Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Now thinking of not giving them a single cent more.

Am I doing the right thing? Thursday is the 1st payment.

First and foremost it is important to report to the police.
As you know, they wont provide you their own account. They will use accounts of victims like us to transfer the money. Imagine some poor soul like us receiving the money you transferred? They report to the police and your acct num was reflected. If you dont report, the police might take you as an accomplice.

Even if you want to return them back the money, they will come out with 1001 excuses to extort more money from you. So right now the best option is to stop communicating with them and let the police do their job.
On your part be extra vigillant whenever you're home. See any suspicious person just call the police.

Makminah

Reaction score
Just an update, it has been few days since we it has happen to me. Block their numbers, they never called back. No funds were transferred to my account. I guess I was lucky..

Good for you. Just stay positive but vigilant too. You'll never know what or when they will do next.

I hope all is well for you.

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
What do you explain to the bank? UML activities or wrong transfer?

Tell the bank that you suspect it is money laundering and you dont know the money is from where. Say that you already lodge a police report and this is a follow up that the police officer ask you to do.

green72

Reaction score
Tell the bank that you suspect it is money laundering and you dont know the money is from where. Say that you already lodge a police report and this is a follow up that the police officer ask you to do.
Still contemplating which comes first, police report or approach bank. Luckily I not working today and had a whole day and night to think through.
So I will,
1. Report police
2. Go to bank branch and bring along police report.
3. Inform & explain to my work superiors.
4. Inform & explain all of NOK which I provided their contact.
5. Install Call blocker app on all hp.
6. Inform the UML of step 1-5.
7. Wait for any form of harassment and make further police report.

You guys have provided strength in my dire situation. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
Still contemplating which comes first, police report or approach bank. Luckily I not working today and had a whole day and night to think through.
So I will,
1. Report police
2. Go to bank branch and bring along police report.
3. Inform & explain to my work superiors.
4. Inform & explain all of NOK which I provided their contact.
5. Install Call blocker app on all hp.
6. Inform the UML of step 1-5.
7. Wait for any form of harassment and make further police report.

You guys have provided strength in my dire situation. Wish me luck.

Skip num 6 bro. Dont have to inform the LS of your actions. Just ignore them totally. One of my case, I inform the LS i've made a police report, "the boss" called me up asking for $2k as an apology fee cause I threatened them to report to the police. 😂
Save the drama and move on.

green72

Reaction score
Skip num 6 bro. Dont have to inform the LS of your actions. Just ignore them totally. One of my case, I inform the LS i've made a police report, "the boss" called me up asking for $2k as an apology fee cause I threatened them to report to the police. 😂
Save the drama and move on.

Ok noted.
But I wonder if they'll later accuse me of "stealing" their money because of no knowledge of the return.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Ok noted.
But I wonder if they'll later accuse me of "stealing" their money because of no knowledge of the return.

If they do, it is just another rubbish reason to get money from you.
No point carrying on any form of conversation with them, they might just send runners after you (Probably scared debtors/people who were scammed too).
If that happens you can request for CCTV need to liase with your town council

Looking back at my own case, i got worried for nothing.
After i cut all contacts with them, the harassment stopped, has been a few weeks now, even if they call, i will just block and carry on with my life.
There is no point fighting/arguing with a shadow, unless you manage to track where their phone call came from, then you can send them present

Makminah

Reaction score
Ok noted.

They will definitely find ways to scare you and get money from you. Since they are the ones who transferred you the money even after you told them you dont want to proceed with the loan, that is their problem lor. Have you make a police report? You should do that immediately bro. Whatever numbers you have blocked them on your wife's hp too.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Mak and all are here to help you. Our bro mentioned "shadow" , we cant fight it. You are on safe side as long as you dont work for or with them
Ok noted.

green72

Reaction score
Any difference making online police report or go down station?
Anyone have experiences to share?

For those who want to block those calls and using android, can use this app Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Got a few choices, block private numbers, block numbers not in your contact list or block number not in your whitelist.
The app will reply user busy for you. We fight them with technology too.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
As I read from this page of yours, just do what our bros and sis tell you.
You have been scammed.
Bring your child and family live with your in-laws if you are scared. So far scam cases they dont have people come over to physically harrazs home or work place. No need to block sms/video or look at unknown numbers . Just dont fxxk care them. Be brave. The disturbance will reduce and diminish as time past.

Hi all,

I applied for loan from 2 UML for $5000 initially thinking which one will come back first.

No.1 came back n bank in a $500 to my account only. I total make a payment of $800 to no.1 till date.

No. 2 transfer a $300 to my account which I have no intention of taking and I have requested to cancel the loan. till date I make a payment of $400.

both of them keep asking me pay deferment fees.

My intention now is stop paying them. make a police report and close my bank account.

my main concern is I have a newborn baby. Will they make harressment to my house? the amount I took is not big n I pay more than the amount they borrowed me.

Please advise.

Fear Less

Reaction score
If it can make you feel better or safe ,
make pol report where you deem fit.
For my case I didnt report. I kena scammed 700 for 450, the fxxker threatened me " want to play hard" I told him my kock is hard enough for yourmother to enjoy. End of comm with just one sentence.
I borrowed from ls and never have this problem.
Please dont borrow anymore. Spend on what you have. Have nothing is more peaceful than the problem you are having.

Any difference making If online police report or go down station?
Anyone have experiences to share?

For those who want to block those calls and using android, can use this app Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Got a few choices, block private numbers, block numbers not in your contact list or block number not in your whitelist.
The app will reply user busy for you. We fight them with technology too.

green72

Reaction score
Update 1.(For the benefit of would-be victims)

1. Made police report via their e-services. An investigating officer will be assign and will contact me within 48hrs.

2. Send back money to sender.FYI, bank don't need police report. They just fill up a form for you to sign. Just need IC.

Now, waiting for harassment to begin.

Last edited:

Souijuro77

Reaction score
Update 1.(For the benefit of would-be victims)

1. Made police report via their e-services. An investigating officer will be assign and will contact me within 48hrs.

2. Send back money to sender.FYI, bank don't need police report. They just fill up a form for you to sign. Just need IC.

Now, waiting for harassment to begin.

Can you pls share the number and name of this scammers so rest of us would be wary?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if install a cctv. they still dare to do it?

The real ah long based in oversea such as Malaysia.
They will not come to Singapore meet you one on one.
Those who come to your house are like you debtor them self who are forced to do it due to the financial difficulty.
Just go make police report and let the officer advice you for next step.

Souijuro77

Reaction score
Actually my personal view is this. I know that ah longs are bad, but if friends and banks all don’t want to lend then what can I do? If high interest tonget me out of a tight spot im Ok, but worst is these scammers. How to even tell cos they will ask for the same info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.