[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me lol. Everytime i turn on my PS4, i end up going in to Netflix and just lazing on my bed.I bought over $200 worth of games(after discount)during the end year PSN store sale and i haven't played a single one.

Sounds like my friend. :s13:

I just completed Valkyria Chronicles 4 already wanna die even though it was only like 60 hours. :(

symbiote28

Reaction score
Me lol. Everytime i turn on my PS4, i end up going in to Netflix and just lazing on my bed.I bought over $200 worth of games(after discount)during the end year PSN store sale and i haven't played a single one.

this sums it up. plus my friends bought me some AAA game titles and it's still beside the console in its lovely shrink wrap. :s22:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't spread rumor. Shigeru Miyamoto emailed me that it's 29th Feb for PS5 release.

i believed you got that name wrong, buddy. Miyamoto doesn't work at Sony. The one in charge of Sony is Oda Nobunaga. Sony Vice President, Yagyu Jubei, personally informed me of this news.

Reaction score
Sony releasing the PS5 outside of this Q4 window would be a big surprise. A November 2020 release date for the PS5 would make a lot of sense, allowing the new console to launch alongside a wave of high profile releases that typically arrive in the same period.Jan 30, 2019
PS5 Release Date in 2020 Looks Likely - PlayStation 5 Spec Leaks ...
https://www.usgamer.net/.../30-01-2019-ps5-potential-release-date-playstation-5-launch-...

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone finding it harder (or lazier) to play games nowadays?

i used to complete single player campaigns over a weekend or two but these few months, my ps4 is never even turned on. last game i played was Spider-Man. still have so many backlogs to play and i keep buying them while they're on sale and the ones i was anticipating to play like sequel titles (RRD2, Tomb Raider, Yazuka), all of them are still in their shrink wrap. now anthem, division 2 and days gone are coming up, i still have the urge to pre-order but might not play it so soon.

adult dilemmas haha

I try to finish 1 game then buy or move on to next. That was the plan

Initially working fine but I got more n more games to play. But fortunately, I controlled myself n i only bought 3 so far (2 new n 1 used). The rest r free games from subscribing to PS+

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
The stick automatically centers itself back. But my game is still moving. The key is not registered to stop? This happens to my Spiderman and MHW games, so i dun think its game related. Is it easy to solder? I know how to solder LED strips but if its those SMD type, then i cannot liao. You have a link to a trustable source for this sensor replacement? Mine should be gen2 bought with PS4 pro?
I have not done sensor replacement, so far no need to do that, touch wood. I really can't do soldering beyond the most basic anyway. Might want to check youtube. Maybe you can try both, buy replacement stick and sensor (since they are cheap), try stick first, if doesn't work then try the sensor. Ordering both at the same time (don't have to be from same seller) will reduce the wait time for shipping (average 2 weeks).

As for the replacement part, just search Aliexpress. There are many sellers, personally I would just pick one that is cheapest, has free shipping, and good customer rating/reviews. Honestly they are mostly the same. The only concern is if the item never arrive or comes damaged, how they handle customer complaint. There are some bad shops that's not friendly, then you need to open dispute and wait a month or two for refund.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone finding it harder (or lazier) to play games nowadays?

i used to complete single player campaigns over a weekend or two but these few months, my ps4 is never even turned on. last game i played was Spider-Man. still have so many backlogs to play and i keep buying them while they're on sale and the ones i was anticipating to play like sequel titles (RRD2, Tomb Raider, Yazuka), all of them are still in their shrink wrap. now anthem, division 2 and days gone are coming up, i still have the urge to pre-order but might not play it so soon.

adult dilemmas haha
Happens to me quite a lot. Some extended periods (can be months) I am just not in the mood to start a new game. Starting new game usually have to invest in new story, learn new controls, new skills, immerse in the new world... I might just be too lazy to do that, especially now developers like to jam so much into the games, it's like never ending, very daunting to those who like to 100% everything.

During such slump periods I would just go back to some old trusty familiar games and keep playing those. Usually it will be a 'live service' game, like Everybody's Golf, The Crew, Destiny. Or it could be a game that I just finished but I will keep playing it post-game, grind and grind (like DQ11, WoFF).

Currently I am in such lazy mood too. Finished KH3 during CNY, but when I think of all the mini-game grinding that I have to do, really too sianz to get back in. It just happen that Destiny 2's Forsaken expansion is now on sale at us$20 (it includes the previous 2 expansions as well). So I am back in the Destiny 2 world every day and it will last me a long time. (Anthem doesn't seem like it will be day 1 for me, so will wait for sale.)

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happens to me quite a lot. Some extended periods (can be months) I am just not in the mood to start a new game. Starting new game usually have to invest in new story, learn new controls, new skills, immerse in the new world... I might just be too lazy to do that, especially now developers like to jam so much into the games, it's like never ending, very daunting to those who like to 100% everything.

During such slump periods I would just go back to some old trusty familiar games and keep playing those. Usually it will be a 'live service' game, like Everybody's Golf, The Crew, Destiny. Or it could be a game that I just finished but I will keep playing it post-game, grind and grind (like DQ11, WoFF).

Currently I am in such lazy mood too. Finished KH3 during CNY, but when I think of all the mini-game grinding that I have to do, really too sianz to get back in. It just happen that Destiny 2's Forsaken expansion is now on sale at us$20 (it includes the previous 2 expansions as well). So I am back in the Destiny 2 world every day and it will last me a long time. (Anthem doesn't seem like it will be day 1 for me, so will wait for sale.)

kh3 mini games grinding took me nearly 2 weeks. the hardest is the olympus flan mini game.

snowydust

Reaction score
I am using some with cat paw print or skull, like these:
-Skull-Cat-Paw-Thumbstick-Cap-Cover-for-PS4-XBOX-Analog-Controller-Thumb-Stick-Grip.jpg_220x220.jpg

I've used these too, not bad:
4Pcs-Silicone-Gel-Thumb-Grips-For-Sony-PS3-PS4-XBOX-One-360-Controller-Puscard-High-Quality.jpg_220x220.jpg

I have tried those with a ring of dots, don't like them, I feel they tickle my thumb:
10pcs-lot-Rubber-Silicone-Cap-Analog-Controller-Silicone-Cap-Cover-Thumb-Stick-Grip-For-PS4-XBOX.jpg_220x220.jpg

There's this type with more dots, oddly don't feel so ticklish (but still tickle), don't like them either:
2PCS-Gamepad-Silicone-Button-Protective-Caps-Handle-Joystick-Cap-Button-Silicone-Thumb-Grips-Caps-For-Sony.jpg_220x220.jpg

Note that my purpose is not really to have better grip on the analog sticks. I don't have problem with grip. My problem is that my thumbs secrete some 'oil' (I don't eat snacks while playing, it's just natural body function). My very first controller back when PS4 was released, the rubber cap of the sticks completely eroded. Not sure it's becos of the 'oil', but I've put a thumb grip on every one since then, to protect the stick caps rather than having better grip. Thus I don't need those with all the dots.

There are those taller grips (mine is without the dots):
8pcs-set-Silicone-Analog-Controller-Thumb-Stick-Grips-Cap-Cover-for-Sony-Play-Station-4-PS4.jpg_220x220.jpg

They serve a different purpose. A taller grip actually lowers the sensitivity of the analog sticks. Basically you have to push the stick a longer distance for the controller to register the same action. (Think of the shape of a slice of pizza, the pointy tip is the pivot of the stick, your thumb pushes the stick along the rounded circumference of the pizza slice. For a large pizza, compared to a small personal pan, the curved distance to traverse will be longer. Like comparing V to V, if you imagine a curve line joining the 2 tips. That the distance your thumb has to move.)

Having lower sensitivity helps in shooters as you can make finer adjustments when aiming. You can put a taller grip on the right stick and a normal one on the left, if that's serves your purpose. But most shooters will have sensitivity setting anyway. And usually you want it to be dynamic - lower sensitivity when you are sniping from far vs higher sensitivity when up close with a shotgun (and you need to swing it around quickly when facing an enemy). So a taller thumb grip (or a sensitivity setting in the game) is not going to help. You will need some pro controller that lets you change sensitivity on the fly (by holding a button below the controller when sniping). So using taller thumb grips is more of a personal preference, I don't use them.

Wow, thanks for such a detailed explanation sharing! :)

symbiote28

Reaction score

i think it happens to almost all of us. it just takes something to get it back to the mood. i'm reading reviews of anthem and while it's released today, still on the fence if i should get it. some reviews says great, some not so. i think it'll not be a day 1 for me too. gonna try to find that mood again to start either horizon zero dawn, shadow of the tomb raider or RDR2.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.