Buying HDB as a single who's married overseas

zmelodyz

Reaction score
Dear all, as above... Can I buy a HDB under the 'singles scheme' if I'm married overseas?

maportofu

Reaction score
Why would you want to buy as a single? Doesn’t it give you more choices in terms of location and size to buy as a married couple? Hmm only reason I could think of is that you don’t want your other half to have any ownership of the house or your other half will cause you guys to exceed the income ceiling if you combine income. Anyway I think you will have to declare you are not married and are single when you buy it and you would be making a false declaration if you go ahead

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to buy as a single? Doesn’t it give you more choices in terms of location and size to buy as a married couple? Hmm only reason I could think of is that you don’t want your other half to have any ownership of the house or your other half will cause you guys to exceed the income ceiling if you combine income. Anyway I think you will have to declare you are not married and are single when you buy it and you would be making a false declaration if you go ahead

So that they decouple first

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is cheating. Just don't get caught.

You should know the consequences and be prepared to bear them if caught.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
On this topic.

If buy as single BTO.

Then when married after that , can buy as married couple BTO ?

acidman35

Banned
Reaction score
Even in sg, ROM is not linked to hdb

If you get marry in sg and you never inform hdb, you and wife still can each buy your own hdb

Gruber

Reaction score
Dear all, as above... Can I buy a HDB under the 'singles scheme' if I'm married overseas?

No, because you are not single anymore, regardless of where your marriage is solemnised. In the same way if you are married in Singapore you will not say you are single the moment you leave Singapore, right?

Wk7777

Reaction score
Even in sg, ROM is not linked to hdb

If you get marry in sg and you never inform hdb, you and wife still can each buy your own hdb

erm.... I think ROM and HDB is linked already.... last time yes, but now I think it is up..... tougher to "choot" stunt anymore.....

last time, left hand dun talk to right hand, head dun talk to body....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.