Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_credit_rating#Credit_rating_tiers

only buy AAA = "Prime" Investment-grade bonds .

01f66df290160d813c4f62ccea16f83d-full.jpg

The Lehman sub-prime was "AAA" rated with CDS issued by AIA. CDS acts like an insurance during a credit event. It was a mother of all event, AIA went bust.

kehyi4

Reaction score
Strong words from Mr IPO:

https://srsfund.blogspot.com/2019/02/hyflux-bet-gone-wrong.html

Hyflux - A bet gone wrong

Did Olivia see the downfall coming ?
Absolutely. Olivia probably saw it coming and all her actions pointed to it. For someone who is close to the business, she probably realised that 4 years into the winning the project that she made a wrong bet. Yet, she tried to kick the can down the road by using the "Hyflux" brand to raise significant capital $500m of perps issuance to retail investors in 2016. This allowed Hyflux to live a life on borrowed time. You can see that she is already planning for an exit by paying dividends in both cash and stock in specie - Hyfluxshop even when the Company is performing very poorly and is too highly levered. She is already planning for a life post-Hyflux.

The biggest con Job ever - legally

DBS Bank - What role did DBS play in this saga?

Board of Hyflux - Did the Board question Olivia diligently and rigorously ?

Are there undue preference when the dividend in specie was announced?

KPMG - Did the Auditors question the value of their assets diligently?

What role did SIAS play?

Why are there no class action suits against Hyflux and its board ?

How would Mr. IPO vote?
I haven't had a chance to sit down and review my options. I have already fully written off my $100,000. Since I have already fully written off my investment, I am in the "seeking justice" mode rather than being a rationale battered investor.

I rather see the company go under than being treated like this. I would definitely loved to see Olivia and other related parties being brought to justice if a liquidator is appointed. I would like the liquidator to recover Hyfluxshop from Olivia as well as determine if all relevant parties have discharged their duties responsibly. I will be voting NO but what about you?

Last edited:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strong words from Mr IPO:

https://srsfund.blogspot.com/2019/02/hyflux-bet-gone-wrong.html

Hyflux - A bet gone wrong

Did Olivia see the downfall coming ?
Absolutely. Olivia probably saw it coming and all her actions pointed to it. For someone who is close to the business, she probably realised that 4 years into the winning the project that she made a wrong bet. Yet, she tried to kick the can down the road by using the "Hyflux" brand to raise significant capital $500m of perps issuance to retail investors in 2016. This allowed Hyflux to live a life on borrowed time. You can see that she is already planning for an exit by paying dividends in both cash and stock in specie - Hyfluxshop even when the Company is performing very poorly and is too highly levered. She is already planning for a life post-Hyflux.

The biggest con Job ever - legally

DBS Bank - What role did DBS play in this saga?

Board of Hyflux - Did the Board question Olivia diligently and rigorously ?

Are there undue preference when the dividend in specie was announced?

KPMG - Did the Auditors question the value of their assets diligently?

What role did SIAS play?

Why are there no class action suits against Hyflux and its board ?

How would Mr. IPO vote?
I haven't had a chance to sit down and review my options. I have already fully written off my $100,000. Since I have already fully written off my investment, I am in the "seeking justice" mode rather than being a rationale battered investor.

I rather see the company go under than being treated like this. I would definitely loved to see Olivia and other related parties being brought to justice if a liquidator is appointed. I would like the liquidator to recover Hyfluxshop from Olivia as well as determine if all relevant parties have discharged their duties responsibly. I will be voting NO but what about you?

Mr IPO waiting to get sued...

how can see Olivia purposely do it to get out while ******* investors upside down.

Character assassination leh..

I passed up on all these type of preference shares and bonds ... because i have assessed the company and i know the risk outweighs the upside.

These bloggers really need to stop being so confident of their analysis and indirectly misleading a few hundred or thousands of mom and pop investors... >>. you dont suddenly bcome warren buffett by quoting warren buffet... or wat nots.

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the Banks and financial advisors be held accountable for recommending this shitty product?

then ppl will also say sgx, mas should be held accountable (which some already did) for allowing this pdt to be listed and sold.. and so on.. no end to it.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr IPO waiting to get sued...

how can see Olivia purposely do it to get out while ******* investors upside down.

Character assassination leh..

I passed up on all these type of preference shares and bonds ... because i have assessed the company and i know the risk outweighs the upside.

These bloggers really need to stop being so confident of their analysis and indirectly misleading a few hundred or thousands of mom and pop investors... >>. you dont suddenly bcome warren buffett by quoting warren buffet... or wat nots.
Yeah lor... :(

Some more Olivia lost like $700 million in net worth... :(

People only focus on her $70 million dividend and salary... :(

Sent from . using GAGT

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This guy Mr IPO so rich? Put 100K in a single bond?

I put in $250k per bond and I have a portfolio of > 10 bonds... and I also dare not call myself rich...

U know rich people put is $500k , $1mil per bond u know..

institution no need say..

ccostagmont

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put in $250k per bond and I have a portfolio of > 10 bonds... and I also dare not call myself rich...

Wahseh..... U more than 2.5mil....

And haven't count your stocks + cash holding, car + house....

Really.jin crazy rich siol...

So donch always complain u no longer werk in gahmen....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
then ppl will also say sgx, mas should be held accountable (which some already did) for allowing this pdt to be listed and sold.. and so on.. no end to it.

SGX and MAS is not responsible for the investors' well-being. They just have to to keep out straight up scams and cheats from being listed. Risky or poorly run companies also deserve the rights to be listed.

Banks and Financial advisors though, are supposed to be responsible to the investor. If a product is risky, they should have pointed it out and made sure their clients fully understand the risk, or even just not recommend such risky products to clueless investors. If they failed to serve their clients best interest, it means they have failed at their jobs horribly and should pay a price for their gross incompetence.

madtari

Master Member
Reaction score
U r rich even in EDWM standards! Ur right... 250k per bond is the minimum subscription... but u have more than 10... so that still makes u rich! Many ppl can't even afford 1 even if they wanted to put all their eggs into 1 basket!

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wahseh..... U more than 2.5mil....

And haven't count your stocks + cash holding, car + house....

Really.jin crazy rich siol...

So donch always complain u no longer werk in gahmen....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT

gahmen job is the best!
pay well , do nothing more than meetings, emails and manage vendors. :)
tons of bonuses, leave, townhalls, teambuilding, lots of teabreaks and long lunch etc etc..

i think i work half a year for a full year's wage most of the time.

I really regret quitting my gahmen job.. If I have one advice to those who work, once u get into a gahmen job, u better hold on to it tightly, don't be lured by private sector.. unless u believe u r the cream of the crop that can rise..

if u r avg worker, civil servant job is the best, automatic payrise and keep up with market without competing with foreigners... basically.. gahment job is the best.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U r rich even in EDWM standards! Ur right... 250k per bond is the minimum subscription... but u have more than 10... so that still makes u rich! Many ppl can't even afford 1 even if they wanted to put all their eggs into 1 basket!

if u can't buy a few bonds ... u shouldn't even be considering individual bonds.
U should be buying bond etf or bond funds... though it will diminish the benefits of having a bond.

Anyway, for most investors, especially teh young ones who have long time horizon and growing earning power while having little cash to invest, you should always be 100% equities and nothing else, apart from funding the property (HDB BTO 1st one).

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dear focus1974,

Wah ... I know you're doing well but didn't know you're doing that well!! :s12::s12:

Can I ask you how did you make your first pot of gold to be doing so well? Is it through salary/bonus from civil service, stocks, properties, entrepreneurship or whatever else? No need to reveal if this is intruding on your privacy.

You're my idol.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun understand y so many non hyflux investors in money mind n edmw think this issue is contained within hyflux. u r equally affected if u r invested in stuffs like es3 etc. there's a cascading effect in everything unless u r 100% cash

2c.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.