2019 Enlistment

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
I thought Jan and April are JC intakes while Poly intakes are in August and October?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A6000

I think that's probably right. Spoke with a nephew yesterday who is graduating from Ngee Ann Poly this year (not sure which month). He will be enlisting in Sep this year.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks God. I hope he won't be posted to any of the Guards Units.

In my opinion, Guardsmen are one of the most unappreciated vocations. They train hard like the Commandos, but yet didn't get the recognition (with red berets) or shortened reservist cycles.
Hope he go guards.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think that's probably right. Spoke with a nephew yesterday who is graduating from Ngee Ann Poly this year (not sure which month). He will be enlisting in Sep this year.
One data point you relied on to determine this?

papa71

Reaction score
My son go in 3 Jan . Join 3 div Guards. In tekong.

Question: Is there a different in training from past years intake. Where they go in straight Bedok camp?

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score

So early receive letter?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A6000

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

=:pMy nephew's complained training siong:s12:;)

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
Yup 3 Jan 2019.This Fri "A" level release so your son should get many "A":D

Ah, just one day after my son's enlistment.

Not sure about the 'A's though. Just keep my fingers crossed and hope he gets good results. He is booking out at 1.45pm on Friday to collect his A level results.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, just one day after my son's enlistment.

Not sure about the 'A's though. Just keep my fingers crossed and hope he gets good results. He is booking out at 1.45pm on Friday to collect his A level results.

:)How your son's result:)

My nephew's did very well in his "A" level:)

What's is his grade;)

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
:)How your son's result:)

My nephew's did very well in his "A" level:)

What's is his grade;)

Thanks for asking. My son also did very well for his A level scoring straight As for all his subject. RP is 90.

Is your nephew planning to apply for any scholarships?

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking. My son also did very well for his A level scoring straight As for all his subject. RP is 90.

Is your nephew planning to apply for any scholarships?

:)RP 90 is all "A" full mark right no problem get scholarship;)

Some pple says must get As for all subject then got chance;)

Last time knw 1 neighbour's, his son get BBBCCD can get scholarship in NIE think his CCA help him.

My nephew's result just A/B nt gd enough:)
I think they dnt want get bond tie down

His cousin dnt do well in "A"level even from hwa chong but get all A1 from "O" level.

Normally pple from Hwa chong can get many "A" but his cousin get B/C only.

Last edited:

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
:)RP 90 is all "A" full mark right no problem get scholarship;)

Some pple says must get As for all subject then got chance;)

Last time knw 1 neighbour's, his son get BBBCCD can get scholarship in NIE think his CCA help him.

My nephew's result just A/B nt gd enough:)
I think they dnt want get bond tie down

His cousin dnt do well in "A"level even from hwa chong but get all A1 from "O" level.

Normally pple from Hwa chong can get many "A" but his cousin get B/C only.

Thanks for the kind words.

We are middle class so without a scholarship my children can only attend local universities. I am hoping that they can go out and see the world before they settle down with a family. An overseas education can give them a very different perspective in life.

My son has put in applications for PSC Scholarship (Teaching Services) and a couple of MOE Scholarships. He wants to be a teacher hence all his scholarship applications are related to teaching.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.