Thread: Wechat wallet
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #470
SibehHL

I'm intending to go in a couple of weeks time... please advice me on the wechat wallet function. First time visiting China and am confuse on top up function.

Understand tt not many places accept credit card, and I read thru this forum oso realize tt wechat wallet or alipay is the way to go. So how do I go abt using tt?

Seems like there are some limitation to wechat wallet now?
1) Can I use a relative's bank acc to link to my wechat wallet?
2) Best way to xfer the $ spent to my relative? Isit queue at the Chinatown remittance service than remit to his bank? seems like tt way oso need ID iirc.
3) if I use rmb, will I be out of place there?

___

payment aside, which hotel do u guys suggest for a first timer vistor? Am looking at stay ard updown9 and Beijing road. budget <100/night
WeChat wallet function is a payment tool; e.g., Paynow, Paylah etc in Singapore except that this system is much more advance and widely used in China with Alipay & Wechat wallet.

Before topping up, are your wallet functions still functioning? Have you performed a Card Linked procedure to your Wechat account (实名认证)Some users here were saying they are unable to receive red packets or money transfers.

Remittance at Chinatown is quite easy just need the address/bank account/Chinese ID details etc of the receiver, sender address/NRIC details and finally the purpose of remittance.

Which city are you heading to in China? Almost every city has a road called Beijing Road.....
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote