Guide to SPF Enlistment

knkiii

Reaction score
i see thanks! do Transcom officers follow a 2 days work 2 days off shift system?

I'm from 173 intake. Now I'm in my one month training in TransCom. We do a 4 days shift work and 2 days off. The good thing about TransCom is that for every odd shift we do we clock 1hr. Accumulate it to 8hrs we get a full day off.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nope they won’t have entire intakes of ITE kids ahaha but there might be squads comprising of mostly NITEC holders because they segregate squads based on educational qualifications.

Back then we had mixture Poly, ITE, Regulars, C Course, Overseas Grads, Neutralized Singaporeans and below N Levels (VC)..

Just that most come in 4 mths prep course, the rest came in a month later.

Hellion85

Reaction score
Halfway through POBC now.. I still dk what vocation to choose. I want a relatively xiong one, dont need talk much to member of public, and possibly 2 in 2 out shift

Anyone got any info on ProCom? Kinda have interest in it (from 174 intake)

Will training be at Ulu Pandan? (Tia gong will be relocated to Mandai, can anyone confirm?)
Is it residential or non-residential training?
What is the shift like?

Any pros and cons, what you like about being a ProCom trooper (if you are from there)

Thanks!

Last edited:

knkiii

Reaction score
Halfway through POBC now.. I still dk what vocation to choose. I want a relatively xiong one, dont need talk much to member of public, and possibly 2 in 2 out shift

Anyone got any info on ProCom? Kinda have interest in it (from 174 intake)

Will training be at Ulu Pandan? (Tia gong will be relocated to Mandai, can anyone confirm?)
Is it residential or non-residential training?
What is the shift like?

Any pros and cons, what you like about being a ProCom trooper (if you are from there)

Thanks!

From 173 here I have friends in the procom now. Yup is at ulu panda, u will go home everyday and report to training every morning for 3 months. The training there is xiong and they are very disciplined my friend say procom is HTA 2.0.

From what I know procom is 2 days shift work 2 days off. They patrol key installations and mbs that area and geylang.

If u want xiong training but lepak work life go SOC. They are like on standby most of the times.

Acre45

Reaction score
From 173 here I have friends in the procom now. Yup is at ulu panda, u will go home everyday and report to training every morning for 3 months. The training there is xiong and they are very disciplined my friend say procom is HTA 2.0.

From what I know procom is 2 days shift work 2 days off. They patrol key installations and mbs that area and geylang.

If u want xiong training but lepak work life go SOC. They are like on standby most of the times.

FI George the best FI

Hellion85

Reaction score

sadly im from even intake T.T

CmDrRaBb

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah 174 174 liao... Mine was so long ago that i forgotten the num. Early 100s think 105 haha

Sent from LGE LG-H870DS using GAGT

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
miss the old PA.. everytime i reservist 1st day.. i will look out from PHQ to Old PA.. the big tarmac area (Parts of it), OC block like gone.. Wonder the Dela coy well still there bo. hahaha,,

qwenttan

Reaction score
MANGKOK GUIDE TO SPF Enlistment 2017

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or post in the thread, and I will be happy to answer any of the more private questions..... Cheers!

hi man! i got shortlisted for spf direct entry sergearnt’s SA. Can I add u on fb or get your number to chat? I have some questions and need advice, also to find out more on what I will be able to experience, thank you!

edit: i cannot send pm because i dont have more than 10 posts, sorry

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
i’m in 174 fit! 175 less fit is coming in next tuesday and 175 fit is coming in april, just before we POP. they’ll probably be staying in echo and foxtrot coy haha
Do you know when 174 exact date for POP? My department looking for one 174 Trainee for AOFI post.

ffyozz

Reaction score
hi man! i got shortlisted for spf direct entry sergearnt’s SA. Can I add u on fb or get your number to chat? I have some questions and need advice, also to find out more on what I will be able to experience, thank you!

edit: i cannot send pm because i dont have more than 10 posts, sorry

Yo same here.. gotta report to hta on 4th march.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.