Virtual Surround, Dolby Headphones, HTRF, Binaural recordings

ghostjacker

Reaction score
Everybody's into the gold rush

On sale for U.S.$72 @ Android authority website. But only ships to US only. DAMN.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everybody's into the gold rush

On sale for U.S.$72 @ Android authority website. But only ships to US only. DAMN.

You can buy via ezbuy.com. most likely it will charge less than $5 for shipping

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
創新科技SXFi隨身擴音機宜家大劈價。
單買擴音機,$139
擴音機與Aurvana耳機配套$199
大眾書局銷售!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling that Creative saw this was coming and hence rushed out SXFi so they can patent troll later?

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling that Creative saw this was coming and hence rushed out SXFi so they can patent troll later?

Pretty likely. Then later whoever talks about 'personalization and audio holography' in the same sentence, they'll fire their patent guns.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
another virtual surround sound , with head tracker

https://www.redscapeaudio.com/

click on online demo to hear the effect (without head tracker)

Thanks!
Hmm...it does change the audio so that it's not blasting at your ears, but still a fair distance away from being able to deceive my ears that the headphones are speakers.

So far Out of Your Head software seems to be king of the hill for me.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Hmm...it does change the audio so that it's not blasting at your ears, but still a fair distance away from being able to deceive my ears that the headphones are speakers.

So far Out of Your Head software seems to be king of the hill for me.

it is designed to work with head tracker, the demo is without headtracker. Without headtracker, the effect is not pronounced.

most likely it is using similar technique as dolby dimension - a generic hrtf enhanced by head tracker.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
it is designed to work with head tracker, the demo is without headtracker. Without headtracker, the effect is not pronounced.

most likely it is using similar technique as dolby dimension - a generic hrtf enhanced by head tracker.

hmm....tricky then, if they put out this demo then expect people to 'imagine' the result with head tracking.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Awesome but lotsa big words, slow going if you're non-tech person like me....:o

A layman multimedia guide to Immersive Sound for the technically minded (Immersive Audio and Holophony)

Question 1: Is there a fundamental spatial distortion in recordings?

Question 2: What is happening to my ears when (if) I experience depth or width to a recording? I believe that I do experience a soundstage effect that differs between headphones, but I'm at a loss to describe what is happening to the audio or to my perception of the audio. It is similar to the difference I hear between open back and closed back headphones.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-layman-multimedia-guide-to-immersive-sound-for-the-technically-minded-immersive-audio-and-holophony.865973/

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Out of Your Head having Black Friday sale now:
https://fongaudio.com/black-friday-weekend-sale-available-now-2/

THE virtual speaker surround product that I can unreservedly say makes me think the audio is coming from actual speakers. A poor man's Smyth Realiser.
But not comparing to the Realiser of course (and I haven't heard that yet).

Note: Hesuvi's OOYH presets not really a good representation of the real OOYH.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.