NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nooz17

Reaction score
Didn’t the website stated that if we were to start in June, the offer would come around May? Although that’s more explicitly for ppl who applied in January or Feb this year. But since in the email they said we were expected to start in June, I expect that’s when the letter would come?? I’m not sure either

i believe they are clearing their backlog from june/sept applicants all the way to may. there should be other dates for signing as well from now till then!

nooz17

Reaction score
Did u get a call regarding the interview before receiving the email? Did it come from a private number? I missed a call from a private number few days back..and was wondering whether it could be from MOE..

yes i did but they will also send an sms and an email. you can try emailing them for info as well?

nooz17

Reaction score
Congrats Nooz! If you don’t mind sharing, what’s your subject combi n application date? Thanks!!🙏🙏🙏

hello! eng language and social studies for sec sch :) applied in sep, interview in oct, medical in jan, offered in feb.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi,my interview is in March. May I ask, for the 5 min teaching presentation during interview, will we be asked to present on the 1st teaching subject or 2nd?

ummumar

Reaction score
Hi,my interview is in March. May I ask, for the 5 min teaching presentation during interview, will we be asked to present on the 1st teaching subject or 2nd?

They would've told you which subject you've been offered isn't it? So, u need to prepare based on that.

nooz17

Reaction score

your interview letter would have stated first or second, though usually it's the first.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
your interview letter would have stated first or second, though usually it's the first.
My interview email stated both, but they said there will be another letter coming nearer to the date:
Teaching Subject 1:English Language (Pri)
Teaching Subject 2:Mathematics (Pri)
I will just prep for Eng first n wait for the second interview letter fir more details.. Thks!

FeelsBadMan

Reaction score
Applied to teach Mathematics for sec and
got an offer to teach
1. Design and technology (sec)
2. Mathematics (sec)

Didnt take Design and Tech at all in secondary school since it wasnt offered at my sec school at all so I asked if I could teach something else instead and got the offer rescinded immediately. Now I'm kinda stuck wondering what to do.

Anyone knows if it makes any difference applying again during the next application window?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.