Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
OMG, need advice. I'm having cashflow problems. Been receiving sms and watsapp by LS for weeks. I admit I tempted by the terms. $5k for 12mths at $460/mth.
After given info and all, somebody called me say he need to test first.
He offered a 1 week loan of $1k and payback $1.46k before releasing $5k - $460 as 1st installment.
Now feel like if I pay the $1.46k, they might scam me. They already transfer $980 (- $20 admin fee) to my account even though I say I decide not to take up loan while on the phone.

Pls advice me and pardon my stupidity.

Hello green72.

First of all stay calm and report to the police about this. Dont make any transaction to them. If you're able to pay them the $1.46k within 1 week, they will definitely see you as an easy target.

Be firm and tell them you no longer want to take up the loan and f*ck them up for transferring you the money without your consent. Ask for an account num for you to transfer back. Right now, you need to show you're not afraid of them. They feed on our fears hence that's why they will try all ways to get money from us.
Cut of all contacts with them. Block all their numbers, you will receive multiple calls and msgs from different numbers once you block them. Stay calm each time you receive calls/msgs and NEVER EVER GIVE IN TO THEIR THREATS. You have to be emotionally and mentally strong to fight against them.

Inform your NOK and workplace if you passed them their number. They will start to harras them next once they're unable to contact you. So it's better to inform them in advance to give them a heads up.

If you feel there's a need to close your bank account, please do so. This is just in case they make another transaction to you unknowingly and say you've taken the loan or whats so ever.

Just in case they come and do something to your place, install CCTV. You'll never know what this idiots will do. They will get runners to do their dirty job but it is better to be safe than sorry la.

Talk to someone you trust about it if it gets too overwhelming. This is to keep yourself sane and calm. It is not going to be easy especially and the initial stage. Dont let this mother f*ckers ruin your life thats why it is important to ALWAYS remain calm.
Many of us have been thru this before and still alive and kicking. Still surviving from the mistake we make. So dont be so hard of yourself and take this as a lesson learn. Life need to go on.

May god protect you and your loved ones and give you the strength to pull this through. Jiayou! 💪💪

I hope this helps ya.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Hello green72.

First of all stay calm and report to the police about this. Dont make any transaction to them. If you're able to pay them the $1.46k within 1 week, they will definitely see you as an easy target.

Be firm and tell them you no longer want to take up the loan and f*ck them up for transferring you the money without your consent. Ask for an account num for you to transfer back. Right now, you need to show you're not afraid of them. They feed on our fears hence that's why they will try all ways to get money from us.
Cut of all contacts with them. Block all their numbers, you will receive multiple calls and msgs from different numbers once you block them. Stay calm each time you receive calls/msgs and NEVER EVER GIVE IN TO THEIR THREATS. You have to be emotionally and mentally strong to fight against them.

Inform your NOK and workplace if you passed them their number. They will start to harras them next once they're unable to contact you. So it's better to inform them in advance to give them a heads up.

If you feel there's a need to close your bank account, please do so. This is just in case they make another transaction to you unknowingly and say you've taken the loan or whats so ever.

Just in case they come and do something to your place, install CCTV. You'll never know what this idiots will do. They will get runners to do their dirty job but it is better to be safe than sorry la.

Talk to someone you trust about it if it gets too overwhelming. This is to keep yourself sane and calm. It is not going to be easy especially and the initial stage. Dont let this mother f*ckers ruin your life thats why it is important to ALWAYS remain calm.
Many of us have been thru this before and still alive and kicking. Still surviving from the mistake we make. So dont be so hard of yourself and take this as a lesson learn. Life need to go on.

May god protect you and your loved ones and give you the strength to pull this through. Jiayou! 💪💪

I hope this helps ya.
Thank you very much. I follow up about this so that others will also learn.

Everything else I ok, even if workplace kena phone harassment but it's a big headache explaining this to my wife. But I need to suck it up.

F*ck this LS. Playing with our predicament with stuffs like "low interest". A bit lucky I found this discussion.

lalalala87

Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied for loan from 2 UML for $5000 initially thinking which one will come back first.

No.1 came back n bank in a $500 to my account only. I total make a payment of $800 to no.1 till date.

No. 2 transfer a $300 to my account which I have no intention of taking and I have requested to cancel the loan. till date I make a payment of $400.

both of them keep asking me pay deferment fees.

My intention now is stop paying them. make a police report and close my bank account.

my main concern is I have a newborn baby. Will they make harressment to my house? the amount I took is not big n I pay more than the amount they borrowed me.

Please advise.

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Morning

Please stop paying. Go bank and close your acct. Head on with police report just in case anything happen, as well as install cctv at your place.

Loanshark are using different tactic nowadays to scam as much as they can. Don’t worry and stay calm.

Hi all,

I applied for loan from 2 UML for $5000 initially thinking which one will come back first.

No.1 came back n bank in a $500 to my account only. I total make a payment of $800 to no.1 till date.

No. 2 transfer a $300 to my account which I have no intention of taking. till date I make a payment of $400.

both of them keep asking me pay deferment fees.

My intention now is stop paying them. make a police report and close my bank account.

my main concern is I have a newborn baby. Will they make harressment to my house? the amount I took is not big n I pay more than the amount they borrowed me.

Please advise.

lalalala87

Reaction score
will they harass my house? that the main thing. the loan amount wasn't big. n I guess not really worth it paying the runner to harass me.

Morning

Please stop paying. Go bank and close your acct. Head on with police report just in case anything happen, as well as install cctv at your place.

Loanshark are using different tactic nowadays to scam as much as they can. Don’t worry and stay calm.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
There is cases that even $500 loan and they still send runner over.
My advice is stop paying if not they kept on xfer u or don’t let u clear when ur it’s ur due date. It’s really based on situation and luck for harassment wise. To u may be small sum but to them might be big.

will they harass my house? that the main thing. the loan amount wasn't big. n I guess not really worth it paying the runner to harass me.

green72

Reaction score
There is cases that even $500 loan and they still send runner over.
My advice is stop paying if not they kept on xfer u or don’t let u clear when ur it’s ur due date. It’s really based on situation and luck for harassment wise. To u may be small sum but to them might be big.

If they keep xtfr w/o ur consent, can we withdraw that amount and pass to SPF as evidence?
For me it was $980, intent to make report. Have not tell my intention to cancel loan to LS.
Not sure how they will react becoz they expect $1.46k. What if they refuse to take back the $980 & instead xtfr more?
I'm trying to keep my sanity in check.

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Firstly bro close your account and open a new one. They can’t do any s h i t after ur acc is close which mean they can’t xfer u anymore. Get down to bank or login ibanking for statement show it as a proof to police. Keep the money and stop transferring them. If they know your soft spot they will kept on threatening u and xfer u w/o ur consent. Keep wanting more from you. Lastly install cctv in case there’s any form of harassment sent by AL.

If they keep xtfr w/o ur consent, can we withdraw that amount and pass to SPF as evidence?
For me it was $980, intent to make report. Have not tell my intention to cancel loan to LS.
Not sure how they will react becoz they expect $1.46k. What if they refuse to take back the $980 & instead xtfr more?

Messup

Reaction score

Are you still in contact with them? When are you supposed to return the $1.46k?

Some experiences from victims here are as follows:-

1) if you tell them you want to cancel loan, they will tell you there’s cancellation fees.
2) if you want to return the money back to them, they will say you transferred to wrong account la, need cash deposit la, transfer different amount to different account, etc and you got to redo the transfer back. All these excuses is after you had made the transfer back to them.

Do report to SPF and be vigilant. Be prepared for harassments but do stay calm and strong.

green72

Reaction score
Are you still in contact with them?
I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Now thinking of not giving them a single cent more.

Am I doing the right thing? Thursday is the 1st payment.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
I doubt so they’ll accept la. But you can nego price with him lo. If me i won’t pay le, since he’s the one auto xfer

I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Now thinking of not giving them a single cent more.

Am I doing the right thing? Thursday is the 1st payment.

green72

Reaction score
I doubt so they’ll accept la. But you can nego price with him lo. If me i won’t pay le, since he’s the one auto xfer
Of course I expect them to kpkb after they realise I return only the principal. They can come and harass me.
If I lose my sanity, I can also call and disturb them if my brain short circuit. But I know that is a bold statement, outside look solid, inside I already melting.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No worry, confirm will harass you.
The loan will never end.
They will ask you defer or give you a bank account to bank in money then give a lot of rubbish excuses.
Close your bank account.
Make a police report immediately.
Let the police handle them.

lalalala87

Reaction score
No worry, confirm will harass you.
The loan will never end.
They will ask you defer or give you a bank account to bank in money then give a lot of rubbish excuses.
Close your bank account.
Make a police report immediately.
Let the police handle them.

what type of harassment? I remain contactable.

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
Guys, here's my advice. For those the UML transfer you the money already, call up your bank and ask the bank to transfer back the money to the account owner. After that, make a police report. Tell them everything. For my case, the UML stopped harassing me after they tried calling my office. Its been over a month now. I didnt block their numbers as i want to keep track of their harassment. Never transfer them the money even though its the principle amount that they gave you. Ask the bank to do it. Stop entertaining them and they will get tired eventually.

green72

Reaction score
Guys, here's my advice. For those the UML transfer you the money already, call up your bank and ask the bank to transfer back the money to the account owner. After that, make a police report. Tell them everything. For my case, the UML stopped harassing me after they tried calling my office. Its been over a month now. I didnt block their numbers as i want to keep track of their harassment. Never transfer them the money even though its the principle amount that they gave you. Ask the bank to do it. Stop entertaining them and they will get tired eventually.
What do you explain to the bank? UML activities or wrong transfer?

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Agree.
And if possible, pls tell all your friends about this Web page. Let them know about loan scams brfore someone fall into trouble again and again.

Nobody know this website untill that day happened and will be good if we let them know before they fall in right?

If have time, just read all old post and learn experiences how to solve if you have some problems with loan scams.

Don't panic, we have to stay strong to face them. You can do it.

Take care everybody.

Makminah

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I follow up about this so that others will also learn.

Everything else I ok, even if workplace kena phone harassment but it's a big headache explaining this to my wife. But I need to suck it up.

F*ck this LS. Playing with our predicament with stuffs like "low interest". A bit lucky I found this discussion.

True. Breaking the news to your NOK is always the hardest. But yr wife deserve to know especially if you put her as yr NOK. Asleast if the call her up she know what happened. Of course you will get it from her but just stay quiet and apologise. You need their support at times like this. Hope everything will be okay for you soon.

Impheatus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update, it has been few days since we it has happen to me. Block their numbers, they never called back. No funds were transferred to my account. I guess I was lucky..

Makminah

Reaction score

It all depends on your luck. No such thing as amount big or small. For now just lay low and take all the necessary precautions. Put all social media in private. Even yr whatsapp DP.

Stay safe and strong ya! 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.