Looking for Recommendation - Civic, Mazda 6, Camry, Type R

lurker88

Reaction score
Yolo . CTR, the rest can wait till you get older. Enjoy the adrenaline rush of driving this manual beast. I been driving manual for many years. Im not bothered by the SG traffic during peak hours or jam at JB. Too used to it.

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just discovered the new Peugeot 508 and man that car looks great both inside and out. I'm feeling like it better than the Civic now.

It almost feel like a Mustang. And that interior. Never felt liking a French car this much.

Did u look at other conti brands too if this appeals to u? Might as well look at A class, 1 Series or A3 too or even Skoda.

Sainterly

Reaction score
29 year old. 1.5 yr driving.
so in that blood. CTR will be a good choice.
till u get older like 40 when the ctr scrap or pass down.
then u can start uncle like me.

Just a little bit of mod. keep it as long the 300-350bhp range.
put a rubber stiffer on the spring.
can drive like a sheep on the grass
or wolves in the wilds.

by the ex few car u drove. this is going to be a memory in your life.

Just my thought.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm a first-timer buyer so I'm a total novice. I'd like to seek some advice from fellow forumers.

I'm looking at the following models:

1. Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo ($117,999):
My favorite exterior design among all and it was love at first sight. I've never been a fan of Civic look until this model came out.

2. Civic Type R ($184,999):
Similar as the normal but with wilder look and, of course, horsepower. If I own this, will definitely do some track days at Sepang.

3. Mazda 6 2.5 Premium ($144,800, Promo Price $129,800, promo interest: 1.88%):
I'm no big fan of the design but wife likes it. I've heard good words about it on international forums but the user ratings on sgcarmart seems very low (maybe due to small sample size). The current promotion looks incredible and according to the sales person, it will end after Feb.

4. Camry 2.0 ($143,900): Least favorite exterior for both my wife and me. But as far as I know, a Toyota should be a safe buy so I put one model here.

I think we can afford all these options although the Type R will eat into our savings a bit more. And I'm 29 yo with 1.5 yrs license age. We don't have kids or parents to drive around with.

My wife values these aspects in decreasing order of importance, it would be great if you could comment on these axes.
1. Ease of selling as in how fast we can sell it at a good price point (we will probably sell it after 5/6 years)
2. Depreciation as a percentage of the selling price.
3. Exterior look and feel
4. Durability
4. Comfortability
5. Long-term costs - maintenance, insurance, fuel efficiency

My current preference purely based on exterior design is:
1. Mazda 6 (wife factor, and the promotion looks really attractive)
2. Civic Type R (this can be 1st if resellability is as good as Mazda 6)
3. Civic
4. Camry

Thank you in advance!

You first time buyer and 29yo and Type-R is in your list ?
Wah taking YOLO to the next level man ......

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, i take that back. Please go ahead and YOLO, i need more people like you to contribute to the economy.

Orphan

Reaction score
Normal working class, duo income, no kids, no parents to worry about. Can lah.

If hire purchase, slightly more than 1k a month split between 2 income.

If sponsored by rich parents, won't be Civic Type R leow, he'll be asking about Lambo.

HondaJG

Reaction score
Normal working class, duo income, no kids, no parents to worry about. Can lah.

If hire purchase, slightly more than 1k a month split between 2 income.

If sponsored by rich parents, won't be Civic Type R leow, he'll be asking about Lambo.

:s13::s13::D:s13:

Kotorin

Reaction score
Yolo . CTR, the rest can wait till you get older. Enjoy the adrenaline rush of driving this manual beast. I been driving manual for many years. Im not bothered by the SG traffic during peak hours or jam at JB. Too used to it.

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

Lol, that's what I think when I see how taxi drivers in China drive. So adept, like driving automatic car. Practice makes perfect

Kotorin

Reaction score
Actually, i take that back. Please go ahead and YOLO, i need more people like you to contribute to the economy.

:s13::s13: I want to YOLO, wife doesn't allow. Need so much effort persuading until almost giving up already. Now I'm considering an i30N. That's 40k cheaper. And Hyundai allows test drive unlike Honda. Hope my wife will be impressed by that gear shifting blast sound.

Kotorin

Reaction score
Did u look at other conti brands too if this appeals to u? Might as well look at A class, 1 Series or A3 too or even Skoda.

I'm not big fan of conti car looks. The Peugeot 508 is an exception. I'm attracted by the almost-US-muscle-car look.

vironix

Reaction score
:s13::s13: I want to YOLO, wife doesn't allow. Need so much effort persuading until almost giving up already. Now I'm considering an i30N. That's 40k cheaper. And Hyundai allows test drive unlike Honda. Hope my wife will be impressed by that gear shifting blast sound.
Don't la bro. Kimchi vs Jap. Type R is legit.

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
yea. Kia stinger? Happy owner here :)

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.