[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

maggigoreng

Reaction score
seems like Jump Force doesn't really appeal to me :p might just look forward to Anthem, DmC 5 and The Division 2

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like Jump Force doesn't really appeal to me :p might just look forward to Anthem, DmC 5 and The Division 2
Anthem seems like nothing much improved from the beta, still a big mess and buggy too. Probably have to wait a few months for them to start patching it to more playable status.

snowydust

Reaction score
Hope it works well for you.

Talking about PS4 gadgets, let's add one more that I can't do without:
2-Pairs-Red-L2-R2-Buttons-Trigger-Extenders-for-PlayStation-4-PS4-JDM-030-Controller.jpg_220x220.jpg

Each set comes in a pair (L2 and R2). There are different colors, and transparent ones too.

To install, hold down L2 (or R2), hook the corresponding trigger extender onto the top of L2 (or R2), then push the extender in so it clicks at the button. Pretty simple. Once in a while, L2 or R2 may sort of automatically get pressed when you play game, but usually works fine. They make the controller more comfortable to use.

Search Aliexpress for "ps4 trigger extender". Of cos there's also the joystick thumb grip caps, must-haves for protecting the mushroom top of the analog sticks.

Hi, may i know which thumb grip u bought? I saw quite a few types on aliexpress, will be good if you and other forumers can share the ones that you bought, thanks!

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, may i know which thumb grip u bought? I saw quite a few types on aliexpress, will be good if you and other forumers can share the ones that you bought, thanks!
I am using some with cat paw print or skull, like these:
-Skull-Cat-Paw-Thumbstick-Cap-Cover-for-PS4-XBOX-Analog-Controller-Thumb-Stick-Grip.jpg_220x220.jpg

I've used these too, not bad:
4Pcs-Silicone-Gel-Thumb-Grips-For-Sony-PS3-PS4-XBOX-One-360-Controller-Puscard-High-Quality.jpg_220x220.jpg

I have tried those with a ring of dots, don't like them, I feel they tickle my thumb:
10pcs-lot-Rubber-Silicone-Cap-Analog-Controller-Silicone-Cap-Cover-Thumb-Stick-Grip-For-PS4-XBOX.jpg_220x220.jpg

There's this type with more dots, oddly don't feel so ticklish (but still tickle), don't like them either:
2PCS-Gamepad-Silicone-Button-Protective-Caps-Handle-Joystick-Cap-Button-Silicone-Thumb-Grips-Caps-For-Sony.jpg_220x220.jpg

Note that my purpose is not really to have better grip on the analog sticks. I don't have problem with grip. My problem is that my thumbs secrete some 'oil' (I don't eat snacks while playing, it's just natural body function). My very first controller back when PS4 was released, the rubber cap of the sticks completely eroded. Not sure it's becos of the 'oil', but I've put a thumb grip on every one since then, to protect the stick caps rather than having better grip. Thus I don't need those with all the dots.

There are those taller grips (mine is without the dots):
8pcs-set-Silicone-Analog-Controller-Thumb-Stick-Grips-Cap-Cover-for-Sony-Play-Station-4-PS4.jpg_220x220.jpg

They serve a different purpose. A taller grip actually lowers the sensitivity of the analog sticks. Basically you have to push the stick a longer distance for the controller to register the same action. (Think of the shape of a slice of pizza, the pointy tip is the pivot of the stick, your thumb pushes the stick along the rounded circumference of the pizza slice. For a large pizza, compared to a small personal pan, the curved distance to traverse will be longer. Like comparing V to V, if you imagine a curve line joining the 2 tips. That the distance your thumb has to move.)

Having lower sensitivity helps in shooters as you can make finer adjustments when aiming. You can put a taller grip on the right stick and a normal one on the left, if that's serves your purpose. But most shooters will have sensitivity setting anyway. And usually you want it to be dynamic - lower sensitivity when you are sniping from far vs higher sensitivity when up close with a shotgun (and you need to swing it around quickly when facing an enemy). So a taller thumb grip (or a sensitivity setting in the game) is not going to help. You will need some pro controller that lets you change sensitivity on the fly (by holding a button below the controller when sniping). So using taller thumb grips is more of a personal preference, I don't use them.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mine is the one in transparent white colour. for me i like thumb grips with dots on it so there is friction as i play alot of fps as well as 3rd person shooter games.

2PCS-Gamepad-Silicone-Button-Protective-Caps-Handle-Joystick-Cap-Button-Silicone-Thumb-Grips-Caps-For-Sony.jpg_220x220.jpg

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good deal for PS4 controller? Mine have a slight issue of R3 can ownself move when i press a bit.

Like in MHW, when i use it to look around and stop, it will continue spinning. I think sensor inside spoil le. Damn sian to keep adjusting back its view when fighting.

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good deal for PS4 controller? Mine have a slight issue of R3 can ownself move when i press a bit.

Like in MHW, when i use it to look around and stop, it will continue spinning. I think sensor inside spoil le. Damn sian to keep adjusting back its view when fighting.

cheap fake ps4 controller from shopee may be can give a try

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when PS5 is coming out this year>
my uncle that works in sony told me it's already released in sony store tomorrow for $99.99.

It will be released to all game shops on the 30th of February later this month.

Last edited:

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my uncle that works in sony told me it's already released in sony store tomorrow for $99.99.

Please don't spread rumor. Shigeru Miyamoto emailed me that it's 29th Feb for PS5 release.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Is the stick automatically centering itself properly or somehow it tends to get stuck in one direction?

You can try replacing the stick yourself (roughly 10 pcs for US$1). Not too hard to open up the controller, just be very careful, there are youtube videos if you need.

2pcs-Analog-Joystick-thumb-Stick-grip-Cap-for-Sony-PlayStation-Dualshock-3-4-PS3-PS4-Xbox.jpg_220x220.jpg

Can even change to metallic sticks (~US$2 a pair) if you like:
6pcs-Pack-Aluminum-Metal-3D-Analog-Joystick-thumbStick-grips-Caps-Buttons-Replacement-for-playstation-4-PS4.jpg_220x220.jpg

If it's really the sensor (~US$1.40), you will need some soldering though:
3D-Analog-Joystick-Thumbstick-replacement-repair-parts-Sensor-Module-Potentiometer-For-Sony-Dualshock-4-PS4-Controller.jpg_220x220.jpg

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score

Wow, I almost believed it

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the stick automatically centering itself properly or somehow it tends to get stuck in one direction?

If it's really the sensor (~US$1.40), you will need some soldering though:
3D-Analog-Joystick-Thumbstick-replacement-repair-parts-Sensor-Module-Potentiometer-For-Sony-Dualshock-4-PS4-Controller.jpg_220x220.jpg

The stick automatically centers itself back. But my game is still moving. The key is not registered to stop? This happens to my Spiderman and MHW games, so i dun think its game related. Is it easy to solder? I know how to solder LED strips but if its those SMD type, then i cannot liao. You have a link to a trustable source for this sensor replacement? Mine should be gen2 bought with PS4 pro?

Last edited:

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone finding it harder (or lazier) to play games nowadays?

i used to complete single player campaigns over a weekend or two but these few months, my ps4 is never even turned on. last game i played was Spider-Man. still have so many backlogs to play and i keep buying them while they're on sale and the ones i was anticipating to play like sequel titles (RRD2, Tomb Raider, Yazuka), all of them are still in their shrink wrap. now anthem, division 2 and days gone are coming up, i still have the urge to pre-order but might not play it so soon.

adult dilemmas haha

cutthroat

Reaction score
anyone finding it harder (or lazier) to play games nowadays?

i used to complete single player campaigns over a weekend or two but these few months, my ps4 is never even turned on. last game i played was Spider-Man. still have so many backlogs to play and i keep buying them while they're on sale and the ones i was anticipating to play like sequel titles (RRD2, Tomb Raider, Yazuka), all of them are still in their shrink wrap. now anthem, division 2 and days gone are coming up, i still have the urge to pre-order but might not play it so soon.

adult dilemmas haha
Me lol. Everytime i turn on my PS4, i end up going in to Netflix and just lazing on my bed.I bought over $200 worth of games(after discount)during the end year PSN store sale and i haven't played a single one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.