80% or more. Very happy with the work done at Sheng and extremely disappointed by Da Sen. Should never have wasted my time and money to do with them and to top it off, live with a super loud and annoying whine for weeks before I had Sheng resolve it.

That said, I wanted a small bit of my tail light tinted, Jackson had told me RM40/60 depending on quality. Da Sen did for me for RM20. :o That's the only kind of work I'll go back to them for. Everything else, save your heartache and time and just pay the slightly higher quote from Jackson and get the job done properly.

Side note, one of the times I was at Da Sen got SG uncle with his Porsche SUV doing work there but he was literally standing over the guy's shoulder watching the work get done and telling them to do this and that. :s13:

reading your experience with DaSen, the specky guy is call Ah Xian, and I think, think only, that he is the boss, correct me if I am wrong from fellow bro whom initially recommend DaSen. and yes he is the friendly type that agree and say can do to everything :s13:

if he is indeed the boss, then his pattern cannot, will kenna makan by his own staffs, there is one guy in his shop that I super dont like, cant really describe him case no distinctive features about him.

the last trip I was there, drove in, i was friendly and said hi and even smile to that guy, but his face black until like I owe him $, upon seeing Singapore car came.

dunno issit they got bad impression of SG car owners , thinking that we troublesome and Geh Gao. :s22:

and now that u mentioned, seems like I am not the only Singaporeans that was ignored by DaSen

their facebook page provided 2 mobile numbers, initially I always message one of the number and his profile pic is the specky guy, Ah Xian, after my messages got unread, I message the other mobile number listed in their Facebook page, he saw my message due to blue ticks, but did not reply.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup i guess peeps that go to DaSen is because of 2 reasons.
Sheng Auto has long waiting time + more ex than DaSen, sometimes by 一倍 (based on experiencesss with both)

services wise, no doubt, Sheng better with Jackson

So now Sheng Auto vs DaSen.
Personally no use DaSen before. But the feedback is like text messages gone un read oredi turn me down.
Agreed Sheng Auto could be long q at times, trade in for the good customer services and prompt respond and price is cheaper than SG, even best offered me his brother's new Honda Civic for my errands or spin ard just to kill time. These kept me going to Sheng Auto and also recommended frds to Jackson.:s13:

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now with DaSen OUT.

fall back to Sheng Auto.

wonder if there are more recommended accessories ws to share from fellow peeps here . :)

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My residence is like 5mins drive away from woodlands custom. Ok, maybe i will try via tuas one of these day. :D

actually from woodland to skudai not that far. out from ciq exit at danga bay IT mall(i think is call IT mall) then whack straight all the way till sutera mall exit and whack all the way up to the petronas station that got mcdonald is carclick liao?

sorry if i wrong on direction as so far his new workshop i not yet go before but i see google map should be correct. driving time if smooth traffic 20-25 mins?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.