Thread: Android TV Box
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #1206
xiaofan

Thanks for the evaluation. This gives Starhub Go app users like myself some hope that there is a Android box out there that can support that app.

Two reasons why I still rather use the Android box option instead of just leasing a second Starhub Set top box for my 2nd TV or using Google Cast on my Sony smart TV.

By the way, you mentioned H96 Pro Plus and H96 Max, are these the actual model names of the Android box itself or referring to the generic types?

Thanks.
You have one more option, to buy the Starhub Go Streaming Box but then it is probably not cost effective.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-...aming-box.html

As for the H96 Pro Plus or H96 Max Plus, they are generic model name from unknown vendors. Just between the two, H96 Pro Plus S912 is much better with faster 5GHz wifi and gigabit Ethernet and faster CPU/GPU. More established vendors like Beelink or Tanix offer better quality boxes. The cost is actually not much higher than generic boxes in the local online market place like Lazada.

Tanix TX5 Max -- S905X2 (seems not yet available in local online market place).

Tanix TX92 S912 box, around S$80-90

Tanix TX3 Max, low end S905W based boxes, about S$40-50 for 2GB/16GB version

Beelink GT1 Mini S905X2 Box, about S$80-90 for the 4GB/32GB model and slightly higher for the 4GB/64GB model

Beelink GT1 Ultimate S912 Box, about S$90-100 for the 3GB/32GB model

All the above boxes should be fine for streaming purpose, just I can not confirm whether they can run Starhub Go or not. They all run mobile version of Android. And it seems to me that Starhub Go should work fine with boxes running Mobile version of Android, even rooted box, but I can not test.

Last edited by xiaofan; 25-02-2019 at 11:18 AM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote