SBF - November 2018

Archfire

Reaction score
oh no! i got no chance le........there are flat supply of 146 for 4 rm and chinese quota is only 93. my queue number is 11x :sad::sad::sad:

Surely got chance! Based on little experience it will hit almost 2x the Chinese quota lol.

VinaFair

Reaction score
Numbers for Queenstown and Serangoon out on Flat Available for Selection page!

Sent from HUAWEI INE-LX2 using GAGT

Weeli85

Reaction score
Wonder how the selection date schedule, someone mentioned it is running by alphabet. but why punggol no news yet? Anyone received appt date for Punggol area?

Sequance alphabet mature area follow by alphabet non mature area

xLioNx

Reaction score
Hi all, how do I see the current queue number.. Can't find the link.. Any kind soul can paste the link here? TIA!

whyneedAusername

Reaction score
Hi all, how do I see the current queue number.. Can't find the link.. Any kind soul can paste the link here? TIA!

you need to login to your my HDBpage
and check your application status

it will state what is the current number for room selection

info from previous post share by others

ryouma

Reaction score
CLEMENTI 5rm/3gen SBF UPDATE

10 units booked out of 127 units available from 20 invited applicants

current drop-out rate is 50%

Clementi Peak left with 2nd floor

xLioNx

Reaction score
Have a question for discussion..

For SBF tampines 5 room/3gen, there are 112 units in total available. 52 units is 5 room and 60 units is 3gen. The first timer ratio is 1.2 based on 112 available flats.

I applied for tampines 5 room as a first timer and my queue number is 15X out of 52 available units which works out to be a ratio of about 2.9..

I assume not many applied for 3gen so actually most of the 1.2 should be first timer for 5 room.. Based on 1. 2 for first timer.. Actually the worst queue number a first timer should get is (1.2 x 52) = 62 or 63.. Even if I take 112 flats x 1.2 my worst queue number is about 134 or 135 as first timer.. But how come first timers are getting queue number up to even 15X? Is there something wrong?

Last edited:

Dreamscape07

Reaction score
Have a question for discussion..

For SBF tampines 5 room/3gen, there are 112 units in total available. 52 units is 5 room and 60 units is 3gen. The first timer ratio is 1.2 based on 112 available flats.

I applied for tampines 5 room as a first timer and my queue number is 15X out of 52 available units which works out to be a ratio of about 2.9..

I assume not many applied for 3gen so actually most of the 1.2 should be first timer for 5 room.. Based on 1. 2 for first timer.. Actually the worst queue number a first timer should get is (1.2 x 52) = 62 or 63.. Even if I take 112 flats x 1.2 my worst queue number is about 134 or 135 as first timer.. But how come first timers are getting queue number up to even 15X? Is there something wrong?

1.2 merely meant a 1.2 chance to get a number within the 3x units available. And all successfully go into the range de, will again be randomised for a Q number. That means, if a second timer is lucky, he can also get number 1

For example 100 units, 95 for first timer, 5 for second timer. A total 300 (285 first timer, 15 second timer) will be balloted in the next round. In the second, you will be given a Q number. As long as u are in this 300, it doesn’t differentiate first timer or second timer anymore, so a lucky second timer will still get number 1 and a first timer will still get number 300.

This is my understanding so far, please correct me if im wrong. Thanks

xLioNx

Reaction score
1.2 merely meant a 1.2 chance to get a number within the 3x units available. And all successfully go into the range de, will again be randomised for a Q number. That means, if a second timer is lucky, he can also get number 1

For example 100 units, 95 for first timer, 5 for second timer. A total 300 (285 first timer, 15 second timer) will be balloted in the next round. In the second, you will be given a Q number. As long as u are in this 300, it doesn’t differentiate first timer or second timer anymore, so a lucky second timer will still get number 1 and a first timer will still get number 300.

This is my understanding so far, please correct me if im wrong. Thanks

If this is the correct understanding.. Then I think this is very unfair leh.. How can mix first and second timer together.. Obviously the first timer more urgent to get a flat and start family.. If second timer can get ballot and get queue no. 1, then in this scenario, that would mean this second timer got priority over all first timers when selecting a flat.. then later no available flat left for rest of first timer to choose due to bad queue number.. Then what is the purpose of splitting first and second timer in the first place..

Last edited:

Dreamscape07

Reaction score
If this is the correct understanding.. Then I think this is very unfair leh.. How can mix first and second timer together.. Obviously the first timer more urgent to get a flat and start family.. If second timer can get ballot and get queue no. 1, then in this scenario, that would mean this second timer got priority over all first timers when selecting a flat.. then later no available flat left for rest of first timer to choose due to bad queue number.. Then what is the purpose of splitting first and second timer in the first place..

But its 285 first timers vs 15 second timers leh. For second timers to get get into the 300 pool is already very hard. That’s why many second timers had commented that they don’t even get a Q number because they are out of the 300 range.

Whereas for first timers, and those with priority scheme, they are balloted twice to get into the pool the 300.

If the ratio for first timers is 1 means ALL first timers applied will get into the 300. Yet for second timers the ratio can be 10, means only 1 in 10 will get into the 300 pool.

Once in that 300 pool, it will be luck to see what number you get leow.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.