Ask me any questions - Part 2

thwysg

Reaction score
i see, i only worry about how hot the weather can be in aug and scare typhoon strike :o

For Tokyo, I went first two weeks of August which coincided with the Obon period. In fact I stayed at Disney Resort area for 4D and before that, we were at Odaiba to be close to Tokyo Bay Fireworks Festival. Very hot. Everyday above 35°C. Still alright. Equipped with umbrella, water, face towel, and extra clothes. We did eat more ice cream and chilled desserts though.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i go, looking at mid nov..Check SQ land hnd, depart kix 13-23 nov is 2.4k for 2A1C

The best I got was 2k for 2A1C last time but the other way round, land in KIX, depart HND. Now is the best time to buy as you know.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can only say nagano is one of the place I love the most in Japan even though
I am living in Kyoto.
Many natural parks and superb scenery!
You should go 上高地 if you have time!
I been 5 times and i still love there. The view is simply breathtaking

Wow, you're lucky. Are you teaching there? Is Nagano weather similar to Hokkaido in Jun-Jul?

luishoon

Reaction score
Wow, you're lucky. Are you teaching there? Is Nagano weather similar to Hokkaido in Jun-Jul?

ah nope. working in one of the Japanese company here. I speak Japanese so things are easier. also married to a Japanese lady.
hm... am not sure as I havent been during that time.
but its cool as compared to other areas I think.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best I got was 2k for 2A1C last time but the other way round, land in KIX, depart HND. Now is the best time to buy as you know.

Yup i know...Will decide in the next few days..

Wife say spend more time at nagano so likely to do a Nagano+Tokyo..

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there are different grades of kobe beefs so no worries. Yeah you can go
有馬温泉but via train is a bit ma fan as you need to change 3 to 4 trains.
https://route.ekitan.com/norikae/NorikaeSearch?AN=&TP=&CV=&TU1=&TU2=&TU3=&EP=&AIR=&RP=&PN=&DC=&SFNAME=%8EO%83m%8B%7B%28%82i%82q%29&SFCODE=5347&STNAME=%97L%94n%89%B7%90%F2&STCODE=4852&SV1NAME=&SV1CODE=&MONTH=201902&DAY=19&HOUR=20&MIN=10&SR=0&btn_search.x=81&btn_search.y=18

You can take bus too though. We drove there last time. There are 2 famous type of onsen. Gold and silver onsen. I will not say much for you to try and feel haha. Gold is the soil colour like and silver is the transparent one.
The bus link is below.
https://www.hankyubus.co.jp/rosen/pole/1175.html

If you really like onsen, theres another one in 城崎温泉。i bought a pass that allows me to go different onsen house within a day. However its a bit far though. If you are intrested let me know. I can put the link.
Cheers!

Just fyi since you like onsen. i just went to 指宿温泉in 鹿児島。the sand onsen is amazing!
I strongly recommend. One of the best of all the different onsen that I been too!

Thanks for the links, I find them useful. Ya the bus option is far more straight forward, whereas the train option is frankly quite confusing (to me).

So you are suggesting that I try both type of onsens?! Not sure if I can tahan or not lor haha.

城崎温泉 and 鹿児島 sound quite far away from Osaka? Doubt we'll have time for that.. There isn't any recommended ones within Osaka or Kyoto right? I was thinking.. after all the walking and sigh-seeing during the day, at night should go 泡温泉 to relax the muscles :D.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I buy 1hr before bus depart..Lock my luggage then go shopping before going back for the bus..

luishoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, I find them useful. Ya the bus option is far more straight forward, whereas the train option is frankly quite confusing (to me).

So you are suggesting that I try both type of onsens?! Not sure if I can tahan or not lor haha.

城崎温泉 and 鹿児島 sound quite far away from Osaka? Doubt we'll have time for that.. There isn't any recommended ones within Osaka or Kyoto right? I was thinking.. after all the walking and sigh-seeing during the day, at night should go 泡温泉 to relax the muscles :D.

hihi. you should try both. no worries. onsen is good for health. after finish, very nice to sleep. if I remember is 40 plus degress? cant remember so well. but I always remeber the GOLD/the soil like onsen is good for dry skin. lol.

oh 城崎温泉 is actually in 兵庫県 also. but its abit far, so yeah, 有馬温泉is good.
just fyi for you.
https://route.ekitan.com/norikae/NorikaeSearch?AN=&TP=&CV=&TU1=&TU2=&TU3=&EP=&AIR=&RP=&PN=&DC=&SFNAME=%8B%9E%93s&SFCODE=5198&STNAME=%8F%E9%8D%E8%89%B7%90%F2&STCODE=5185&SV1NAME=&SV1CODE=&MONTH=201902&DAY=19&HOUR=20&MIN=10&SR=0&btn_search.x=79&btn_search.y=12

鹿児島 is the most southern part of Japan, just a recommendation as i thought you like onsen haha.

for kyoto and osaka, not any onsen that i know of. LOL.

for Arima onsen, here you go
https://visit.arima-onsen.com/directory/#/do/list
just fyi, kin in gold and gin is silver. have fun planning

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi. you should try both. no worries. onsen is good for health. after finish, very nice to sleep. if I remember is 40 plus degress? cant remember so well. but I always remeber the GOLD/the soil like onsen is good for dry skin. lol.

oh 城崎温泉 is actually in 兵庫県 also. but its abit far, so yeah, 有馬温泉is good.
just fyi for you.
https://route.ekitan.com/norikae/NorikaeSearch?AN=&TP=&CV=&TU1=&TU2=&TU3=&EP=&AIR=&RP=&PN=&DC=&SFNAME=%8B%9E%93s&SFCODE=5198&STNAME=%8F%E9%8D%E8%89%B7%90%F2&STCODE=5185&SV1NAME=&SV1CODE=&MONTH=201902&DAY=19&HOUR=20&MIN=10&SR=0&btn_search.x=79&btn_search.y=12

鹿児島 is the most southern part of Japan, just a recommendation as i thought you like onsen haha.

for kyoto and osaka, not any onsen that i know of. LOL.

for Arima onsen, here you go
https://visit.arima-onsen.com/directory/#/do/list
just fyi, kin in gold and gin is silver. have fun planning

"kin" and "gin" sound exactly like gold and silver in Hokkien!! Easy to remember, unlike most other Japanese chinese characters, words and pronunciations are totally different!

Really thanks a lot for all the links - they're gonna be great help for my itinerary planning! :)

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is that so?

After about 10 trips to Japan in around 15 years, you tend to learn a few things on timings. It's not 100% accurate but you just get a hunch when is the best time to buy. If you are going in Sep/Oct, you can literally wait a month before your trip and can still get a good deal but not for peak season.

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After about 10 trips to Japan in around 15 years, you tend to learn a few things on timings. It's not 100% accurate but you just get a hunch when is the best time to buy. If you are going in Sep/Oct, you can literally wait a month before your trip and can still get a good deal but not for peak season.

I see. Looks like I need to start drafting the itinerary now to see exactly how many days I'll need (9, 10 or 11 days?) so that I could book the Dec tickets asap..

The tickets (cheapest available type), once booked, can't change the (departure/return) dates right?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Looks like I need to start drafting the itinerary now to see exactly how many days I'll need (9, 10 or 11 days?) so that I could book the Dec tickets asap..

The tickets (cheapest available type), once booked, can't change the (departure/return) dates right?

Depends on the ticket type. For SQ, you can still change but they are chargeable.

whuttt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone use Youtrip card in Japan? The rates look attractive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.