Ask me any questions - Part 2

luishoon

Reaction score
The news here just updated the Sakura forecast.
Not 100 percent accurate buy i will just put some popular spot's date.

Tokyo - 23rd March
Nagoya - 21st March
Osaka- 25th March
Fukuoka - 17th March
Sendai - 8th April
Sapporo - 29th April

These are the start to bloom dates.
normally 1 week later then full bloom.
as I said, might be earlier or later.
Dates are just for reference.
Cheers

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best I got was 2k for 2A1C last time but the other way round, land in KIX, depart HND. Now is the best time to buy as you know.

Now cheaper sia but wife slping..hope tmr still have..

Same date and flight travel I check on Thurs was 2.5+, now is about 2.083k..

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now cheaper sia but wife slping..hope tmr still have..

Same date and flight travel I check on Thurs was 2.5+, now is about 2.083k..
For 2a2c? Won't get cheaper than this!! Or maybe since they add more flights prices could remain competitive

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 2a2c? Won't get cheaper than this!! Or maybe since they add more flights prices could remain competitive

2A1C..

Anyway, decided to book mid Oct cos wife wana go Nagano. $2177.70(With forward seat selection), if not should be about 2083..

Works out to about $700/seat. Same price if I go 5th Nov(redeye) to 16th Nov(redeye)..

Last edited:

pricklepantz

Reaction score
I'm travelling from Nagoya to Nagano, Chino.
Hyperdia suggests to use Shinano and Azusa lines. Very exp sia ... is there train pass that tourist can use to save money?

Nagoya -> Nagano (7,000 JPY)
Nagano -> Chino (5,000 JPY)

So, to and fro trip total roughly 12k ! 😂

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeking old bird's advice again:

If we were to stay in Kyoto (planning to tour Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji, kiyomizu-dera, Gion, plus other usual Kyoto attractions), is it better to find accommodation near Kyoto Station (more expensive in general), or near 四条 area (cheaper and more choices)? TIA!

My consideration is the ease of taking public transports to the various attractions. I read that Kyoto station is where the bus terminals are located so I assume it's faster to travel from there?

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If we were to stay in Kyoto (planning to tour Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji, kiyomizu-dera, Gion, plus other usual Kyoto attractions), is it better to find accommodation near Kyoto Station (more expensive in general), or near 四条 area (cheaper and more choices)? TIA!

My consideration is the ease of taking public transports to the various attractions. I read that Kyoto station is where the bus terminals are located so I assume it's faster to travel from there?

Staying near Kyoto station is always more convenient as most temples are more accessible by bus. For cheaper hotels, you can look at the southern part of the station. Generally the hotels are more affordable.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kyoto station definitely easier as will have most/all the buses to the various temples.

other areas, the hotels may or may not be near some of the bus routes. while the hotel can provide you a map of the bus stops for the various buses to reach the temples but where to stop when coming back to the hotel will be confusing. :s22: somehow i'm never able to figure out google maps properly with kyoto buses.

techman03

Reaction score
Hi TS,

Have you tried Dorokyo gorge boat ride at wakayama?
Need recommendations as we cant find the scedule or the boat company for this. Appreciate it. Thanks

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi TS,

Have you tried Dorokyo gorge boat ride at wakayama?
Need recommendations as we cant find the scedule or the boat company for this. Appreciate it. Thanks

Do you mean this?
http://www.kumakou.co.jp/dorokyou/dk003.html

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kyoto station definitely easier as will have most/all the buses to the various temples.

other areas, the hotels may or may not be near some of the bus routes. while the hotel can provide you a map of the bus stops for the various buses to reach the temples but where to stop when coming back to the hotel will be confusing. :s22: somehow i'm never able to figure out google maps properly with kyoto buses.

me too... google map is very very very bad for kyoto bus... i dun know why too.. cant find the bus stop.. in the end need to ask ppl//:s22:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am thinking of going japan for autumn this coming oct nov..... as i just came back from osaka , kyoto and tokyo jan 19... thinking for the coming trip where should i explore more to see the beautiful autumn.. any recommendation... i be traveling from osaka..

my plan is travel to toyama and maybe alpine route .. the alphine route autumn nice?

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Areas around Nagano generally have pretty early autumn..Late sept to early Oct if not wrong.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check.

If i wish to go from Tokyo > Kanazawa > Toyama > Nagano(Side trips to Yudanaka Station and Karuizawa) > Tokyo.

The only pass that covers all above is JR Hokuriku Arch Pass right?

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am thinking of going japan for autumn this coming oct nov..... as i just came back from osaka , kyoto and tokyo jan 19... thinking for the coming trip where should i explore more to see the beautiful autumn.. any recommendation... i be traveling from osaka..

my plan is travel to toyama and maybe alpine route .. the alphine route autumn nice?

Alpine route is high up ..... mid sep is the colorful season .... snow falls early to mid oct onwards

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone bought deca stuff like ski jacket ??
how good is it?
My wife and I use decathlon base layers, ski jacket, pants, gloves, socks. Used our sets for last 3 ski trips/years liao & still going strong.

We also use their cheap small backpacks for skiing and hiking, also very good for the price.

We also use their waterproof hiking shoes for snow, these not so perfect cos not very comfortable and the default laces are slippery and come undone literally every few hours.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.