Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Singtel got such thing call CIS sim only plan bo? If can sign like this i do not mind sticking to singtel $20 20GB plan. :crazy:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So my Singtel 24 months is up this thurs 28, i assume friday i can go M1 to do the port over right and i assume M1 will do all the necessary steps for me?

Do i have to call singtel to tell them i will be crossing over to M1? Knowing them for so many years, chances of them charging me extra month or penalty seems quite high. :o :o

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros, Currently I'm paying M1 $5 for 5gb. If I change to the $5 for 25gb via the app, any additional charges?

Depends if you had just started your billing cycle. You will be charged another $5 as there is no pro-ration for the old $5 for 5GB. Note, there is no additional fees.

For example, your billing cycle starts on 19 Feb. You will need pay another $5 on top of the billed $5 for 5GB.

M1 staff advised me to call in 1 day before next billing cycle (18 March) to tell them you want change to 25GB for $5. Then there won't be any additional $5.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So my Singtel 24 months is up this thurs 28, i assume friday i can go M1 to do the port over right and i assume M1 will do all the necessary steps for me?

Do i have to call singtel to tell them i will be crossing over to M1? Knowing them for so many years, chances of them charging me extra month or penalty seems quite high. :o :o

Just make sure your contract 24 FULL Months end on Thursday and you sign up (port) to m1 on Friday.

M1 will do the necessary procedures, no need to say bye to ST

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No need to do anything on Singtel.
Just wait for the FINAL Bill from Singtel.

Do note that porting process start at 2300 hours and may completed by midnight, earliest.
M1 might send a SMS to indicate the porting process start/end.
Try to restart the phone with M1 and do test the SMS/calls send to the actual mobile number ported, if possible.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Singtel got such thing call CIS sim only plan bo? If can sign like this i do not mind sticking to singtel $20 20GB plan. :crazy:
Not at the moment. Currently only Starhub and M1 have and you have to sign up those with phones then can use CIS. If purely just SIM only, then no CIS benefits.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Just make sure your contract 24 FULL Months end on Thursday and you sign up (port) to m1 on Friday.

M1 will do the necessary procedures, no need to say bye to ST

Yap. I went down to the shop to ask and also called the CSO to confirm.

Funny thing is this, i feel stupid when i went down to the shop and ask.

CSO: Sir do u have the singtel app install?
Me: Yes.
CSO: Ok then you launch the app.
Me: It will not show me the date (I know this already).
CSO: Wait sir, you launch first, go to this and this.
Me: See, no date.
CSO: Wait i check the date for u.
Me: ........................................

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap. I went down to the shop to ask and also called the CSO to confirm.

Funny thing is this, i feel stupid when i went down to the shop and ask.

CSO: Sir do u have the singtel app install?
Me: Yes.
CSO: Ok then you launch the app.
Me: It will not show me the date (I know this already).
CSO: Wait sir, you launch first, go to this and this.
Me: See, no date.
CSO: Wait i check the date for u.
Me: ........................................

#Singtel customer service at it's best.

buggerbuggerbrinjal

Reaction score
buggerbuggerbrinjal wrote:

I tried signing up for a new M1 mySIM(3) 20 (12-month) plan, but it doesn't give me free caller ID, roaming, and SIM card. All charged. Did you get charged for those?

edit: SIM card $37, caller ID $5/mth, roaming $10/mth...price become not worth it

Anyone got the same problem when ordering M1 mySIM(3) 12-month plan?
I went directly to the M1 Store to sign up. Maybe they have not updated the web order yet?
Yeah I guess that's probably it. Oh well, have to go visit them...thanks bro

eesymerej

Reaction score
Yeah I guess that's probably it. Oh well, have to go visit them...thanks bro

Mindy says:
Enjoy FREE SIM card, including eSIM (U.P. $37.45) when you sign up a new line on the following plans:

mySIMe
Smartphone Plan
mySIM3
mySIMs
SurfShare
SIM card charge will be waived at the point of sign up at any M1 Shop and Exclusive Distributor.

For online sign-ups (if applicable), SIM card is chargeable upfront and the SIM card charge will be refunded to your debit / credit card.

Promotion is valid for a limited period only!

buggerbuggerbrinjal

Reaction score
Mindy says:
Enjoy FREE SIM card, including eSIM (U.P. $37.45) when you sign up a new line on the following plans:

mySIMe
Smartphone Plan
mySIM3
mySIMs
SurfShare
SIM card charge will be waived at the point of sign up at any M1 Shop and Exclusive Distributor.

For online sign-ups (if applicable), SIM card is chargeable upfront and the SIM card charge will be refunded to your debit / credit card.

Promotion is valid for a limited period only!
Oh I see. But then roaming and caller ID are also charged online...like that how? Better just go to the shop

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Just checking, is it possible for a foreigner who is still waiting for pass approval to sign up for SIM only plans or are they restricted to only prepaid until with a valid pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.