Thread: Wechat wallet
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #472
Exclusive10
Master Member

WeChat wallet function is a payment tool; e.g., Paynow, Paylah etc in Singapore except that this system is much more advance and widely used in China with Alipay & Wechat wallet.

Before topping up, are your wallet functions still functioning? Have you performed a Card Linked procedure to your Wechat account (实名认证)Some users here were saying they are unable to receive red packets or money transfers.

Remittance at Chinatown is quite easy just need the address/bank account/Chinese ID details etc of the receiver, sender address/NRIC details and finally the purpose of remittance.

Which city are you heading to in China? Almost every city has a road called Beijing Road.....
Yes thanks beanstalk, im heading to GZ. Thanks didn't know abt Beijing Road in every city.

Nv had a my wechat wallet link to anybank. But don't know thru games or taobao or what, inside seem to have a few dollars. Since cash is ok, I think best to stick with cash.
In case any issues cropped up then all gone to waste.

Any hotel recommendation in GZ? Budget < 100 ? First time solo visiting abit nervous and anxious.

I believe 7-11 got sell the alipay topup or smth? always see on anti scam advert. Can I get 1 of those and gift for ppl there. Chinese colleagues there sure v 好客 one, will snatch to treat. Or better to change RMB n join in the snatch ... ? haha

Exclusive10 plans to visit Guangzhou.

I would advise travellers to China not to fret over cash-less payment. RMB cash is still universally accepted over there and cannot be refused.
Thks beanie for clarifying. I think I've make up my mind to use cash since cashless so much doubts over it. 比较好安全过对不起
Exclusive10 is offline   Reply With Quote