Unable to connect SSL certificate...How?

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm behind a Asus router RT-AC3200.
I keep getting this message that I cannot connect to a site and I get this SSL error msg. When I use other wifi, i can access this site. On mobile data also possible but can't access behind my router.
I've tried clearing cache, delete browse data but to no avail. It just happened suddenly. Never had this issue before.

Any advice guys?

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the msg i get.
This site can’t provide a secure connection happy.live sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried same site on a different phone also same issue. But once not connected to my router.
It works.

mmchaisi

Reaction score
I'm behind a Asus router RT-AC3200.
I keep getting this message that I cannot connect to a site and I get this SSL error msg. When I use other wifi, i can access this site. On mobile data also possible but can't access behind my router.
I've tried clearing cache, delete browse data but to no avail. It just happened suddenly. Never had this issue before.

Any advice guys?

google the issue, some suggestions for fix is found here
https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/

Try setting router date and time

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried setting router time and date also cannot.

Try to switch off computer, router and ONT for 1 minute then switch on ONT first then the rest. It should resolve the issue. Com must do a full restart.

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try to switch off computer, router and ONT for 1 minute then switch on ONT first then the rest. It should resolve the issue. Com must do a full restart.
ok will try that. I actually did that already but it didn't work. Maybe my sequence is wrong? I will try again.
Funny thing is I connect by 4G it works. Use my neighbour Wi-Fi to test also works but use my house Wi-Fi cannot. Happen suddenly have been find for years man.
I appreciate all your input. I'm tempted to do a factory reset but worry abt my other settings.

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try changing the DNS resolver address on your router.
Means change the DNS?
I tried another browser also cannot.
Then I access from history those that I manage to enter it works....But new links all cannot.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means change the DNS?
I tried another browser also cannot.
Then I access from history those that I manage to enter it works....But new links all cannot.

screen-shot-2017-09-23-at-1-22-03-pm-png.10533

DNS Server 1 change to 1.1.1.1 and DNS Server 2 = 8.8.8.8? Give it a try? Need to restart router and ONT as well.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok will try that. I actually did that already but it didn't work. Maybe my sequence is wrong? I will try again.
Funny thing is I connect by 4G it works. Use my neighbour Wi-Fi to test also works but use my house Wi-Fi cannot. Happen suddenly have been find for years man.
I appreciate all your input. I'm tempted to do a factory reset but worry abt my other settings.
Earlier i had the same issue but resolve with just a simple restart.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.