QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

X3no

Reaction score
Hi guys. For the spend $8888 promo any know if paying my prudential premium will qualify for:
a. 1.2 miles per $1
b. Qualifying spend towards the $8888

Thank you

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. For the spend $8888 promo any know if paying my prudential premium will qualify for:
a. 1.2 miles per $1
b. Qualifying spend towards the $8888

Thank you

(a) Insurance premium is not eligible for 1.2 miles per S$1 spent

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/429773_PremierMiles_card_agreement_MT4.pdf

3.3 In determining the amount of retail purchases for purposes of calculation of Citi Miles, the following transactions/charges shall not be taken into account and will not earn any Citi Miles:

(vi) payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);

(b) The T&C did not explicitly exclude insurance premium, but there is a clause to exclude bill payment, which is very vague.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Citi_PremierMiles_CNY_Tactical_Spend.pdf

1g."Qualifying Spend" refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from .... (v) bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds

X3no

Reaction score
Ok thanks man!

(a) Insurance premium is not eligible for 1.2 miles per S$1 spent

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/429773_PremierMiles_card_agreement_MT4.pdf

3.3 In determining the amount of retail purchases for purposes of calculation of Citi Miles, the following transactions/charges shall not be taken into account and will not earn any Citi Miles:

(vi) payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);

(b) The T&C did not explicitly exclude insurance premium, but there is a clause to exclude bill payment, which is very vague.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Citi_PremierMiles_CNY_Tactical_Spend.pdf

1g."Qualifying Spend" refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from .... (v) bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds

X3no

Reaction score
Next question - what about using ipaymy or cardup? It should get miles but what about qualifying spend? ;)

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone handled a dispute with citibank before? I got double charged by an online merchant but the merchant said in their records I was only charged once. Transactions in my citi app shows two charges on my premiermiles card. Called citi and they said got to wait till the pending is cleared to check if both charges go through. Was wondering if they will follow thru because im flying for 9 days later tonight and wont be contactable via phone.

if u want to go the extra mile, raised a dispute for both transaction. they will eventually release 1 of the txn if they found 1 is a valid txn.

stiwipl

Reaction score
I didn't use this card for a long time to be honest as I left SG. I kept it however since I had 100.000 miles and they always politely waived my annual fees. I didn't use this card for the past 3-4 years. Apparently they sent out a letter about inactivity deadline, after which if no transactions posted, they will cancel the card. I missed this letter. There was however NO email / SMS notification about it, which I find very strange. Statements, due alerts, everything is sent via email + SMS and nothing about this closure. I only found out about it when I logged in to the online banking system.

100.000 miles lost unfortunately :(

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't use this card for a long time to be honest as I left SG. I kept it however since I had 100.000 miles and they always politely waived my annual fees. I didn't use this card for the past 3-4 years. Apparently they sent out a letter about inactivity deadline, after which if no transactions posted, they will cancel the card. I missed this letter. There was however NO email / SMS notification about it, which I find very strange. Statements, due alerts, everything is sent via email + SMS and nothing about this closure. I only found out about it when I logged in to the online banking system.

100.000 miles lost unfortunately :(

Never appeal?

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Do u guys pay the annual fee $192.60 for the citi pm card for 10k miles?

Or is a waiver btr?

kashanai

Reaction score
The purpose of this card is to pay annual fee for the miles. The amount paid to miles return is higher than normal spending

But if you are unwilling, you can get a waiver.

Or is a waiver btr?

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Everyone has own valuation of miles as to $192.60 for 10k miles is worth it or not. If you think it is worth it, then pay for the annual fee, otherwise just ask for a waiver like I always do.

stiwipl

Reaction score
Never appeal?

I appealed. They said it is impossible for them to reinstate the credit card after it was closed. So I asked them whether they can transfer the 100k miles to my desired airline program and they said it is also impossible once the credit card was closed.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I appealed. They said it is impossible for them to reinstate the credit card after it was closed. So I asked them whether they can transfer the 100k miles to my desired airline program and they said it is also impossible once the credit card was closed.

actually was doable. u have to push for it, or threaten to lodge a complain to MAS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.